Posts by pajtaz

Tonyrh,

Root cause could be the way that Kodi mounts SMB shares. Sometimes the access to these Kodi mounted SMB shares is fast and sometimes it is slow. It varies between which operating system is accessing the SMB shares. I had a similar/same issue and posted about it in Kodi forum. see the thread here: Kodi forum post

In short, the main way to get always fast access to SMB shares in Kodi is to manually mount them as described here: Mount Network Share

If you do this, you should always have fast access, no matter from which operating system and machine. If you still have problems with speed then I would not know what the problem is and how to fix it. Just make sure if you mount the SMB shares manually to remove them from Kodi first (by removing them inside of Kodi).

Hello,

This issue is on LibreELEC 8.2.5 on x86_64 machine. I have two problems with using the remote control that I did not have with LibreELEC 7.0.2 on imx6 machine (Cubox). I have attached the log so you can see what happens when I hit the buttons.

First issue is that KEY_FAVORITES does not get recognized by Kodi even though it is received by Kodi. I tried using Keymap Editor and when clicking this button nothing was happening. So I checked the log and in the log this line appears without being followed by "OnKey" line:

Code
    19:52:05.579 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 24221436:16c 0 KEY_FAVORITES devinput (KEY_FAVORITES)

In my Lircmap.xml in Userdata folder, this button is assigned to <title>, which is then assigned to operation of ContextMenu in default remote.xml in <global>. With exact same Lircmap.xml this button worked as ContextMenu in LibreELEC 7.0.2.

Second issue is that KEY_BACK and KEY_EXIT share the same key id. When pressed, Kodi recognizes it as key id=216 for both buttons, even though they are actually different buttons with different codes. I first saw this in Keymap Editor and in the log, you can see it also:

Code
    19:52:15.799 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 24231656:ae 0 KEY_EXIT devinput (KEY_EXIT)
    19:52:15.799 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: OnKey: menu (0xd8) pressed, action is fullscreen
    19:52:16.484 T:140288722986752   DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc
    19:52:19.048 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
    19:52:19.049 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 24234906:9e 0 KEY_BACK devinput (KEY_BACK)
    19:52:19.049 T:140290439489216   DEBUG: OnKey: menu (0xd8) pressed, action is fullscreen

In my Lircmap.xml, these two buttons are assigned to <back> for KEY_BACK and <epgsearch> for KEY_EXIT, the same as in 7.0.2. Again, in LibreELEC 7.0.2 both of these buttons had different key ids and operated as intended. In 7.0.2 uUsing Keymap Editor I was able to assign KEY_EXIT to activatewindow(home) so I used it as universal exit key. Trying the same in 8.2.5 does not work because Keymap Editor recognizes both buttons with key id of 216.

Can someone please help me fix this? Maybe someone can explain how does the code that is seen by LIRC get translated to key id. I searched many forum posts on both LibreELEC and Kodi forums but cannot find an explanation. If I know how this is done then I can change the key id of these buttons and get them to work.

Currently this is an issue for me primarily when using the TV Guide and wanting to exit to Home at any screen. I was able to do both of these things before. Thank you in advance.

01_KODI.log

Lircmap.xml.txt

Hello,

I have the exact same problem as posted in this thread that was never resolved: Openssl compilation issue for 8.2.5 / 9

I am trying to compile 8.2.5 on Ubuntu 16.04.6 on 64-bit machine. Original poster did not really explain how he solved the issue and nobody is replying to the post any more. There must have been many people with exact same issue if it occurs for 8.2.5 compilation on the recommended Ubuntu build machine.

Can anyone please help me get over this issue?

I have the exact same issue as OP, compiling 8.2.5 on Ubuntu Server 16.04.6 LTS. Doing vpeter's suggestion did not change anything even after wiping the entire build folder.

What is the final solution? I do not understand what sammyrc did when he said he ran the entire shell script from the Makefile manually. Can anyone help me with this?

I have read so many forum posts on many different websites but I cannot find an answer to a simple question. It is possible for a device running LibreELEC/Kodi to take control over CEC WITHOUT power cycling the device?

This issue was discussed multiple times across multiple forums but nobody ever answered a simple question of whether it is possible to send a command by a device running LibreELEC/Kodi to take control over CEC without power cycling. The issue is simple: whichever device (of the ones connected over HDMI and using CEC) powers on last, that device takes control of CEC commands. If the device running LibreELEC/Kodi is powered on after TV and AVR, that device will be the one who can control TV and AVR over CEC (in my case, to control volume up or down on the AVR). However if the device running LibreELEC/Kodi remains powered on and TV and AVR are switched off then some time later they are turned on, the device running LibreELEC/Kodi cannot control TV or AVR any more (unless it is power cycled).

I am running LibreELEC on Cubox-i4x4 and I can control volume of AVR using Yatse remote control app if Cubox was powered on last. As soon as TV is power cycled, the TV takes control and I cannot control volume of AVR using Yatse any more. This is due to TV taking control over CEC. Why cannot the same signal that takes control of CEC be sent again by my Cubox without power cycling it?

Please help me understand whether this is possible and if it IS possible, how can I take control over CEC without power cycling. If it is not possible then this issue can finally be explained to everyone. Thank you ahead of time.

I use HDHomeRun 4DC (HDHR3-4DC). It's great but it's an overkill if you only need one tuner. I sold my USB tuner Hauppauge WinTV DualHD since I got the HDHomeRun 4DC. I think the WinTV Dual is ok but I believe the support is there for only one tuner. There's a whole discussion on LibreELEC forum about this.

Otherwise there should be other USB tuners that you can use. The only thing I can say is that having one box (your Raspberie Pie 3) doing TV tuning and recording using the USB tuner might slow it down too much. My Cubox could not handle watching TV with the USB tuner and recording. Maybe for this reason a network tuner is the better option. Just my thoughts.

This may sound crazy but I witnessed something yesterday that freaked me out. It also made me concerned for security of Yatse Android remote control app.

We use Kodi for live TV. We were watching live TV, just simply watching a channel. My wife was browsing Facebook on Chrome on her Android phone (she removed the Facebook app). As she was browsing, there was a sponsored ad for AliExpress Shopping App. In the ad there was a button for "Shoppen". She clicked on that button and the playback of the live TV stopped. It was equivalent to clicking stop on the remote control or clicking stop button on any iPhone, Android or other remote control app (such as Yatse).

I was able to repeat this every time with this particular ad (AliExpress Shopping App ad on Facebook). I have recorded a video of this occurring. You will see that I click on the button while TV is playing, Playing stops and goes back to the TV guide, which happens if you normally stop playback of a channel after you clicked on the channel in the TV guide.

My wife's phone has the Yatse app installed. I figure that's the way that clicking on the button in the ad caused Kodi to stop playing the live TV stream. So I went into Yatse, removed Kodi from the list of devices and repeated the test. As I suspected, nothing happened when clicking the button in the ad. So obviously clicking on the button in the ad was somehow sending a signal through Yatse to stop playing the live TV stream to Kodi. I did notice that clicking on the button should open a pop-up but her Chrome settings prevent pop-ups. Besides the pop-up, nothing else seems to happen when clicking the button. You can see this in the video.

So can anyone explain what is going on? It is obvious that somehow Yatse gets activated and sends a stop stream signal to Kodi when clicking on the button in the ad. But that should not be allowed to happen, unless I am missing something. Is this an Android security issue or Yatse app issue or Facebook ad issue or some combination of both? This really freaked me out. This means having Yatse installed on the Android phone could allow anyone to control Kodi through web pages, intentionally or unintentionally.

I am really curious what developers have to say.

This "bug" is not about channel zap speed. The channel never switches. It does not seem to be an issue about caching since live TV switching works fine on my Windows 7 Kodi Krypton (any version) using the exact same setup (the only thing being different is imx6 vs Windows versions of Kodi). I could be wrong, maybe caching is causing this issue for Cubox specifically. Whatever the issue is, it seems to be specific to Cubox versions of Kodi or Tvheadend PVR client.

Hello,

I have been testing every single build since 7.0.2 and on every single build I have the same problem. I was expecting the issue to be fixed in LibreELEC 8.0.2 but the same issue is still there.

I am using Tvheadend as client and Tvheadend 4.2 as PVR backend. I have a Cubox-i4x4 running kernel version 3.14 of LibreELEC. On the 7.0.2 version (with kernel 3.14) live TV is perfect. Channels tune with little delay, picture is perfect, audio is perfect, deinterlacing is perfect. In the issues below I have the EXACT same hardware.

On LibreELEC 8.0.2 and all builds from 7.90.001, live TV is basically unusable. I started with clean installations so the issue is not with upgrading. I set up Tvheadend in the same way, all other settings for playback and system same as 7.0.2. Once I go to TV, I tune to any channel and channel plays after a bit of buffering (longer than 7.0.2 but reasonable). Then I switch to another channel, the buffering starts, goes to 100% really slowly (10 seconds), nothing happens, buffering starts again to 100%, nothing happens, and so on. I have to stop playback. Then I try it again (start playback of a channel, try to switch) and same thing happens.

I played with audio settings, video settings, deinterlace settings, etc. but nothing helps. I want to mention that on Tvheadend side, there are no errors so the issue is with Kodi. Something changed drastically from 7.0.2 that makes watching live TV unusable on my Cubox. I am not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.

I can post logs if anyone wants to see them but for that I have to switch SD cards and annoy my wife. For now, maybe someone can tell me what's wrong with information above. To repeat, this happens on EVERY single build since 7.0.2 on Cubox. I am currently continuing to use 7.0.2 and cannot use any LibreELEC since then due to this problem.

So nobody has the same problem with live TV and Tvheadend in LibreELEC 8 on any other platform?

It seems strange that this issue exists on Cubox alone and that it is so specific (channel switching in Tvheadend client). It is a basic functionality of PVR client to be able to switch from one channel to the next. On the backend everything works ok, the issue is only in Kodi. Should I make a new post, not specific to Cubox?

Do we have ANY progress on this issue? I just downloaded and tested 8.0.2 with kernel 3.14 and same issue persists. I can tune to one channel on my Cubox then pretty much switching to any other channel just loads the buffer and nothing happens. This must be isolated by now since it has been happening on every single release of LibreELEC for Cubox since Krypton started being used.

Vpeter, anything?