Posts by Protocol Zero

What version of LE and what is it running on ? (your hardware)

I'm glad you asked that, cause I never realized that my system didn't auto update, I was still on 8.2.2 but then I manually updated to 8.2.3 and nothing changed at all.

I use a Logitech F710 which is similar to an XBOX360 controller.

Firstly you will also need a keyboard to SET the controller.

In the Input-> Controller menu select "Kodi" from the left hand side with the keyboard. Then when the countdown timer starts on the "A" button, select that button on the controller. If all goes well it will move to "B", "X", "Y" etc. If one of the buttons fails, just select it again with the keyboard and try again.

If nothing happens, check cat .kodi/temp/kodi.log for something like inpiut/jr0 not found. If that is the case restart Kodi with systemctl restart kodi.

Also I have found that if a button is not pressed on the controller during boot, LE will fail to recognise the controller, so if rebooting hit a button a number of times.

In the Settings -> Input section, I'm not sure if it matters, but "Peripherals" is grayed out.

Also, back when I was on Openelec and configuring RetroArch to work, I was doing a lot of customizing to get my Xbox 360 controllers to identify themselves (the lights surrounding the Xbox button, the player 1 light, player 2, etc) and after a lot of trial and error, I did finally get that to work. But I could never get my Xbox One controller to work (it's a wireless controller with the USB cable connected, the same way I use this controller on the PC). But now when I connect either of these controllers, the lights just blink and the Xbox One controller will eventually just turn off.

When I go to configure the controller, I select "Kodi" from the left hand side, and that takes me to the "button A" section, and no matter what I press on my controller, nothing happens. I've tried both controllers.

There is nothing in the kodi.temp log about anything that I can tell is related to controller inputs at all, I can't even see in there anything that even attempted to map my controllers.

Finally, I did try pressing buttons during boot, and it didn't change anything.

I am open to try anything and everything! Thanks for both of you for helping thus far!

I've been reading the forum all day looking for a reason why none of my controllers are working within LE. Before I moved to LE, I was still on OpenElec and all of my controllers would work (it was an older version, still using Kodi 16). They would control the Kodi menu and work within RetroArch. Now none of my controllers will work!

LSUSBwill show this:

Bus 004 Device 003: ID 045e:0291 Microsoft Corp. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 045e:028f Microsoft Corp. Xbox360 Wireless Controller

But none of the buttons respond, at all. When I'm using the configure controller settings to map a controller, none of the buttons do anything. I read in one post that Kodi changed the way they handle inputs, but I'm also seeing several posts where people say they got it working, just no where am I finding out how, or if there's some setting I missed along the way.

The primary controller I'd like to use is a Wireless Xbox 360 controller with the USB dongle, but I do also have a PS3 controller, and a few Xbox One controllers, I really don't care which controller I can get to work, I just would like it to recognize any controller!

I really do appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and help!

I actually didn't know that happened. I guess I'm one of those kinda jerk people that only check the forum when something goes wrong.

Well thank you! What you guys do has changed my life! I spent almost a year stuck in bed due to a bone condition, and having this thing to play with and give me something to watch was amazing!

I know this is a huge long shot, but there were rumors going around that it was possible to somehow integrate the SteamOS system into Kodi. I have tried to setup a dual boot system with SteamOS and other versions of Kodi, but it just never worked. I'm wondering if here is anyway that an alternate version of LibreElec could be released that somehow integrates SteamOS into it? I am very sorry if I'm asking for something that's impossible, just a wishful hope I guess!

Thank you regardless for everything!

I'm a long time XMBC/Kodi user, started way back on the original Xbox days. When XMBC moved out of the Xbox era, I had no more use for my Xbox anymore, so I gutted it to make IR remotes. I've been using those remotes to this day! For a few years I've used OpenELEC to run Kodi but for some reason they decided to drop LIRC support on version 8 of their software. I actually discovered this website because I was looking for ways to make my remotes work. I eventually just decided to try this software out (your upgrade from OpenELEC feature was perfect!) and I've been loving it! I have 4 installs all using the original Xbox DVD dongle, so I really didn't want to have to buy 4 new remotes to stay current. LibreELEC literally saved my sanity!

The ONLY issue I've experienced is some of the screensavers that I used on OpenELEC 7.x no longer work, but I don't know if that's a LibreELEC thing or just a Kodi 17 thing. The screensavers that came with LibreELEC all work, as do all the screensavers that are located in the "Get More" link. But that's such a tiny issue that it doesn't matter!

I do have a question, I was reading that LibreELEC might come bundled with RetroPlayer or something equivalent starting in version 8, but haven't been able to find any actual news on the topic. I had RetroArch installed and working properly in OpenELEC, but I haven't tested it yet to see if it still works. Is there some sort of RetroPlayer built into the current version (8.2.2)?

Regardless, thank you everyone! And please don't drop LIRC support! :saint: