Posts by jaykass

I haven't fully tested yet but the install was smooth and booted without any issues I could see.

I've found my first issue that I believe is rooted in this build. I am getting an error in an addon that uses libssl. It appears that going from LibreELEC 8.0 to 8.2 there was a change from LibreSSL to OpenSSL.

The addon appears to take this into account but thinks that it is running on LibreELEC 8.0 instead of 8.2. I compared the contents of LibreELEC.tv/config/version from your repo and kszaq's repo. His is updated to reflect 8.2, your file still reflects 8.0/8.1. I think this is causing the mix-up with the addon.

kszaq version:

Code
    1. # VERSION: set full version, use "devel" for development version
    2. LIBREELEC_VERSION="devel"
    3. # OS_VERSION: OS Version
    4. OS_VERSION="8.2"
    5. # ADDON_VERSION: Addon version
    6. ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

niabi version:

Code
    1. # VERSION: set full version, use "devel" for development version
    2. LIBREELEC_VERSION="devel"
    3. # OS_VERSION: OS Version
    4. OS_VERSION="8.0"
    5. # ADDON_VERSION: Addon version
    6. ADDON_VERSION="8.1"

EDIT: After posting this, I played around with the version requirements of the addon (I changed the required version from 8.2 to 8.0), and then installed it manually from a zip file. It now functions OK but the root cause is definitely tied to your build not reflecting the updated version.

Don't know what's going on with that, no RPi here to test. You could update manually by writing the image to a USB, then copy over SYSTEM/KERNEL to your /flash.

I managed to get the 20170915 update to go through (on Pi 3) by using an earlier tar update file but inserting the updated files from the .img.gz file.

So...definitely something with the img.gz file or how it gets processed during update. This certainly seems like an upstream bug but I cannot find any forum postings about it anywhere. I even tried reviewing the busybox init script (which handles the updating) but could not find anything that I understood to be the root cause.

How annoying would it be for you to continue posting .tar files for the pi 2/3?

Trying to update from 20170823 to 20170826 on Rpi3.

I don't recall ever having an issue upgrading before but now when I copy LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel-20170826.img.gz to the .update folder I get the following:

I have downloaded the .img.gz file multiple times and tried to updated at least 4-5 times now.

I've done some searching but thus far haven't found anything relevant in this thread or on other libreelec forums.

minor issue:

I can get bluetooth controllers to connect but after powering them off and back on again, they will not auto reconnect (8bitdo SNES30 v4.0 firmware, Wii U Pro Controller, Gamestop brand analog controller). I have used other builds of LibreELEC (for my Pi 3 specifically the build by escalade) where these same controllers auto reconnected without issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I tried looking into it a bit last night but couldn't find any definite reason yet. Thought I'd reach out just in case someone already has solved this. I'll keep looking.

Well I am an idiot, it seems I forgot to re-add the service that creates the start.kodi file. I pushed a fix for that and fixed the release.

Sorry about that and thanks for helping me find these errors!

As for the audio this also happens to me on Kszaq's build, I assumed it was my box. not something that bothers me though as once you change it sticks.

Alright...looks like I am going to stick with the 1.6 upgrade now.

It now boots fully into Kodi without manual workaround.

One time audio work around is no big deal.

The dark GUI issue goes away after playing a video (same as kszaq's build).

I was skeptical about the comic theme for ES, but I must say that I ended up really liking it a lot.

Great job!

Fixed the release, please let me know if it works for you guys.

Having the same issue with your build that I did when I compiled myself.

When booting, it sticks at the Sx05RE logo. I did some troubleshooting and think I have narrowed down my issue to commit 67fcda1 (Readd condition to kodi.service).

I am commenting out lines in autostart.sh (per your instructions) so that Kodi starts on boot instead of emulationstation. This method worked in v1.5 but no longer works in v1.6 without executing the following:

Code
    1. touch /var/lock/start.kodi 
    2. systemctl start kodi

As a temp workaround I created a copy of kodi.service in /storage/.config/system.d/kodi.service (in effect overriding /usr/lib/system.d/system/kodi.service) with the following line commented out:

Code
    1. ConditionPathExists=/var/lock/start.kodi

With that line commented out, Kodi now starts at boot as it did in v1.5.

2 more things I noticed after resolving the above issue:

1) The default audio device is set to "ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), PCM" which only produces static when playing. I can change to HDMI and then audio is back to normal. So this is only a minor inconvenience at most though this same setting in v1.5 did not produce static audio.

2) The skin/interface is noticeably darker than before but video playback appears normal.

I am using a Nexbox A95X installed to internal memory.

jaykass

I tried to modify the SYSTEM image with xz parameters. It is now around 100mb less. So it would match the partition size. Unfortunately it is also not booting.

Could you forward your image maybe?

Wish I could but after updating, it wouldn't fully boot. I was able to revert successfully back to v1.5 though.

Strange as the only thing I changed was the dependency on one es theme. Maybe I accidentally did something else.

Edit: changed the es theme dependency and the partition size back to 512 (from 612).

niabi Indeed your SYSTEM image is too big. You might want to change compression method to gzip or xz, whichever fits 512MB.

Edit: I noticed that you changed the size some days ago. This is generally not a good idea, users cannot upgrade after size change. Using a different compression may help you keep the size below 512MB.

I was able to compile myself changing back to 512MB partition. I just removed one of the ES themes to get under 512MB without changing the compression.

Did you remove sonarr? It's no longer starting for me and I no longer see /storage/.config/system.d/sonarr.service or /opt/sonarr

It's quite easy and can be learned by looking at other addons. As for the libncurses issue, it's not looking for the system library but for the one in your LibreELEC toolchain (provided by packages/devel/netbsd-curses). Compiles fine on Arch Linux, which is what I use.

I can confirm that it does not build correctly on ubuntu but after I created an Arch Linux VM, I was able to build without encountering the same issue. Strange but somehow tied to Ubuntu.

escalade : I seem to be unable to compile uae4arm.

For anyone interested while escalade is on vacation, I rebased all of his changes on the most recent LibreELEC Beta 7.95.2 and compiled for RPi2. I just couldn't wait for his return to get Kodi 17 final and recent LE changes. The only thing that is missing is uae4arm since it will not compile for me.

I am only providing the RPi2 version as that is what I compiled (sorry Intel users). Please take caution as I am still in the learning phases on building/compiling.

For those interested, here you go:
    Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files