Posts by nings

RPi2/3 was good for 1080p and h264 but I can trash them in a short time because not support h265 hw decoding and 4k/HDR.
    I want something capable of hw decode H265 and support 4k/HDR. LePotato seem the best/cheaper device for this usage no ? :)

If you speak about my problem of pvr on the rpi3, it's not the plugin or sdcard but only the wireless. No 5ghz embedded on the rpi3 and too far from the AP so it's almost good but a little too slow. Sound cut some ms each 10/15s. Buffering is the best thing even for good connection/storage, the movie is delayed from some seconds but solve all I/O problems (storage or link without put QoS on your shared link).

Thank you for your reply but I just not understand...

A cache is a cache, the link should not change anything... caching 2/3sec of steam inside the memory by LAN or WAN should work. You just lost 2/3sec when you start the movie. The movie is good but sound cut sometime not a main issue but a small cache can solve this problem.

And this cache work over LAN with PVR on older Kodi version... I should go back to older Kodi version ?

Hello,

Kodi17 have removed "<minvideocachelevel> and <minaudiocachelevel> have been removed in v17."
    How do you cache PVR stream with Kodi17 when you have low bandwidth with wireless ?

These parameters not working with PVR client "<memorysize>, <buffermode> and <readfactor>".
    Return to kodi16 or there are another parameters ?

Thank you for your help