Posts by embrion

No.

Passthrough works if 'sync playback to display' is disabled.

Checked on my S912

I've referred to "Last post on the above suggests turning off hardware acceleration. I'll try that later."

As mentioned before, I have "sync playback to display" disabled. It is disabled by default and I've double checked. I don't have such issue on any other device so this makes me think that maybe H96 Pro+ or at least some batches have it incorrect in hardware/firmware?

For audio passthrough you have to disable Settings->Player->Videos->Sync playback to display.

If you enable this option all multichanel audio is decoded to Multichannel PCM. SPDIF is capable only stereo PCM.

Thx, but it is disabled by default and was disabled on all devices I've tested it on. Is it possible that it's that specific box model issue?

Hi, have you managed to fix that? I also have H96 Pro+ (S912) and passthrough doesn't work for me when connected via TV HDMI and then AVR (ARC everywhere). I've tested Chromebox, Wetek Core and ATV 4K and all worked fine with same settings. Is it issue with unofficial build or the box itself?

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask owners of Mecool KI PRO how well it works for them. Is is stable? No overheating problems? I'm especially interested in opinions about state of HDMI-CEC. I'd like to use Samsung TV remote and send commands via CEC as I do it now to Chromebox with LibreElec. Thanks

Basically my question is what triggers resolution change? When you have 16:9 video, then it is 1920x1080 so can be detected without any problem. When you have 21:9 video, sometimes encodes are also 1920x1080 (just with black bars on the top and bottom of each frame, not croped) [no problem with that] and sometimes they are croped so 21:9 will be 1920x~822. My question is will it re-add those black bars to have full 1920x1080 and automatically switch resolution to 1920x1080 as well? It worked like that one Chromebox and Wetek Core.

Short version: will 1920x822 (21:9 movie format) also trigger resolution change?

I didn't study IT. :(

I've checked, it's not you :D

In my builds S905 supports PAL, NTSC, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 4K with various frame rates.

S912 supports 1080p and 4K with various frame rates.

Thank you. What about material with black bars removed? Some content is not ideal 1920x1080, but 1920x(less than 1080) as black bars are sometimes cropped. Anyone? kszaq ? wrxtasy ?

Hi Guys,

Long time XBMC/Kodi/*Elec user here.
    I'm choosing between S905D (with 1Gbit Eth) and S912 box. Any reason I whould choose S912 over S905D? Specs wise they seem to be the same except for GPU/3D graphics performance higher for S912 but I don't care about it as I believe this doesn't impct LibreElec performance.

S905D belongs to the S900 family and all needed drivers/modules were released unlike S912, right? Should it perform better/be more stable compared to S912?

Also, S905D should use custom fork by Kszaq or official build?

Anyone with Mecool KI PRO to share experience how well and stable it does work?

Btw, Kszaq, are you maybe from Poland? :)

Thx!