Posts by wizardknight

I am seeing some odd behavior on my Rock64 when pausing videos for a long period of time.

Frequently I will pause a video and leave it that way for hours.

After I installed the last test release videos which have been paused for a long time will resume and continue to play.

However when they are stopped, the system will stop outputting video rather than returning to the Kodi GUI.

I can access it remotely, so it has not completely crashed.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior, or do I need to try reloading my image again?

I am having a minor issue with my Rock64, and I was hoping that someone could make a suggestion or confirm that they are seeing the same behavior.

I have my screensaver set to turn off the display after 5min. This is nice as it prevents power waste and screen burn if I am distracted and leave the room.

When the system is not playing media it seems to work as expected and turns off the TV.

If I pause a video playing the system will sometimes turn off the TV, and sometimes blank the video and just display the time counter.

It seems to be about 1/3 TV off vs 2/3 blanking the video during pause at a rough guess.. I have not looked for a frequency or other types of patterns yet.

This is a clean install using the last test build and update file.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or see similar behavior. I can capture some pictures of the blanked screen with the video time if that helps. Just let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

Otherwise the system is working well, and I can't report any other issues which have not been reported previously.

Thanks for making this. :)

Generally speaking the last update is a big step in the right direction. It resolved an issue where several videos with AAC 2.1+ audio had a failure to play. I am generally seeing where the video will freeze after skipping ahead about 1/3 of the time. Moving the position slightly forward will unfreeze it, so it is a minor issue. On a rock64 BTW.

Loving the HDR. :)

Multi-channel audio support is incomplete. At the current time the only audio we expect to work is 2-channel stereo.

Ah. That would explain it.

Something to look forward to.

Is multi-channel audio high on your priority list, or do you have many other issues ahead of it?

Not asking for a date. Just curious where it stands.

Overall great work. It is more stable than the last Raybuntu test build I moved from.

Kwiboo

I may have found an audio bug.

I have a rock64 with the latest test build, and a clean install.

If I set the audio to 2.1 in the settings and play any movie file with a 5.1 or 7.1 audio channel I get no sound and only about 5-10 seconds of video motion. The timer keeps counting, but there is no movement in the video. A video with 2.0 audio channels plays back fine.

If I set the audio back to 2.0 I see the expected behavior for all video types.

I am outputting my audio via HDMI to my tv.

Oh, and if anyone else is using an MCE type remote, they are not enabled by default on this build.

Stick my script in your backup folder, and run it to fix this minor annoyance.

The script will create two files and enable the basic button functions for you. A reboot is necessary.

Of course if it turns your system into Skynet or deletes all your data I take no responsibility.

cozmo. I have a rock64 2gb board and a 55" 4K TCL TV.

I use CEC with my TV on the latest test release. I did notice that it didn't take effect until after I rebooted. Also it does not work within a few seconds of the system going to sleep. However if I waited a little bit, the TV would turn on.

I have not noticed any USB keyboard issues.

I have not seen issues with hanging videos when skipping.

My 4K HDR videos seem to play fine. I had to force the TV to HDMI 2.0 for the HDR to work however.

I also see the green flickering horizontal lines previously reported in the GUI when it is running at 4K res.

You might try this fix someone reported with similar issues.

Physical keyboard unresponsive after upgrade

Does anyone know how to remap the browser backward buttons on a Logitech mouse?

I used to be able to use them to go to the previous menu. Now they do not function at all.

I had seen a fix about this on a older kodi 15->16 upgrade, but for the life of me I can't find that post anymore.

The gui keymap utility does not work for me on these mouse buttons.

For reference, these thumb buttons.

logitech_m510_front.jpg'''

I finally pieced together enough of the mouse keymap to get a working back button.

Here it is if anyone else wants to try.

You might need to try numbers 5-9 for the click id depending on your mouse, and some people might prefer

This would have been so much easier if the Kodi mouse keymap Wiki had something other than "Further action required"

Code
    <keymap>
    <global>
    <mouse>
    <click id="6">Back</click>
    </mouse>
    </global>
    </keymap>

@trex_daemon

I had seen where 4K media would not play sound out via HDMI to TV, and the TV redirected it to my sound bar over the 3.5mm jack. But as soon as I switched back to 1080p I had no issues (that was v21 however).

@GDPR-1

I am trying to upgrade from 21 to 24 on my Rock64. I put the tar I downloaded into the Update folder, rebooted.

The system stayed at 21, and the tar file was deleted. No upgrade. :(

I should be able to go from 21 to 24 without the intermediary upgrades, correct?

I have not started digging into it, but I figured this would be a good thing to double check first.

GDPR-1

The D pad on the remote works fine, so I don't think eventlircd is having issues.

First I copied the keymap:

Code
    cp /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

Second I edited it.

I fixed the play/pause button, OK, and back.

Here is my keymap if anyone wants to use it rather than reinventing the wheel.

Just put it in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/ or \\LIBREELEC\Configfiles\rc_keymaps if you have samba running.

It has all the basics working. Volume, mute, D-pad, OK, back, zombie release, play/pause, fast forward, reverse.

GDPR-1

I was just wondering if the ok button on your remote worked. I get no response when I press it.

I found this error in the kodi log file when I press OK:

Code
    CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(352)

But if I drop out of kodi, and look at the ir-keytable test I see:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # ir-keytable -s rc1 -t
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    1514244056.683666: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x800f0422
    1514244056.683666: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_down: KEY_OK(0x0160)
    1514244056.683666: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
    1514244056.841609: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x800f0422
    1514244056.841609: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
    1514244057.091590: event type EV_KEY(0x01) key_up: KEY_OK(0x0160)
    1514244057.091590: event type EV_SYN(0x0

Update:

Looks like this might need to be updated at the code level.

I found this git where they did it for the wii mote with a similar issue.

Add mapping codes for the wiimote by tirithen · Pull Request #13139 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Would you consider adding these three keycodes?

It would give the remote a lot of functionality.

+ { 352 , XBMCK_RETURN }, // OK

+ { 226, XBMCK_HOME }, // Home (windows button)

+ { 174, XBMCK_ESCAPE }, // Back

Resolved.

I am not sure how, but I can redirect to my external hd now.

The command is the same as the one I first tried.

Code
    rsync -rav --modify-window=300 --homan-readable --progress  --stats --force --delete /var/media/8TB_WD/ /var/media/8TB_WD2/ > /var/media/8TB_WD2/synclog.txt

I guess I was not biting my tongue just right.

Now to stick it in cron and see if it plays nice there...

wizardknight please have look here infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

Disable lirc and create a

/storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Code
    * * rc6-mce

You can also test the multi keytable

Code
    *       rc-rc6-mce               libreelec_multi

I have been working from that wiki. I linked to it in my first post asking for ideas on getting the IR remote to work.

I have not been able to disable lirc as far as I can tell.

I should be able to disable it in LibreELEC Settings → Services and reboot.

It was already disabled. I tried enabling it, rebooting, disabling it, rebooting again. No change.

Lirc still shows as the enabled protocol when I issue the ir-keytable command.

I created the file and added the code you listed, and rebooted.

I also tried variations such as: using RC1 rather than RC, calling the driver by name rather than an *.

ir-keytable does not show any change. It also does not load RC6 protocol upon reboot.

I can do

Code
    ir-keytable -c -s rc1 -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/hp_mce

That will add RC6 to the ir-keytable, but I get no responses when I test using keytable -s rc1 -t

I suspect it is because I haven't found a way to get rid of the lirc protocol

If I kill kodi and eventlircd, then I can get test data from keytable -s rc1 -t after enabling RC6 protocal, but I can't get that to show while kodi is running.

I have made a little more progress on getting a remote to work.

If I kill everything, and setup RC1 to catch RC-6, I can get real scan codes from the remote.

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop eventlircd

ir-keytable -p rc-6 -s rc1 -t
    Protocols changed to rc-6
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    1514012903.765030: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x800f0421
    1514012903.765030: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
    1514012903.924995: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x800f0421
    1514012903.924995: event type EV_SYN(0x00).

Looking around the forums it was suggested that lirc might be blocking the codes, and that I should disable it in LibreELEC Settings → Services and reboot.

It was already disabled. I tried enabling it, rebooting, disabling it, rebooting again. No change.

Getting closer.