Posts by wizardknight

I have found 1 issue I think.

Looks like there are two 'receivers'

rc0 and rc1.

I have updated my keytable command to include the -s option, and got RC-6 enabled I think.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -c -s rc1 -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/hp_mce
    Read hp_mce table
    Old keytable cleared
    Wrote 64 keycode(s) to driver
    Protocols changed to rc-6

However when I run the test, I get no response/data.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p rc-6 -s rc1 -t
    Protocols changed to rc-6
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

wizardknight I'm not sure the IR sensor is completly supported yet. However I have the same remote so I can play a little bit with it. It should work out of the box with lirc if IR sensor is supported.

Thank you. I would be grateful for any tips you can give me.

The sensor is reporting raw data. The IR driver seems to be running. It looks like it supports RC-6. It looks like RC-6 just can't be enabled.

Let me know if I am just being dense and missing something obvious please. :)

First thank you for making this. I love being able to have Kodi on my Rock64.

I have everything up and working well for watching my media, but I wanted to get an IR remote online.

z556_remote.jpg

I am not a complete noob, and I have been trying to follow the wiki.

infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

Still I can't seem to get the IR receiver to use RC-6.

First I tried using the existing HP keymap

Code
    LibreELEC:/usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps # ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/hp_mce
    Read hp_mce table
    Old keytable cleared
    Wrote 64 keycode(s) to driver
    Invalid protocols selected
    Couldn't change the IR protocols

ir-keytable does show a receiver with rc-6 protocols, and I am trying to use the HP MCE remote which is an rc-6 device.

I tried running mode2 to see if the IR was getting any info from the remote, and I did see raw data when I did that.

I think I just need to enable rc-6, but the command I am trying doesn't seem to work.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p rc-6 -t
    Invalid protocols selected
    Couldn't change the IR protocols
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

Can anyone give me an suggestion for what I need to do to have a remote working?