Posts by flyingernst

Hi

Do you have to "root" the box first before you can ssh/putty to it? what's the password (for root?) to login via ssh?

Does CEC work? i.e. can the volume buttons on the remote change the TV volume?

the ssh commands I use to the first time booted LibreElec on the SD root/libreelec for login. Before you have to make the basic configuration (the guided) and activate ssh. CEC works inside Libreelec and Android.

One Thing I never got working inside android: automatic frame sync. Not for Youtube, nor Netflix nor Kodi (offical stable releases)

I have M8S Pro L (s912) 3/32. Internal: Nexus Stock TV Rom, On SD: LE 8.9.11a with use of internal storage. It works perfekt, no stutter at all.

used codes for internal storage via putty:

Code
    e2label /dev/mmcblk1p2 "SD_SPEICHER"
    e2label /dev/data "STORAGE"
    reboot

keyboard.xml

Code
    <keymap>
      <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
         <a>AudioNextLanguage</a>
        </keyboard>
      </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <cache>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
            <readfactor>10</readfactor>
        </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

remote.conf

For a Friend I setup M8S Pro Plus with 905x the same way (but with original android rom and LibreElec 8.2.2.xxx something), works perfectly too. It is cheap and there is no need for flashing, so you can use that Player too. Internal storage has another name, see @ guide

no, no need at all anymore since I made the buffersettings. Just gave it a try since I have a Chuwi Hi10 Pro Pad with very slow WLAn. There it goes to continuesly 38-40mb/sec. An my PC the adapter stays between 70-100mb/sec. (Internal from PC makes full 113mb/sec to my NAS). So the adapter is not limiting, it is the s912

I gave it a try to ASIX AX 88179 "UGREEN USB Netzwerkadapter USB 3.0 auf RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Netzwerkadapter 10/100/1000Mbps für Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista,Mac OS 10.6 und so weiter,Linux, Chrome OS Schwarz"

When I copy files from windows 10 to s912 (internal or SD card, same behavior) it shows 38mb/sec for perhaps 5-10 seconds. After that it goes down to 10mb/sec. I have to test on another hardware to check if the limit comes from the adapter or the s912 hardware. The CPU load of s912 is very low all the time, temps are low to (fealed by hand, since 11.a doesnt show temps)

I have a question. Is 3D/MVC (framepacking) something that should or could work?! Thanks

Further Question: Should autoframe work on Android (several Roms I tested) if activated in the configuration? Netflix app always stays at 60Hz even with 24fps video files

Well it is right that this devices do no HDR to SDR conversion....but I didnt expect, nobody tells it should. The start threat of all LE Versions do note that there is no HDR support (whether passthrough nor conversion). It just says that passthrough MAY work.

So I think it shows a bit a lag of respect to talk about that FREEware and its programmers in that way.

Hi,

I am getting nuts while trying to get android installed back to my M8S Pro L. I have thousends of firmware versions downloaded. I copied with sd burning tool to SD, I entered "reboot recovery", but nothing happened. It stops on the "mecool" screen without doing anything. What can I do?! The player has no recovery button. Once I found an forum entry which described the M8S Pro L had a remote butten which initiates the update from SD if you name the uupdatefile "update.zip" but I dont find this entry any more.

When I use the SD card burning tool it makes 2 partitions. The first is empty, the second with datas. Is that right, should it be like that?!

Please help, Thanks

PS: I dont have a USB cabel with both sides the same end, so I cant use USB burning tool

Hi,

I am getting nuts while trying to get android installed back to my M8S Pro L. I have thousends of firmware versions downloaded. I copied with sd burning tool to SD, I entered "reboot recovery", but nothing happened. It stops on the "mecool" screen without doing anything. What can I do?! The player has no recovery button. Once I found an forum entry which described the M8S Pro L had a remote butten which initiates the update from SD if you name the uupdatefile "update.zip" but I dont find this entry any more.

Please help, Thanks

PS: I dont have a USB cabel with both sides the same end, so I cant use USB burning tool

edit: sorry, wrong threat