Posts by Pelican

jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv on my NEXBOX ultra cheap box. Note: the media must be local as the ethernet will not keep up.

That's interesting.
    I can play perfectly only the jellyfish-30-mpbs-hevc.mkv and jellyfish-110-mbps-h264.mkv but not the higher bandwidth files without stuttering.
    I play the files from USB HDD (WD 2TB).
    What could be the reason?

7.0.2.003 Work-in-progress build 003

Commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 7.0.2.002...7.0.2.003 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 224b4bc...9ed7c5b · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• kernel video decoder (amports) updated to 2016-05-04 Amlogic release for improved HEVC playback and better memory management
    • 4K HEVC playback parameters tweaked to minimize out of memory issues - most of my 4K HEVC samples play fine now!
    • added 4K output patch from wrxtasy - this should fix 4K output (not tested!)
    • tweaked SquashFS kernel options for improved boot time
    • added HPD disable patch (based on Odroid-C2) to fix a boot issue when TV is turned off
    • further small adjustments in Broadcom WiFi driver to improve performance a little bit and fix some suspend issues (not fully fixed yet!)
    • added Bluetooth Audio fix thanks to @dcervi
    • minor improvements in build tree (see GitHub changelog)

Tested 4k output and it worked. (It was only the bottom left quarter in the 002 version).
    CEC works fine.
    Issues:
    No PCM multichannel PT.
    No AAC multichannel PT, even Kodi freezes and restarts if I try to play one.
    No DD+ PT
    H264 plays fine until 90-100 Mbps some sample video like Taipei fireworks 100Mbps stops frequently
    HEVC and HEVC 10 bit plays very badly (stops every 2seconds)