Posts by clarkss12

I gave up on trying to get my Windows 10 computer to be recognized by Kodi running under LibreELEC or CoreELEC, so I connected my HDD to my Asus router that has a native USB3 port. Now everything JUST works. Of course Linux does not suffer from any of the Windows issues, IT JUST work.

Got tired of jumping through hoops just to get an external HDD connected a Windows computer, to be recognized by Kodi.

Klojum, I ran into exactly what you are saying a few days ago, Windows is horrible for sharing the network. I have always used a NAS for my storage and LibreELEC NEVER had an issue finding my files. However, I purchased a separate powered external HDD, to store some media files, and attached it to one of my Windows 10 microPCs, then the fun began. I ended up attaching my HDD to my Asus router, which has a gigabit connection.

But, as you stated, Linux does NOT have those issues........... Linux SEES everything on the network.

My question was answered on Freaktab? I am asking questions here. Thank You

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've just bought a Mecool M8S Pro + and would like to 'dual boot' it to LibreElec. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Thanks in anticipation.?(

Will this help?? The process the process will be the same, you just have to get the correct device tree for your device. Of course there are other methods also.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Against my better judgement, I purchased this SCISHION AI ONE on an impulse buy. After being burned several times by these Rockchip boxes ( I have had several of them) I swore I would NEVER purchase another Rockchip device. Anyway, after I received it, my apprehension was confirmed, it is JUNK. Fortunately, the vendor and I came to a mutual agreement on the disposition of this horrid device. So, I have a useless device and figured I would do some tinkering.

Tried a couple of Rockchip LibreELEC firmware's found here, but they would not work. Finally found this "LibreELEC-ROCK64.aarch64-8.2-devel-20171004193222-r26173-gd404dbb.img" and it worked. The WiFi or Ethernet did not work, but I used an old USB 2 Ethernet adapter that I had laying around and it worked out of the box. This LibreELEC version is Rock64 aarch64 >> devel20171004193222~.

The audio is stereo only, not passthrough at all. The video works, but is a little choppy, usable but not great. This is tested by using my BlueRay rip of Avatar. The DVD rips WILL play with Dolby Digital, but video is still jerky.

Media info for the BlueRay rip of Avatar.

Video codecs

omplete name : \\DS216\Video\BlueRay_Movies\Action\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv

Format : Matroska

Format version : Version 2

File size : 39.7 GiB

Duration : 2 h 41 min

Overall bit rate : 35.2 Mb/s

Movie name : Avatar

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : [email protected]

Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames

Format settings, CABAC : Yes

Format settings, RefFrames : 2 frames

Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24

Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Language : English

Audio codec

Audio #1

ID : 2

Format : DTS

Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems

Format profile : MA / Core

Codec ID : A_DTS

Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant

Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 kb/s

Channel(s) : 6 channels

Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)

Bit depth : 24 bits

Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy

Delay relative to video : 2 ms

Title : Surround 5.1

Default : Yes

Forced : No

Audio #2

ID : 3

Format : DTS

Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems

Codec ID : A_DTS

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s

Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)

Bit depth : 24 bits

Compression mode : Lossy

Delay relative to video : 2 ms

Stream size : 1.70 GiB (4%)

Default : No

Audio #3

ID : 4

Format : AC-3

Format/Info : Audio Coding 3

Codec ID : A_AC3

Bit rate : 224 kb/s

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)

Bit depth : 16 bits

Delay relative to video : 23 ms

Stream size : 259 MiB (1%)

Title : Stereo

Service kind : Complete Main

Audio #4

ID : 5

Format : AC-3

Format/Info : Audio Coding 3

Codec ID : A_AC3

Bit rate : 448 kb/s

Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)

Bit depth : 16 bits

Delay relative to video : 23 ms

Stream size : 518 MiB (1%)

Service kind : Complete Main

Now I have downloaded this file and will test it. "LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-nightly-20180624-7eb9981-box"

thanks for the update - I should probably add a delete cache option in the settings to handle this kind of error.

Unfortunately due to other work - I haven't really worked on this project for some time...but it seems to be working for most people...so I guess there's no fires to put out. :)

Working great for me, Edit4ever. Been using it for a very long time, just set it and forget it.....

You bet but afraid to wait for another two weeks or longer to get a replacement. Really a bad downside of buying cheap Chinese stuff for someone spoiled by Prime.

This is the M/N of my Mecool M8S Pro L box PS. YZDZ15-0502000. Should be the same model number as your PS. If so, this link gives you the size of the connector.

Since you are purchasing a different PS, you may want to go for a 5 volt 3 amp if it has the same connector.

Replacement for 5V 2A Switching Power Supply YZDZ15-0502000 4 Android TV Box | eBay

I mean set it to standby... why leave it running, it consumes power and probably components wear off...

The power consumption is minimal for these low powered boxes. I do turn off my desktop computer when not in use, because it does draw a lot of power, but more importantly, all those fans running sucks all the dust into the computer.

Years, ago, the theory was that powering off and on did more damage to electronics than leaving them powered on.

Managed to install on my MXQ Pro 4K box to internal storage :) (happy!)...

Just out of curiosity, since the remote turning on doesn't work, what do the people generally do for turning the boxes on/off? I can turn it off with the remote but not turn it on, then I have to take out the power cord and plu it back in which is a tad impractical....

Thanx!

Why turn it off?

Guys sorry to bring up such an old topic, but i bought one of these of ebay, ended up with something that is definatly fake, it doesnt even show up in the bluetooth settings, ive been holding home and back, just wanted to know if thats the correct procdure

also to those who ordered this one:

Original Xiaomi Mi TV Box Bluetooth Remote Control 2 10 m 360 Degree Smart Remote Controller For Xiaomi TV,TV Box 3 3c 3s 3pro-in Smart Remote Control from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

is it a legit one like the images or a fake one? and did it work as i might order from there

thanks

The is the correct remote. You are using the wrong buttons to pair. Use the two outside buttons, the home and *info* (three horizontal lines) buttons....... Hold for about 5 seconds while close to your box, then release. You may have to do it couple of times.

For those that would like to see what this Plex Home Theater port looks like, and how to install it, I made a video. And a HUGE thanks to Veisen for creating this port. Awesome media player for such a low powered, inexpensive device.