Posts by clarkss12

Perhaps this ROM you are using may be missing files for sd initialization.

Or it may have been replaced by other files for installing TWRP, so any SD inserted will recognize the system as TWRP.

Maybe if the only way is to go back to the official rom.

How to Install Stock Firmware on Beelink GT-King TV Box [Android 9.0]

I know it is not accepted to mention CE on this thread, but When I popped in the micorSD card containing CE, it loaded that OS right away.......

I guess for testing purposes, I could install the stock firmware, only takes a few minutes..........

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a GT King and trying to get this LibreELEC image to work.

First, I downloaded this ROM > LibreELEC-AML.arm-9.80-devel-20200117090715-6e9040d-amlg12.img.gz.

2. Created a bootable disk from this ROM using the "Etcher" app.

3. Changed the "uEnv.txt" to look like this >>

FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-gtking.dtb

LINUX=/KERNEL

APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

4. Then I copied this > meson-g12b-gtking.dtb to the root of the SD card and renamed it to "dtb.img".

5 Inserted the SD card into my "King" box, depressed the "reset" button and held it for about 15 to 20 seconds after I restored the power plug.

Nothing happened. Next I removed the "img.dtb" from the root of the SD card and tried again, still would not boot.

To be noted a couple of weeks ago, I tried the same thing, and it worked straight away, but the colors were off so you could not see what was on the screen........

Thanks for help. And always, a special thanks for Balbes150.

You need to add the u-boot.ext file to the SD card, then we chainload modern u-boot and avoid the weird colours that appear with Amlogic u-boot. Oleg has the file on his yandex drive. Don't expect all the video stuff to be working in the image .. because Olegs images appear to be based on my work in progress Linux 5.5 bump (which is work in progress, not complete).

Thanks, will try.

I created a bootable microSD card using Etcher, with this firmware >> LibreELEC-AML.arm-9.80-devel-20200107153635-6e9040d-amlg12.img.gz. I had been using CoreELEC on my Beelink GT King Pro, so I wanted to test this port.........

Used this meson-g12b-gtking.dtb device tree. Used the paper clip to depress the reset button under the hole in the boxes housing...... The LibreELEC OS installed, but not useable at this time. The whole screen is light blue with the writing just a shade darker.........

My King Pro serial number is 922 HHQ

Any advice?

Seems you didn't read forum good enough. No one is abandoning those "old" boxes. But from what I read they just works so there is no much development like with N2 which is new device.

Perhaps I am lacking in reading comprehension. Here is a clip-it of the statement I made earlier that you are quoting " But THEY are starting to take an attitude with anyone that wants to purchase a cheap Chinese box with the new Amlogic S922 SoC. They are implying that if you don't purchase the Odroid N2 (which they received FREE), they won't support those boxes." From my reading on the CoreELEC forum, I got the impression, that they WILL NOT support any of those new CHEAP CHINESE BOXES with the new Amlogic S922 SoC's.

Hopefully, I will be receiving one of the new ** Beelink GT-K (King) Amlogic S922X Quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 and dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 ** boxes, and it should have an UNLOCKED bootloader. However, from my reading, NO one will be supporting that device from either LibreELEC OR CoreELEC.

Please correct me if I am wrong.....

Exactly my point. Time to move on.

I am a dumb ex-LibreELEC user, who migrated to CoreELEC because of the impression that LibreELEC was kicking us people with these "cheap Chinese boxes" to the curb, whereas the CoreELEC folks welcomed us to their fold. I started several years ago, with OpenELEC Android port by Kszaq. I followed him to this forum and have used LibreELEC for quite awhile, but got the impression we users of these "cheap Chinese Android boxes" were not welcome anymore.

The comments from your member "chewitt", always irritated me, even though they were never directed toward me. His negative, aggressive, attitude toward others, really got under my skin.

I don't know why, but I still read this forum daily, mostly for post from Bables150. I also read the CoreELEC forum, but not much there. But THEY are starting to take an attitude with anyone that wants to purchase a cheap Chinese box with the new Amlogic S922 SoC. They are implying that if you don't purchase the Odroid N2 (which they received FREE), they won't support those boxes. In my humble opinion, that will be a terrible mistake, same as LibreELEC made.

Today's boxes are getting to the point of not needing LibreELEC OR CoreELEC. The Nvidia Shield can do just about everything these ports can do, except 10 times more. I have already retired some of my OpenELEC, LibreELEC AND CoreELEC cheap Chinese boxes.

This is just my 2 cents.

I can read fine, maybe you should learn some humility rather than being arrogant and hostile with users.

Balbes150 has created numerous projects, that have breathed new life into a lot of older AND newer Chinese Android boxes. I run Linux and LibreELEC on different boxes that he gave support to. Without his endeavors and genius, most of my "cheap" boxes would be in the trash bin, instead they are very useful, now that Balbes has created OS's for them..

One of the files that I uploaded is the LibreELEC tar file. You can burn that tar file to a microSD card using either Etcher, or Rufus. Inset the card, and depress the reset button with a paper clip as you apply power to your device. Been two or three years since I used that stick, so my instructions may be missing some items..........

Perhaps others on here can give you better instructions.........

Here is my video that I made almost 4 years ago about this stick running OpenELEC, I believe... I am not sure if I just used the TAR file to upgrade to LibreELEC, or I did a clean install.

YouTube

Which OS is better and works without problems?

I would like to try OpenELEC or LibreELEC.

I want OS to boot from SD or USB.

Which version of android do you have?

That would depend upon your usage. My stick has been retired for two or three years, I don't even remember what OS it is running. I used it mainly as my Tvheadend DVR server, not even connected to a TV.

I will post all the files that I show in that pic, and you can try each one.

Which OS is better and works without problems?

I would like to try OpenELEC or LibreELEC.

I want OS to boot from SD or USB.

Which version of android do you have?