Posts by racko

speaker-test -t sine -c 2 -r 44100 -F S24_3LE -b 200000 -p 50000 -D iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0

Hi Hias, can I run something similar under RPiOS but with 96kHz/24-bit, to check if it's working?

I wasn't able to solve this problem, I have issues using Volumio. I can only stream 44.1/16, I get an error message when I try streaming 96/24. I tried also to stream a mp3 and I received the same error, very strange. FLAC, WAV and ALAC 44.1/16 are working also.

I tried MoOde as well, the same problem as with Volumio. I just don't get it... :(

Installed on RPi4 and I'm using an external USB DAC which accepts 96kHz/24-bit maximum sample rate.

Using DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF output (Fixed, Optimized or Best match) I don't have sound at all.

Using DigiHug USB Audio Analog output I have sound but everything is resampled at 48KHz with "Best match"output configuration.

I have tried with 44.1/16, 88.2/24 and 96/24 audio files.

With LibreELEC 9.2.6 I have sound on "DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF" but resampled at 48kHz, the same way as with "DigiHug USB Audio Analog" (tested with audio tracks at 44.1/16 and 96/24).

Here is the log: http://ix.io/2WXq

I also ran the speaker-test, no success:

So, on LE 9.2.6 DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF is working but the problem is that all audio files are resampled at 48kHz with "Best Match" output option.

Hi Hias,

I installed LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-nightly-20210422-a72cc4b.img.gz but unfortunately there is no change, the situation is exactly the same. No sound over DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF, only with DigiHug USB Audio Analog where everything is resampled at 48kHz.

I ran the speaker-test as you said, no success:

Just installed Raspberry Pi OS on RPi4 and I have sound output over DigiHug USB Audio with both Analog Stereo Output and Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output device profile. The DAC is showing the right sampling rate 44.1kHz in both cases.

I will check the USB firmware on LibreELEC but I have to write LE on the SD card again. :)

USB Audio Analog: The DAC only offers 48kHz on RPi3B+ and RPi4B, so the driver generally works fine.

USB Audio S/PDIF: The DAC offers 96kHz at max. on RPi3B+ and RPi4B, so you should limit the sampling rate to 96kHz, not 192kHz.

Make sure you have your DAC attached to a blue USB port, because that ensures max. data rate.

RPi3 is working just fine with 192kHz sampling rate limit. I tried anyway with 96kHz limit on RPi4, no change.

The problem is that I don't have sound at all (not even GUI sounds) on RPi4 through USB Audio S/PDIF, with identical settings with RPi3. So it's not about the sampling rate limit. And on RPi4 the DAC is displaying 48kHz instead of 44.1kHz right after the boot, when nothing is playing - which is not normal.

I attached the DAC to both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 on my RPi4, no sound. And USB 2.0 is anyway sufficient for data rate even for 192kHz/24-bit audio files. As I said, my RPi3 is working perfect up to 192/24 and it has only USB 2.0.

You DAC advertises the following

Which tells me that the Analog device only supports 48kHz. The iec958 (spdif) supports up to 96kHz. So someone is lying :)

My mistake, sorry, I was a bit tired ... :sick: This is what I have:

Both RPi3 and RPi4:

- Output configuration - Best match

- Limit sampling rate - 192kHz

Outcome (I underlined the differences):

RPi3

1. DigiHug USB Audio Analog: everything is resampled at 48kHz. After boot, without playing anything, the DAC shows 48kHz.

2. Digi USB Audio S/PDIF: everything OK, 44.1kHz and 96kHz are passed away without resampling. After boot, without playing anything, the DAC shows 44.1kHz).

RPi4:

1. DigiHug USB Audio Analog: everything is resampled at 48kHz. After boot, without playing anything, the DAC shows 48kHz.

2. Digi USB Audio S/PDIF: no sound at all. After boot, without playing anything, the DAC shows 48kHz.

The DAC only offers 48kHz (device 5), so it could be a driver problem.

I bet on your RPi3B+ the DAC offers more sampling rates. Can you check this please?

Attached are the logs of RPi3 and RPi4, both with same settings below:

- DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF

- Output configuration - Best match

- Limit sampling rate - 192kHz

To summarize:

- DigiHug USB Audio Analog: both RPi3 and RPi4 are resampling everything at 48kHz (probably that is how it is supposed to be)

- DigiHug USB Audio S/PDIF: RPi3 is working as it should and the DAC is displaying 44.1kHz at boot. RPi4 has no audio output at all (not even GUI sounds) and the DAC is displaying 48kHz at boot.

Thanks for help!