Posts by pila

[quote='dbuvid','https://207.154.221.202/thread/?postID=11580#post11580']
    I am seeing weird red/green artifacts in the Kodi interface and during video playback.

I have had the exact same issue with an RP2. Problem is the same when using LE, OE and even when I tried installing Ubuntu MATE. Problem appears even on a text screen immediatelly as pic shows on a HDMI monitor. So, it is not OS related and even less Kodi related.

I swapped HDMI cables and power supplies, memory cards around. My four other RPis (2 and 3) have no problem with any cables or HDMI ports.... So, it is not Power supply or HDMI cable or HDMI port nor memory card related.

I was sort of afraid to experiment too much, as I fear something else might get burend due to that problem. Only think that just occured me is to try out the analog output, but this would not exactly be a soution, even if it works.

I concluded a problem is with the RPi and claimed a warranty.

Im looking for a way to record/dump an RTSP stream. I have 2 IP camera where the output is in the form of a RTSP stream.

IP cameras is a functionality which really should today be a part of the Kodi, including alarm / motion detect recording and popping up the picture in the screen corner and multiple live cam view. Could be part of Tvheadend backend, too.

There are different functionalities regarding IP cameras. Depending on desired, one of the following might be of use.

1. IPCamera direct alarm recording: To record using alarms / motion detection: my cameras have internal software which can be configured to record directly to the external or internal memory (HDD, NAS, MicroSD card...). My cameras in that mode must have different users with assigned desired disk quota for each camera (if external HDD / NAS is used). May be a problem to watch with Kodi (my cams recordings made this way can not be browsed nor watched with Kodi).

2. Remote control map: Just to watch the live feed from cameras, I have assigned them to some keys (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue) at my remote. I press a key, and the selected Camera pops up, regardles of what I am doing with Kodi which is a great advantage. That works perfectly at a TV with remote, not ideal or even not usable when watching on a computer, phone or a tablet. No recording.

3. Tvheadend backend IPTV map: To watch and record. Added my cams as IPTV channels so they appear after my regular LiveTV. I can watch and manually record them same as any other LiveTV channel. This method is slow to start showing a stream. You can program recording using Manual Time Schedule, but I do not expect this to be elegant solution for recording as it is unavare of the alarms / motion. Advantage: works the same at any device and platform using Kodi.

All 3 methods above work with no problems, my cameras are used as FullHD, RP2 and RP3 the same.

Check the Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support

Hello,

I have migrated from OpenELEC 5.0.8 to LibreELEC 7.0.1 on the weekend.
    Now my Harmony 900 remote control is not working 100% anymore.

1. Verify pressed keys are read by the IR receiver and converted to commands: SSH into RPi, type: irw (and enter it) and press keys at the remote.

2. Modify /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml if something needs to be remapped. Possibly, you may need to adapt /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml too.

FIrst, do 1. using OEv5 and press all the keys making problems. Then repeat these keys with LE.

For me, OK changed from
    160 0 KEY_OK devinput
    160 0 KEY_OK_UP devinput

to
    1c 0 KEY_ENTER devinput
    1c 0 KEY_ENTER_UP devinput

But using OSMC my remote switched from being called devinput to linux-input-layer.

There are no .zip files as we don't support/need those formats.

I know, but I am looking for any possible way out. If someone could zip correctly working file and give me a dl link, maybe, maybe, that would work for me.

Do you have an MD5/SHA256 checksum validation tool? .. it's a more reliable way to see if something changed in a file than the file-size (bytes) count. In the past when I've seen this and there's no logical explanation, having a neighbour who uses a different ISP has usually resolved the problem. It's odd.. but, meh, computers :)

I have 7-zip on Win XP and it claims all the time SHA256 is wrong. But, I had a problem with both .tar and .gz.

This is odd, but these things do happen :( I will try to find someone with different provider.

In the past I have seen issues with ISP's using traffic compression technologies that result in modification (corruption) of files. It's rare, but...

I believe there is no compression on my provider for some 15+ years, but they might have changed something. But, I do not beleive this is an issue here as I downloaded LibreElec .gz recently and there were no CRC problems. All .gz I downloaded previosly, also never had such an issue.

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz?mirrorlist shows the list of mirrors available.

The last one, tar, I downloaded exactly like that - from Germany. Tried upgrading OE, file size correct, no go. So, I am failing both .gz and .tar.

I will try downloading it using some other provider. Is there a .zip file I could download? Either new install or EO upgrade for RP 2 and 3.

I understand this is crazy, I am using the Internet and downloading stuff before people knew what the Internet was. All of my work moves over the line to the paying customer. Never had such a problem.

Are you sure you took the correct image?

I have RP2 and RP3. Downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz (and previously 7.0.1 with the same problem)

As I said...don't extract the files with 7zip. Use the img.gz file with Rufus directly.

Downloaded file size perfect. 7zip SHA256 check fails. Extracing with 7zip - CRC error. Extracting with WinRAR - CRC error. Writing with Rufus directly - no boot.

But if you are able to install openelec in that way, then just install this for now and update it to LibreELEC by copying the specific *.tar file to your update folder....

Did that too. Downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar to upgrade from working OpenElec 6.0.3 on an RP3. File size pefect. Placed it into /storage/.update.

The result: md5 check failed error. Aborted and rebooted automatically. .tar got deleted from a card.

I will try that when I get the time. But, I prefer clean install.

For now, I tried to open archive using RAR, and CRC error is the same. I downloaded this current and prior version each two times, and each time CRC error with two different archivers and Rufus did not help either.

Never had such a prolem with OpenElec and OSMC.

I am using 7zip to open instalation image in WIn PC. But, previoius version .1 and current .2 both are failing with CRC incorrect. RPi does not want to boot with this image.

I do not have problems with OpenElec and OSMC .gz files. Just LibreElec.

What is wrong?