Posts by James_liv

I'm not sure what you mean by caddy. It's a sealed USB hard drive. It doesn't open.

I'd just buy two new hard drives and transfer the data over but I'm equally concerned that the two I bought wouldn't work with it either.

It's even stranger that it detects it when disconnected but not when connected.

Even running it through an externally powered USB hub produces the same result.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I've disconnected all the drives and reconnected them separately and in every single combination I can and it's always the same.

Only two of the 4 drives give a successful mount and show in the file manager. The verb says it has successfully been unmounted but never gives any message to say it has connected and available. The 4th drive doesn't give any indication at all.

They all work perfectly in windows, they are all formatted with the sama file system.

Again, any help solving it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks, rebooted and reposted.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's picking up two from four drives.

But when I unplug the two it's not picking up it gives a message to confirm they were disconnected which is odd considering it didn't notify me they were connected to start with.

The freecom and seagate are the ones it does see.

ok, thanks.

Three pastes are located here:-

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What exactly should I be typing into putty?

If I type 'blkid | paste' as above.

It doesn't respond with anything - well, it gives an internal server error which makes me think I'm missing something. Especially as he says 'sprunge.us website still works' but I'm not putting that anywhere??

Sorry, but I'm not great with this kind of stuff.

Thanks all. i've attached the log in txt format.

at 10:33:19 i disconnected the drives and reconnected. they are all plugged into a seperate 4 in 1 usb hub but i get the same non-connectivity if i plug them in seperate (all but one of them are ignored).

i can however plug one of the non connected ones in directly to the amlogic usb kodi box if that helps?

Thanks again. I really appreciate the guidance.

ssh.txt

Make sure your drives are error free, and not in some hibernation or other sleep state from Windows. Linux doesn't like that.

Also having all of your drives have their own unique disk/partition label will help.

After that, plug them all in (if possible), make a SSH connection to your LibreELEC box, and run the following commands (hopefully the sprunge.us website still works):

Code
    blkid | paste
    mount | paste
    dmesg | paste

and paste the returned URLs here.

Thanks for the help,

The drives work fine when plugged into the laptop so I'm assuming there ok.

What's an Ssh connection and how do I make one?