Posts by edit4ever

edit4ever: Please consider submitting your add-on to the Kodi repo (or ours, or host your own) so it's simple for users to install and keep current.

Definitely - I was just working on some errors before submitting. One question I have is to the format of submitting. The current structure of github is built with the zap2xml.py file outside of the addon build folder as the original project was not intended as an addon but to be used idependently.

Do I need to move that file into the same folder of the addon.xml file? You can see the files on my github page:

GitHub - edit4ever/zap2xml: zap2xml in Python 2.7 for use on LibreELEC and OpenELEC systems

Thanks for the advice - I definitely want to get it out there. :)

Hi

i can confirm it works - useing a chroembox with a dedicated load of LE

quick request - could you add an option for schedules direct as the EPG source as well ?

thnaks in advance

Updated the addon to fix using TVguide favorites and include program icons when available (right now only on tvguide).

source files updated on github...or download here:

Dropbox - tools.module.zap2xml-0.2.zip

Atsrilchuk has a schedules direct version here: GitHub - astrilchuk/sd2xmltv: A Schedules Direct to xmltv converter

I originally was using his version - it's great with a lot of good guide info when you have an SD account!! I've attached a build if you need it.
    tools.module.sd2xmltv-0.1.1.zip

Thanks!

After a clean install of the latest Tvheadend build for Rpi2/3, I discovered that the predefined muxes for ATSC are still missing for me. I have to go back to an old build to get them and then upgrade to latest.

Seems they dropped off starting around ver 4.1-1933.

I know there aren't lot of ATSC users here - but maybe someone else can confirm?

the official kodi repo has it also - not sure if the other repo have some special version or so

No worries - that reference was left in there from the original author's python file. The addon can call for the kodi repo version of mechanize, which I'm fixing now. However, I won't be able to test if this works on LE/OE until I get back to the US in a couple of days. I'm currently running tests on an Ubuntu VM with Tvheadend and kodi installed, which doesn't function the same as as the LE installation.

I'll remove the references to the other repo and update the addon.xml to require the kodi mechanize addon and others can let me know if it is working.
    [hr]
    The github files have been updated here:

GitHub - edit4ever/zap2xml: zap2xml in Python 2.7 for use on LibreELEC and OpenELEC systems

For those who want to test without compiling on your own - the file is attached.

tools.module.zap2xml-0.1.zip

At this point - I am unclear if this will run on a LE/OE install, so please share your results if you test. If Tvheadend gives an error when you select the tv_grab_zap2xml epg grabber - please provide the output of the zap2xml.log file. Thanks!
    [hr]
    I've been able to test this on a raspberry pi 3 running LE 7.0.1 and an M8S+ running OE 6.95.1 - both worked well. If you give it a try please let me know if you have any issues!

Requires Mechanize addon from ... 

you got a problem with this requirement - you cant post it anywhere because you get banned
    the repo is at the kodi ban list for good reason - maybe include it directly or why not use the kodi repo version ?

Thanks for the heads up!! Will look into building it in.

************** zap2it has released a new version of their website that breaks the current zap2xml addon. ****************

I have released a new grabber that works with the new zap2it data.

Releases · edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg · GitHub

- The zap2epg addon is fully capable of replacing the zap2xml addon and is recommended for all new setups.

I've built on FastEddy's zap2xml python script and Atrilchuk's sd2xml project to build a Kodi addon to make it easier to get epg data into tvheadend for ATSC. I'm still working on it - but I think it is far enough along for some folks to try it. This can also get data from TV Guide instead of Zap2It, just select TV Guide in the configure options.

Latest zap2xml addon release: Releases · edit4ever/script.module.zap2xml · GitHub
    zap2xml addon source: GitHub - edit4ever/script.module.zap2xml

I laso have created a Schedules Direct addon that allows you to configure your schedules direct lineups and channels from within kodi:

[WIP] Schedules Direct for Tvheadend addon

And I just released the tvh2kodi addon that gives you access to some tvheadend settings from inside kodi!!

tvh2kodi addon - configure tvheadend from kodi interface

Here is an older xmltv grabber I created that uses schedules direct: (the one above is better!)

Latest schedules direct addon release: Dropbox - tools.module.sd2xmltv-0.1.3.zip
    Schedules Direct addon source: GitHub - astrilchuk/sd2xmltv: A Schedules Direct to xmltv converter

If you like my work you can buy me a coffee 

I have the same issue with the frontend being disabled every time i try to enable TV in TV Settings.

I found the following worked for me - although sometimes it took a few tries:

• Enable the frontend
    • Restart the system
    • Enable the TV settings
    • Check frontend to see if it is enabled - if not enable
    • Restart the system

Seems weird - but there's something about the TV settings enable button that kept disabling the Tvh htsp addon when activated.

Hope it helps!

Found a fix for a complete genre list for those who want it...looks like the code was already in there just hashed out. Here are the changes to make on lines 357-360 of the sd2xmltv.py file

[code=php]# self._add_program_categories(p, channel, airing, program)

for genre in program.genres:
    p.add_category(genre)[/php]

You basically hash out the self._add_program_categories(p, channel, airing, program) line and delete the has in front of the next two lines.

Now all genres will be output into the xmltv file!

Now if I can just get the folks at tvheadend to pass through the complete category list instead of matching the DVB string - I'll be much happier!

I'm looking into the script to try to fix the missing icon issue...but I don't work in python & haven't built a grabber before - so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

The good news is the cached database that the script pulls from SD has the logo information in it. So it seems it's just a matter of getting that into the parser so it builds into the xmltv file. From what I can tell, there are references in the various scripts to the logo or stationlogo - but it doesn't output. I'm hoping it's just a simple naming issue - could be the code was written before the word "logo" was finialized for SD. Or maybe it just need to be added as a yield or return function.

My eyes are blurry from trying to make sense of it - so hopefully someone else will take a look when they have a chance. I'm just happy to a simple working SD grabber for North America!

One other item -- before this would be considered for adding to the repo -- someone may want to rework the code for the username / password function of the plugin. Right now it's saved in the clear. Just an FYI.

I just came across this sd2xmltv project at github...I compiled the addon for Kodi...installed as instructed and voila! The addon generated an xmltv file from Schedules Direct for me. Of course, this will require having a SD account - but now you can pull the EPG info on the same system you're running LE on!

Here is the github link: GitHub - astrilchuk/sd2xmltv: A Schedules Direct to xmltv converter

Not sure why this hasn't been submitted to the kodi repo - but something worth getting added to the LE repo? I've submitted a note to the author as he mentiond that he was still working on the project and was going to enable icon information in the xmltv file.

If there are any questions on how I enable - let me know!

As as FYI...the Tvh team responded to the muxes ticket saying that it is a compiling issue - all the muxes are showing available on their end.

Strange as I doubt the LE team changed anything in the way they compile that addon. For those in North America, it will mean having to manually enter muxes for the 51 channes that are possible availble. If there are any other ATSC-T users out there - maybe they can check and see if the full pre-defined muxes list is showing for them.