Posts by fRzzy

this is the systemd unit file

mount.mergerfs is a symlink of mergerfs

I ran this command:

Code
    usr/bin/mount /var/media/RED\* /storage/pool -t mergerfs -o defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino

it mounted fine, but somehow systemctl start storage-pool.mount failed while exec the same exact command (without the escaping asterisk of course)

I have copy mergerfs debian amd64 binary to system-tools addon bin/ folder, and mounting manually works.

However I can't get it to mount at boot by systemd, this is systemctl status output:

If I ran the ExecMount command it mounts correctly, but calling systemctl start storage-pool.mount always failed with the same error.

I have 4x6TB HDDs in an external box connected to my LibreELEC box with USB 3 cable. I don't want to rely on the box firmware to manage the HDDs so I config them as seperate disks which LibreELEC see 4 HDDs.

Problem is one of them is almost full and the others have prenty of space left.

Is there any way I could install mergerfs so I can pool all my HDDs together and not to worry about manually balancing them?

I'm on LibreELEC 9 with Kodi 18 testbuilds by Milhouse for about two weeks now, many things aren't working as intended but HBR audio passthrough with Apollo Lake NUC6CAYH is definitely not a problem anymore, the patches seems to be included in kernel 4.14 so it's not a hardware problem.

So if you want to buy a Apollo Lake or Kaby Lake box now, go for it, support for HBR audio passthrough will come real soon, no need to wait for Gemini Lake.

I haven't try NTFS but I used to have all of my HDD formatted with ExFAT, big mistake. Any big transfer will bring the CPU down to its knee.

Frankly speaking my LibreELEC box have a Celeron (NUC6CAYH) but after switching all of them to ext4 I noticed a different in transfer speed and clearly noticable dropped in CPU usage.

This box have Sonarr/Radarr/Transmission/Emby/Kodi on it, believe it or not the lowly Celeron handle them all like a breeze, external storage is 4x6TB and there are 6 clients in my house, 2 of them very active, the box itself is connected to a TV which I watch anime episodes daily.

What a time to be alive, all of these in two small boxes consuming no more than 20W, most of the times my power meter indicated around 10W.

PS: Oops I'm a bit sidetracked here, my point is if you don't need Windows/MacOS compatible, just format it to a linux native filesystem.

the video card you want to buy is the GT 1030, it will handle everything you want to throw at it, it comes in fanless low-profile form factor at around $70, there is no reason to spend more...

beats changing the whole motherboard+cpu+memory package for sure...

HDR support in linux is very limited right now (correct me if I'm wrong please) so if you really want HDR you need to look at nvidia shield or have to deal with windows...

Hello, I'm not sure if this need to be implemented on Kodi side but I'll just post it here since Kodi forum is down for a while now.

Currently if video resolution is greater than GUI resolution Kodi will automatically switch to that resolution, but not the other way around. Can we implement this feature?

For example, if I set GUI resolution to 1080p on a 4K TV and:

1. Play a 4K video, resolution will be switched to 4K.

2. Play a 1080p video, resolution stay at 1080p.

3. Play a 720p video, resolution stay at 1080p, video will be upscale to 1080p by Kodi.

In the third case, it creates extra load on hardware and I personally think the TV can do a better job at upscaling.

yes those (two) patches are expect to solve problems with bitstreaming high-bitrate audio and connector type (HDMI/DP), but your AVR doesn't seem to support anything other than DD (AC-3), I'm not sure why you have problem bitstreaming audio?

try set number of channels to 2.0, allow passthrough, turn on AC-3 and AC-3 transcoding, turn off everything else (only DTS in your case) - but make sure that audio output device is not HDMI, it has to be DisplayPort.

I haven't been able to reproduce the connector type changing from DisplayPort to HDMI, happened to me once, and I have to reboot the system to switch back to DisplayPort, in my case when it showed HDMI no kind of audio bitstreaming work properly.