Posts by 5schatten

My root password is already changed and ssh disabled as long as I don't need it. Gaming performance is mostly not affected by spectre patches and if you don't run run dolphin and PCSX2 emulators on decent hardware you're screwed anyway. Or why do you think I've got a i3-6100 installed at my HTPC.

Meltdown and Spectre: does patching your PC impact game performance? ⢠Eurogamer.net

Already setting up a VM on my own. Thx. See dude I've donated in the past and would keep donating for usefull custom distributions but as I see it's not needed since you're too busy. Maybe you shouldn't look down at any user asking question or participate in this thread.

The performance of a patched kernel 4.15 equals the performance of an unpatched kernel 4.11 that's what I read. And since most of the demanding processes are done by the igp oder dedicated decoders/encoders I don't see why i should sacrifice security for performance I haven't had before.

You don't care about security concerns. Got it. But I stick to this point of view:

Anyone like an update?

20180202:

I've chosen not to enable RETPOLINE and KPTI as it supposedly can slow down the computer and I'm not sure how paranoid one should be for a mediacenter.

Well since you've integrated a webbrowser we should be really paranoid. I use chrome for amazon prime & netflix and it would be a shame if some nasty javascript would steal my login & password.

Most mediacenters won't suffer because the media encoding is done by dedicated chips or the igp. So until the microcode is patched please enable it or at least offer a second build for paranoid people ;)

THX :D

escalade

I guess you already moved on to LE9? Is it possible for you to update your old release to avoid spectre backdoors and stuff while browsing the net?

Also some new dolphin builds would be really awesome. I know the LE8 platform is bascially EOL but since Leia release won't be that soon an updated LE8 release of your special build could be very handy.

Kodi Leia is in a fluid state at the moment so the Alpha release milestone has moved back to April. There are no Kodi Krypton changes on the horizon (developers all switched to Leia months ago) but if we accumulate further nip/tuck fixes for reported issues or something exciting comes along we will consider another 8.2 maintenance release to fill the void.

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.2.3 MR – LibreELEC

Hi

I would like to execute this command-line automatically each time I boot my rpi (mount rom folder of my NAS):

Code
    mount -t nfs 192.168.1.22:/NetBackup/Emulation/roms /storage/roms

How can I do that?

thank you

Mounting network shares - OpenELEC

My config looks like this, a file called "storage-roms-wii.mount" creates a dir in /storage/roms/wii

/storage/.config/system.d/storage-roms-wii.mount

yours should look like this

/storage/.config/system.d/storage-roms.mount

"storage-roms.mount"

escalade

Thx for the latest build it works awesome and my issues with the apollo based j3455-itx are completly gone -> audio works like a charm and even adoptable framerate does not break audio playback anymore.

Actually I'm using all of your builds (generic,avx,rpi2) and so i always have to check out whats new and whats not. I'm really a fan of your work and custom le build but could you do us a favor and reorganize your download folder structure?

Something like this:

le8

|-archive-|-legacy.tar

|-generic-|-generic.tar

.................|-cherrytrail-|-cherry.tar

.................|-avx-|-avx.tar

|-raspi-|-raspi.tar

le9

|-archive-|-legacy.tar

|-generic-|-generic.tar

.................|-cherrytrail-|-cherry.tar

.................|-avx-|-avx.tar

|-raspi-|-raspi.tar

It's just a thought because IMHO it's way more clear where the good stuff is uploaded to ;)

5schatten you missed this post

well it does not work at my system.

EDIT:

it works after linking the other missing libs too:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib 
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1

20171121:

Code
    samba: update to 4.7.3
    mesa: update to d1e6cf4 (17.3-rc5)
    retroarch: update to c056726
    emulationstation-theme-simple-dark: add n3ds art
    emulation: package bumps for beetle-psx-libretro, beetle-saturn-libretro and ppsspp-libretro
    linux: update to 4.14.1
    Merge pull request #37 from kuehnelth/feature_shortcut_settings
    estuary: add options to disable emulators/spotify/chrome shortcuts

tvheadend won't start -> libva.so.1 is missing

Code
    ################################################################################
    # ... output of cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    # LibreELEC release: Generic.x86_64-devel-20171121
    # 
    ################################################################################
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

escalade - About the problem with Tvheadend service, I tried what they explained about Tvheadend in the LE 8.2.0 relese announcement, but it didn't work for me. Tvheadend service is running according to Settings/System/Add-ons/Running, but the PVR client can't connect and I cam't connect to it in Chrome. I tried both update and re-install. Do you want some log?

Dude he always needs logs. How would you solve a problem if you can't find out whats wrong? The easiest way is to browse you workgroup, open your htpc samba shares, enter the "Logfiles" directory, open the latest zip file and check out the single log files according to your problem. If tvheadend fails to connect for example then check out "11_Addons.log" and overhand the specific information you can find.

So escalade can have a look, fix his build and we're all happy ;)

escalade

Build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171027.img

23:30:54.189 T:139676094560000 ERROR: Unable to load libnfs.so.11, reason: libnfs.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

23:30:54.189 T:139676094560000 ERROR: NFS: Error loading libnfs (HandleDyLoad).

-> Kodi 17.5 needs to be recompiled to include nfs support again?

PS:

Build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171024.img works fine :)

23:45:21.324 T:139903846156416 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: nfs://192.168.1.....

escalade

I've got a question, I need to copy some files into the "/usr/share/dolphin-emu/sys/Wii" folder but if I'm not completly wrong / is full according to putty & "df -h"

So how to upload files into this folder? I guess I have to upload them into "/storage/.config/dolphin-emu" or something?

Basically I'm trying to follow this guide Dolphin Emulator - Wii Network Guide

EDIT:

well I see its already there in "/storage/.local/share/dolphin-emu/Wii"