Posts by dan25e

Is there a 32 bit version of LibreELEC? I have an old Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo E Pentium 4 machine I want to try it on. I've tried booting with the latest version on a USB drive and it pops up with "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU - detected an i686 CPU". Thanks.

Thankyou chewitt. You were spot on. I replaced the cable with Cat5E rating and bingo 1Gbps! Then I checked the cable I'd just swapped out and, guess what , it has Cat5E printed on it. It's a cheap one I bought from Amazon a few years ago and it's always only given 100Mbps. Just goes to show cheap doesn't mean it'll do what it says on the tin.

Morning!

Can anyone advise me what do do here please?

First build Libreelec with a MSI-AM1 motherboard with AMD AM1 cpu and Kodi Krypton 17 is all working very well after I finally found the TVHeadend in the haystack! Very impressed. Top marks to all involved. It works perfectly with a TBS6280 TV card.

Just one problem - I can't seem to get the ethernet adapter to run at 1Gbps. When I SSL in with Putty the ethernet adapter lists it amongst its capabilities so I (assuming openelec and libreelec are the same for this issue) followed the instructions on this wiki page, rebooted and lost ethernet! I did a second reboot while watching the led's on my ethernet switch and during boot the ethernet adapter starts at 100 Mbps and then I assume it tries to set the adapter to 1Gbps, the leds go out and I can't get back in via SSL, samba or web interface. I repeated the whole process another two times after finding and deleting the file I created and stored in .config with the same result. I also installed Libreelec on and old HP RP5700 machine and it it runs at 1Gbps straight out of the box. Oddly I can SSL in but can't samba into that one despite smb being enabled but that's a whole other bag of spanners.

Any ideas anyone?