Posts by KingJulien

If you write down zero on filesystem's free space prior to making the image, then the image can be compressed with a good ratio using standard compression utils (zip, rar, 7zip, etc.).

I'd say defragmenting first helps to get better compression results but not sure on this.

In linux you can use zerofree for ext2/3/4 partitions. In windows SDelete can be used for "zeroing" free space.

Hi!

I'm trying to compile LE 8.2.0.1 but i'm getting an error.

The weird thing its that i was able to compile without problems a few months ago (8.0.2 version). But now the process stops with errors (both on 8.0.2 and 8.0.2.1).

To be sure, i've cloned again the repository in a new directory and compile from zero, but error is still here.

I'm using Ubuntu 17.10 amd64.

Any help is very welcome.

Code
    libtool: compile:  /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib -I.. -I.. -I../glib -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GLib\" -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -DGLIB_COMPILATION -DPCRE_STATIC -pthread -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=missing-prototypes -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=pointer-arith -Werror=init-self -Werror=format-security -Werror=format=2 -Werror=missing-include-dirs -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security -MT libglib_2_0_la-genviron.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libglib_2_0_la-genviron.Tpo -c /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib/genviron.c -o libglib_2_0_la-genviron.o
    libtool: compile:  /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib -I.. -I.. -I../glib -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GLib\" -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -DGLIB_COMPILATION -DPCRE_STATIC -pthread -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=missing-prototypes -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=pointer-arith -Werror=init-self -Werror=format-security -Werror=format=2 -Werror=missing-include-dirs -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security -MT libglib_2_0_la-gerror.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libglib_2_0_la-gerror.Tpo -c /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib/gerror.c -o libglib_2_0_la-gerror.o
    /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib/gdate.c: In function 'g_date_strftime':
    /media/Development/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel/pkg-config-0.29.1/glib/glib/gdate.c:2497:7: error: format not a string literal, format string not checked [-Werror=format-nonliteral]
           tmplen = strftime (tmpbuf, tmpbufsize, locale_format, &tm);
           ^~~~~~
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
    make[7]: *** [Makefile:1387: libglib_2_0_la-gdate.lo] Error 1
    make[7]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Do yo have an LG TV?

If so, maybe you can try the image from this post: Wake from suspend (CEC)

Its Libreelec compiled against updated libcec and with this change reverting 256, fixing the LG input change when tv turned on · dbrosy/libcec@d9407d3 · GitHub that it's supposed to fix the problem of always switching to Kodi HDMI input.
    Be aware that this image is only for RaspberryPi2/3.

To update you can follow instructions from : Update LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

More on this.

I enabled CEC logs to see what is happening.

The restarting is around 22:41:44.

The only thing i see is that Recorder 1 (Kodi i guess) is marked as active source just before the TV is turned on:

Thank you!

Full log is here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have LG TV with a soundbar connected to HDMI ARC Input, and a Raspberry+Libreelec connected to the soundbar.

What happens is that if i power off the TV when is selected the Kodi input, it automatically turns ON after about 5-10 seconds.

The only way i've found to power off the TV is to change the input to antenna (aerial TV) and then power off the TV. But it does not work always and from time to time the TV cames up again after a random time (minutes to hours).

This behaviour does not happen when Kodi is directly connected to TV using another HDMI input instead through the soundbar. But there are some other pitfalls in this configuration, so i prefer to have the RPi connected to the soundbar.

I enabled debugging and do: play video -> stop -> shutdown TV -> wait for TV to power ON -> play same video again -> stop -> shutdown TV -> wait for TV to power ON.

The power off times in the log are 18:03:11.084 and 18:03:50.791.

The log is here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!

With the new support of CEC inside kernel (now including Raspberry since 4.14), its planned to migrate from libCEC?

And this will be a Kodi related issue or Libreelec can decide to do the migration without waiting for Kodi updates?

The libCEC project is not frequently updated (for example, latest commit broke compilation under Raspberry and nobody fix or revert anything since July). And version 4 of the library has caused problems to several people.

Thanks,

Hi!

I have a RPi2 connected to a LG TV.

Since LE 8.0.0, the problems with the remote have been a big pain. Basically the system was unusable and i have to downgrade to LE 7.

Finally, using LE 8.0.2 plus libcec version f2c4ca7 seems to resolve near all the issues (3953f8d version was also valid except for some pause related bug).

I dont know if that version can be pushed into LibreElec or if its necessary to wait until the libcec guys makes a new release and Kodi team upgrades the lib too.

In any case, i hope this info will be helpful to anyone that have similar problem.

Regards,