Posts by Menion

Hello kszaq . So I have tried the 4K in 444,10bit mode. It seems to work correctly, but I have found an issue wth 3D movies. If the video output is set to 4k, also the HD movies are played in 4k (upscaled), including the 3D. I am not sure what Libreelec output then but I don't get any image from my projector.

There is some video info on the HDMI, in fact there is no "No Input" alert which comes when you have a wrong format (or problem with the cable).

The video format is detected as 4k (3960x2160) 59.94Hz (which is my GUI setting, strange for a video playback) but the screen is blue, but the blue comes from the projector no video color (in fact it follows the color for the no video background I set), so it is like there is no valid video data but a valid video info. The audio is present also, so the playback is active in Libreelec. And Libreelec is full functional, because I can stop the playback with the remote (knowing the button combination) and I come back to the GUI, correctly displayed, and I can start another playback, of another file, with no issue

Sorry if I cannot give you more informations, but I can help to provide everything you may require.

Unfortunately I don't have other 4k Libreelec compatible device, to check if the problem is in Libreelec or the amlogic part

Bye

Hello kszaq, quinck question: the work on HDR and 10 bit has been merged into the kernel you use for your builds?

Because the specific thread seems to be a kind of dead, also the dtb are not available anymore on the server.

I will soon get hands on some good HDR 10bit and bt2020 color space projector and I could do some test

Bye

Suspend is enabled/disabled at systemd level for applications like Kodi. If I enable it, it becomes the default action for power button, CEC poweroff etc. I will not enable something that would force unaware users to power cycle their devices by unplugging power. The only solution I can accept is to make the systemd configuration file available to the user so that it can be manually enabled.

But are you talking about the systemd default ACPI actions? So Kodi will actually issue an ACPI event and not just running a poweroff?

All changes are included in the changelog. The reasons for not including suspend have been explained many times. I have not yet developed a way to make it configurable. PRs welcome.

Hi

But is not possible to select the "power saving" action in the Kodi settings?

We can unlock "sleep" there, so we are ok with the power saving

Then we can add an option in the shutdown menu of Kodi

The remaining problem is when you press the remote power button. I am not sure what we can do with it, since it triggers the ACPI KEY_POWER event at Linux side, but maybe we can live with it for the moment.

Hi

Does anyone know which is the code for KEY_TITLE?

Actually I have another question: the original remote config files under /etc/lirc for xbox remote, xbox360 remote etc... are a kind of different

The use mnemonic key identificator (KEY_0, KEY_TITLE, etc...) instead of numeric code. And they don't even use the factory_code setting....

Is anyone expert of this lirc configuration?

Bye

No no, the box has allready working lights, i mean kan you make the box real shut down instead of sleepmode.

As said the shutdown in kodimenu result in a sleep (suspend, whatever) its not really shutting down.

Actually I think that a selectable sleep mode would be of great interest if it keeps CEC active (you can resume the box from the TV remote) and to improve the turn on time. I am available to test the different power consumption :)

This is what I get from the TV (the one supposed to support 13766x768):

480p60hz

576p50hz

720p60hz

1080i60hz

1080p60hz

720p50hz*

1080i50hz

1080p30hz

1080p50hz

1080p25hz

1080p24hz

New test build: Index of /s905/8.2/test/20170817/

Things to test:

• patched platform_init in hope to fix no LE splash screen
    • added 1360x768 HDMI resolution (not tested, no screen with that resolution to test)
    • non-linear stretch for hardware decoded videos.

So, I have tested this build

The splash screen is fixed, but only if you have this build running on the system. I have tried two upgrade in a row, and the first one, coming from a 8.1.4 build didn't show any splash screen, nor any upgrade info.

1360x768 HDMI resolution is not available in the resolutions list. The TV, a SyncMaster 933HD is 1360x768 native (see here: Samsung SyncMaster 933HD Plus Specs - CNET), but I am not sure if it is a problem with the reported HDMI resolution or what, for sure in VGA it support such resolution, I tried it in the past with a PC.

Where can I check which resolutions the TV report?

For the non-linear stretch, I have not tested it (not sure how do it)

Bye

Not true. You need to make your box boot once into recovery/update mode to execute aml_autoscript that modifies "normal" boot procedure and makes the box go back to "normal" mode. The script makes your box look for kernel and dtb on SD card before booting from internal. If you install LE to internal, the box keeps doing that, so if anything goes wrong with internal installation, you can still boot from SD card (unless you reset uenv). I will try to add this explanation to HOWTO at some point.

None that I know of.

You don't have to solder - I am using a "pogo" cable to connect a USB-to-Serial adapter:

Ok, so basically if I run once an SD with Libreelec, the boot process is modified such the SD is always the first boot medium, even if I "reboot from internal" is selected, or if I am running Libreelec installed on internal, right?

Sorry to bother you, but one extra question: when the SD is looked for first boot, also a recovery.img (like TWRP) is launched if present, or only dtb.img and kernel.img?

Yes but the problem is the following

As far as I understood, the a905x uboot boots from SD only when the board is reboot in recovery mode

So, if you install Libreelec in internal NAND, you actually are exiting from recovery mode, so uboot will always try to boot from the internal NAND (application partition and not recovery partition where you have the original recovery or where TWRP will get installed eventually).

If it happens that the internal NAND (now containing Libreelec) gets corrupted (wrong, buggy, Libreelec update) then to recover (regardless if you what to reinstall Android or a working Libreleec) you must reboot in recovery again.

But since now NAND cannot boot, you cannot do any "reboot recovery", or other methods except of the toothpick method, but if you don't have the reset switch, you have to open the case and solder a short on the pad...

My doubt is about the entire boot process: in case of TWRP, will it start regardless id we are in recovery or not mode? If so, maybe it can be used to switch in recovery again and boot from a working SD card to recover everything, but I cannot find an answer on this

kszaq do you have any docs explaining in the details the boot sequence of the a905x as implemented in these Android TVs?