Posts by JonSnow

You need to flash stock Android using toothpick method if you have recovery.img, dtb.img and firmware. If not you can flash stock using usb buring tool, not the right forum to ask for help. You will have better luck over at freaktab.

It seems you didn't read all instructions in OP, as everything is written on how to flash and since you don't know how to unbrick you should have first installed using the SD method.

I got a box that finally has bluetooth and thanks to Kszaq bluetooth works with when i send audio from LE to my bluetooth speaker but what i'd like to do is send audio from my phone/tablet to Kodi that way i can use my sound system for streaming audio.

Is this possible?

Anyone know where I could grab a uboot.bin file for the minimxiii? I'm trying to unbrick my box and have been given a tool that makes a bootable rescue sd but I need the uboot.bin file which after hours of searching I can't seem to find

Don't need it, just flash by putting the update and recovery file on sd card then boot using toothpick or flash the mxii image file using the usb buring tool.

All files can be downloaded from Beelink forums

When I finish assembling .007, I will start porting S905 to LibreELEC master tree.

I think that 7.9 builds will start appearing this month, but I can't promise anything - life always provides lots of more important things to do.

Waiting for 007, hoping to see Bluetooth, 4K and ram improvements. You have done fantastic work for the s905, great to see it will be added to the LE master tree.

No need to rush for 7.9 release id be really happy to get 7.0.2 to a stable state.

Can you help me - I am trying to install v .006 (from .005) NAND installation on my Beelink - but I cant get into recovery if i boot with the SD card inserted, I can only get in if i remove the SD Card first, but then i dont know what option to pick once in recovery (tempted to choose install from ext / sd card, but not sure if that will be right).

Thanks.

ssh into the box and type "reboot recovery" without quotes, thats the way i installed it.

Really? That is a good one, but those points scare me a lot:

• Temperature reading not available.
    • 4K output doesn't work properly due to patches that fix resolution switching. To troubleshoot this, I ask 4K TV owners to paste output of
      Code
      cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

command. Please don't paste this for 1080p TVs.

• Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug).
    • CEC might not work when your box has incomplatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • Multichannel PCM audio doesn't work.
    • Lots of other things that I did not notice.

And a simple update from 005 is not possible, too, as I read.

Most of those are existing issues found in 005, so don't see a reason to stay on 005. Frankly playback is much better on 006 for some of my files. I don't own a 4K tv so it makes no difference and not to worried about temp reading.

Anyone have issues using reboot over ssh? If my TV is off and i use ssh to reboot i notice kodi does not start until the TV is turned on, almost like the box is waiting for a HDMI singnal before kodi starts. Like i'm able to ssh in but the kodi.bin service is not running until the tv is on.

I do not recall this being an issue with 005, I like to restart the box in the early mornings so that ram stays low to avoid possible freezes.

Disabling CEC does not help

Cannot get .006 to boot past teddy-bear screen with USB (with and without holding in button with pin) and I am using MiniMX. I can get it to work on SD card but, as with all builds I have tried, I get random freeze ups. Therefore, and unfortunately, I'm unable to use LibreElec on my box as I dont wont to destroy the NAND. What to do ? Dont know, tried everything I think. Oh and yes I did try both USB slots (only 2 on this box) and I did use the correct dtb.img (which is the one that works for the SD card).

its its freezing with the sd card its probably a bad or slow sd card

Thats the thing I am having issues but it takes days for it to show its effects (box freezing or rebooting). The issue isn't with the fact unused = wasted ram. This has been a known issue for quite a while so just trying to help get to a solution.

With my setup it better to keep it on 24/7 than to turn it off.

Its still increasing as i use the box but at a much slower rate than previous releases. Now at 32% used after slight usage this morning.

On the Raspberry Pi i never seen RAM hire than 20% and this is after days of usage.

I think this RAM should get it's own thread. With 006 after a few minutes i was able to use up about 49%, with the second devel I'm currently at 34% which is much better. I'm trying to keep my test conistant as possible. So w/e changes you made between the two has improved it, but not yet solved it.

Let me know what else I can do to help futher.

EDIT:
    I had to reboot after the above test so below is a new test, my box starts up with 16% usage.

Yes with the second devel release ram usage is much better, but scrolling the library really fast up and down 3 times makes the ram spike to about 57% then it slowly starts to drop. When i started the library test, ram was at 27% after scrolling it jumped up to 57% and now holding at 30%.

You think the texture bug is still active? People with 1GB probably would have froze by now.

Great work so far.

Hi ,
    Anyone managed to nand install in mxq pro 4k.sd boot works fine but have done 10 times different ways unable to flash in nand even after putting dtb.img,recovery.img and ledtb.img in sd card install doesnt start goes in loop.when delete aml script in sd card ,install happen but goes in loop and bricks no display out.
    The earlier versions installed in same box ok.
    Pls advise tks

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

yup bricks my box aswell, will have test since mxq have 4 different boards. Mines is the v1 blue board that comes with a broken reset button. I don't have the origional dtb, but i dont think that is needed when upgrading according to OP.

Will flash back to Android to see if i can get it to boot. Yup it bricks even when flashing from Android, don't think Kszaq has dtb for all the mxq varations.