Posts by JonSnow

Hello kszaq,

I finaly succed to install (sdcard boot) 007 version in my Mxq pro 4K !!! :):)
    But i can't install in nand device with "installtointernal" or with direct flash... same results, device doesn't boot. It just stuck on boot logo.

I tried a lot version dtb images...but no sucess.

Thx for your hard work!

Regards.

assume you used the mxq dtb? Do you know what motherboard you have and the firmware version? p200 or p201?

Hi kszaq

retried with the new device tree file and although it says it was successfully installed, when I reboot the box it the screen just stays black.....that's it.

Tearing my hair out now.

Cheers

Are you sure you have the s905 Beelink Mini MXIII? Apparently there is a new model called Beelink Mini MXIII II (notice the 2 in red) which is based on the s905X SoC. Maybe try booting with the s905X steps or download cpu-z to be 100% sure?

I used the above dtb and the previous 006 MXIII dtb on my box without any issues.

Edit \\LibreELEC\Userdata\peripheral_data\cec_0000_0000.xml and replace <setting id="device_type" value="4" /> with <setting id="device_type" value="1" />. Reboot.

CEC barley worked once i moved to s905 from my pi2, the navigation keys etc worked/stopped randomly which required me to connect cec again. Once i switched the value to 4 the TV remote started to work just like the Pi and shows up as a recorder.

CEC is much more stable on my TV with value=4

Thank you man for the great job with libre, but can something be done about fast film browse freezing? Running on MXQ PLUS 1/8. Those freezes really ruins the whole thing. Is this known problem or am I doing something wrong ?. Same problem with 06 and 07 too.

Do you mean fast scrolling in your library? If so i have no issues on my MXIII, 2GB helps in that regard. I have noticed if i scroll really fast a couple times I can make ram jump up to 60%, after 30 seconds it starts to slowly drop to idle levels. So since you have 1GB this maybe why your box freezes, this was the case on alexs build on the 1GB MXQ. I have yet to test freezing on the MXQ with 007.

thanks this is excatly what i needee for my mxq, i left 0x42 14 so now the back key and the key next to the 0 on the keypad both do the same thing.

Maybe kszaq can include this remap in the next release so we don't need a custom remote.conf.

FYI @ALL

you can edit the flash partition so the remote.conf survives FULL RESETS.

Open SSH and run command -> mount /flash -o remount,rw
    Open WinSCP connect using SFTP and navigate to /flash
    Replace remote.conf

Likewise you can make these edits using the nano command as long as flash is writeable.

NOTE: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THIS CAN BRICK YOUR BOX IF YOU EDIT ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!

Thx JonSnow!
    Do you use sdcard/usb way, and you use "installtointernal" command?

With my first release of mxq pro 4K device, i can't direct install in internal memory (always stuck)... and i can't use sdcard/usb method because device reboot on android recovery... i don't know why !?! I follow instruction but no way... i used all kind of dtb.img of device tree.

I mean i use sd card method with my miniMX, and i succed ... so i m not a total noob lol

i bricked it so many times and tried installtointernal as well as toothpick/adb both methods work when you have the correct firmware and dtb. IIRC the last install i used "installtointernal" because i wanted to backup the recovery from stock p201 firmware.

Only reason i would buy a new box is if kszaq stops supporting the s905. It is unlikely i will be watching VP9 even with a 4K TV, however HDR is another story but we shall see if i end up with a TV that supports it.

Doesn't s905x have issues with 1080p HEVC @60fps? No issues on the s905, I remember reading that somwhere.

I tested to flash v7 image android as you talk in first message... and flash 007 version with p200 mxq pro 4K from devices_tree, and no device boot (stuck with mxq logo).
    I have same behavior with p200 1go 100m from devices_tree.

I can't test with p201 dtb img... i can't find it.. i guess Kszak deleted it.

JonSnow... What files do you put on sd to have 007 working???

Thx

kszaq fixed it, i flashed my stock p201 firmware then installed 007 to nand. If you look in the device tree folder you will see gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, which i'm using now.
    NOTE: He uploaded a new version with proper LAN so i would dowload it again just to be sure.

If you want to boot using v7.img then you need to use gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, this is what i used prior to kszaq proper mxq dtb. Also remeber it depends what motherboard version you have.

I forgot that this box has 100Mbit LAN and not 1Gbit... Device tree updated. Please re-download.

Thanks installed using dd and everything is working including reboot and power on from the remote. The remote has keymap issues like in your previous builds but no big deal since its easy to remap using xml.

I tested the new gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb on my Mini MXIII that was previously getting the corrupt filesystem error on NAND install. It is working now with the new dtb. Thanks kszaq!

Only thing I notice is that I am seeing this message every few seconds in dmesg:
    RTL871X: IsBtDisabled=0, IsBtControlLps=0

Not sure what it means. Bluetooth seems to be working.

not seening this on my nand install, did you reboot? is wifi on? my wifi/bluetooth is off.

kszaq thanks for the new dtb for both MXIII and MXQ. Updated MXIII using dd with no system corruption YAY, everything seems to work.

On the MXQ installed from stock p201 firmware and it booted with the new MXQ dtb however LAN is not functional, wifi and remote including power off & reboot are functional. If you can fix the LAN i can finally give it to a family member.

EDIT: I also created a usb with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb and that seem to have booted from usb but fails on nand install with the p201 firmware. Right now i have 007 with gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb on NAND with no LAN and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb on usb with working LAN.

EDIT2: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb = brick.

EDIT3: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb = working, again no LAN.