Posts by JonSnow

I have a 1/8gb MXQ PRO 4K with a v1 blue board with date of 1511.

Issues with 003 with wifi turned off:
    Power off from Kodi Menu = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    Build 002 turned the box off properly so that it could be turned back on from the remote.

Reboot = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    Build 002 worked perfectly

Press Power button on remote with box on = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    With build 002 if I waited 30 seconds HDMI signal would be restored and the box worked.

People who are running on SD card, remember your card will effect performance. If you have a slow card you will notice that LE is slow or freezes etc. Running on my Sony UHS1 card is still slower than when its on NAND.

To get a better understanding of this look in the Raspberry Pi section on the Kodi forums. One of the main reasons for me going with these Android boxes is to use the NAND storage and not worry about finding the right SD card such as i did for the Raspi.

Hello,

I still didn´t have any serious issues from Version 001 up to 004 on MicroSD and my Beelink Mini MXIII ( Memory, Videos, Sound, Remote, DVB-S and Reebot are working fine)... but I didn`t test Version 005, yet.

Although I am not a big fan of Andoid on these Boxes, I decided to use a DualBootSystem furtheron because I realized that there are some usefull Android-Apps and Functions outside of LibreELEC and Kodi, too.

Cheers
    Mark

Good to know i have one on the way just to get the 2GB ram, do you leave your box on 24/7? Curious to know if the box is left on does it run out of memory like on my 1gb MXQ.

Tried to install from usb with toothpick method. Installation aborted. Here is the message:
    E:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

Please help.

Use ext option not sdcard option

Enjoy the holidays, i will create a new bug thread for the below issue which still occures on 004.

Few test on build 003

Build 002 turned the box off properly so that it could be turned back on from the remote.

Press Power button on remote with box on = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    With build 002 if I waited 30 seconds HDMI signal would be restored and the box worked.

Reboot suspend abd power off all work on build 002 all three options are broken on 003, full deals has been posted by me a few pages back?

I've been testing 003 and memory is slightly better but overall build quality of 003 is bad compared to 002. Since besides the reboot and power off issue i have noticed slight sync issues with the audio. I do not believe its the file but rather 003

Will need to test further but i think 003 has audio sync issues as well. After watching a few videos my ram is now at 54% used from 23% on boot.

Kszaq another question do you know of a way to turn off the led light? You don't have to include it in your build just point me in the right direction.

nobody reports vp9, did you tried yet? i'm planning to pourchase rev C for furure proof

Isnt VP9 only supported on s905X?

Anyways I downloaded Eye of the Storm from youtube (kodi wiki only has youtube links) using an online site and it seems to play fine. I'm not sure if the site changed the format when it downloaded it.

Few test on build 003

TrueHD = Working
    DTS-HD = Working
    CanalPlus_UHD_Astra = Black Screen, but get audio.
    2013 Taipei fireworks = Buffering from nfs share, plays fine locally. My MXQ has 100mbps LAN port so its a hardware limitation.

My MXQ has a C processor.
    Revision: 02c
    YAY!!!

Will further test memory over the next few days.

7.0.2.003 Work-in-progress build 003

Commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 7.0.2.002...7.0.2.003 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 224b4bc...9ed7c5b · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• kernel video decoder (amports) updated to 2016-05-04 Amlogic release for improved HEVC playback and better memory management
    • 4K HEVC playback parameters tweaked to minimize out of memory issues - most of my 4K HEVC samples play fine now!
    • added 4K output patch from wrxtasy - this should fix 4K output (not tested!)
    • tweaked SquashFS kernel options for improved boot time
    • added HPD disable patch (based on Odroid-C2) to fix a boot issue when TV is turned off
    • further small adjustments in Broadcom WiFi driver to improve performance a little bit and fix some suspend issues (not fully fixed yet!)
    • added Bluetooth Audio fix thanks to @dcervi
    • minor improvements in build tree (see GitHub changelog)

Does this build also include the fixed remote remapping or do i still need to use my remote.conf?

You have have to go back to stock Android for the autoscript to apply, in my case i had to use the Backup&Upgrage app in Android.

That was the only way Kszaq LE booted for me, if i just flashed from recovery I always got "SH: can't access tty job", toothpick method does not work on my board because the switch isn't solder properly.

@all with the MiniMXIII what are your cpu temps like under heavy load with LE? Curious to know if it may need some modification to keep it cooler since i plan to hide it behind my TV with poor ventilation.

Thank you! I have added this change for the next build.

Actually it does as long as you don't use WiFi. When you start using WiFi, there will be suspend and reboot issues. I have not found a fix yet.

I started buiding 7.0.2.003 release. For those who can't wait, here's a development build which will become 7.0.2.003: 2016-07-13

The reboot/suspend issue with WiFi is it just on the Mini MX or generic issue with all boxes?

YAY new build, more bug fixes :)

My mini mxiii's also rev c - I was guessing since they're relatively new they all are, but obviously not then.
    Is there a link to a sample canal+ video?

Ahh so this must explain the difference between v1 and v3. Wondered why they released a new device so soon, the only downside to the mxiii is lack of 5ghz wifi which is fine for me since i use wired.

I'll have to check what revision my MXQ is once i get it back from a friend that wanted to test it.

kszaq super excited for your next build especially if you fix the memory problem.

Did you test also TRUE-HD?
    It works?
    Thanks.

Test sample please, once i get the box back i can test it. If DTS-MA works i suspect TrueHD will as well.

Here is some more feedback for build 002 on an MXQ Pro 4K, all test were done on an LG 1080P 3D TV and a AVR.

CEC = Working
    DTS = Working
    DTS-MA = Working
    3D = Working
    2160P HVEC @60fps = Working
    2160P H264 @24fps = Working
    2160P H264 @29fps = Working
    2160P H264 @30fps = Working
    2160P H264 @60fps = Shutter and audio out of sync
    CanalPlus_UHD_Astra = Black Screen

Not sure why my first 60fps HVEC works, only difference is the bitrate 18 vs 28. hehe i guess my MXQ does not have the s905 C revision processor

Hi JonSnow i have to ask to the user that tested the video for me, but I think no because I get this problem on mini mx while watching 4K channels that I've mentioned on a 1080p :( I neither have a 4k TV ;) By the way this issue is for 50p (mostly television content) so if in the future we are going to see UHD Blu-ray we are in the "safe zone" as movies are still 24000/1001 fps. (And HFR movies like "the Hobbit" were at 48 fps)

Edit:
    This should be the incriminated video

Ohh i thought it worked when downscaled to 1080p, either way no big deal since i won't be watching 4k television. I do recall testing a 60fps hevc demo and it played perfectly on my box, the video i struggled with was big buck bunny at 60fps using h.264.

The MiniMXIII seems like a solid device for anyone with a 1080P TV even with 4K content, the price is just right if you don't have a 4K tv such as myself.

anthontex can you confirm if playing 2160 hevc main10 content plays properly if downscaled to 1080P?

If this is the case then its the perfect device to get IMO. Then when the time comes in the next few years if i upgrade to a 4K TV by then Im sure the s905x or s912 or better will be out.

Edit: Just read it plays fine at 1080P which is good enough for me. If the ram issue isn't resolved soon i may bite the bullet on a MiniMXIII