Posts by Hoffy

Not exactly. For some reason, Retroarch defaulted to alsathread instead of ALSA. I just didn't remember which driver it was supposed to be.

Thanks for the link on the Dolphin emulator. Very helpful. I have trouble finding the info I need here, even when I search for it.

Hopefully, I'll get used to these forums quickly. Then I won't have to bother you so much..^^

Thanks again.

I'm having trouble getting the Mupenplus core to work for my games. I have NES, SNES & Genesis games working but anything N64 is not. It was working yesterday but suddenly stopped working. I've searched through log files to try and figure out what is happening and this is all I could find.

This comes from retroarch.log when I try and load the core directly from within Retroarch.

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so"

[ERROR] Error(s): libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've looked in that location and it is there. I've tried using Retroarch's online updater to update that core. It still gives that message.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm running an Intel i7 PC with LibreELEC 8.0.2 (I think)

I've also pasted my logs to HHVH

Thank you./shrug

Another problem. I can't get sound in games.

I have sound perfectly in Kodi, but when I launch games, I'm getting nothing.

When I was on OpenELEC, I had to enter "hw:1,7" as my audio device in Retroarch settings.

Trying that in LibreELEC doesn't work. Is there a different naming convention?

Here is my aplay -l result.

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC889A Analog [ALC889A Analog]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC889A Digital [ALC889A Digital]

card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]

Subdevices: 0/1

card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

My audio comes from HDMI 1 which should make the device 1,7. Do I call the device something different in Retroarch settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just starting out with LibreELEC.

I've searched but can't find any info.

Is there any guides for setting up the more difficult platforms (e.g. Playstation and Wii)

Also, within the EmulationStation addon, is there a way to configure xbox controller buttons to move around?

Cheers for the help.:)

Hi folks.

I've just moved from OpenELEC as tvheadend isn't working there at the moment.

Been a steep learning curve. Thought it would be straight forward, but not seeming that way. I love the extra help in LibreELEC setup compared to OpenELEC.

I'm having trouble with Retroarch. I've downloaded and installed the latest LE8 (20170712). From what I've read, Retroarch should be already included but I can't seem to find it installed on my system. Config files are there for it, but no system files.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Trying to get IARL working.

Cheers.