Posts by dadof3monsters

Hi, I have installed Milhouse 9.0 build with a view to getting both tuners working on my wintv-dual, however i am getting an error message ... "The following addon will not be installed" "os.libreelec.tv" and under that it says "not available".

Do i need a specific version of tvheadend? Have i missed a step in the process somehow? I would appreciate any advice on how to overcome this, I have tried searching the error but am not sure i am phrasing it correctly as i am not finding any pertinent results. Thanks

OK, so ive been my usual dumb ass self and changed the username in the web UI it now wont let me log in. are there any options other than a do over, I had just got it sorted how i wanted then decided to try and make it more secure. Don't ask why as i cant bloody answer. sometimes my own stupidity knows absolutely no bounds.

Please help!

also just bought one of the xbox one tuners... great find!!

Hi edit4ever it's time for my nightly done something wrong post.

I have spent some time this evening trying to set this up. I have followed all of the steps and seem to be failing at some point. I have an active sub at SD have installed your addon input my postal code (zip) selected my provider, selected channels i want to include and those that I don't i do not appear to have any errors or nothing that the addon showed me. but when I follow the tvheadend settings my log shows the below

Code
    2017-07-17 22:35:15.000 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:35:15.008 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh"
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:35:48.302 subscription: 0001: "epggrab" unsubscribing
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:38:46.656 spawn: cat: can't open 'xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:38:46.658 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: no output detected
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:38:46.658 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab returned no data
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:44:30.815 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh
    Code
    2017-07-17 22:44:30.822 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.sd4tvh/bin/tv_grab_sd4tvh"

The last one of the above messages has been the last entry in the log for over ten minutes,

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong?

Thanks for you patience with a newbie.

well edit4ever it looks like you were right. I moved the Pi3 to my bedroom that has main cable feed into the house into, i also removed the usb extension cable and plugged the tuner directly into the pi. last night watched about 2 hours of a HD channel with no problems. Thanks for the support and suggestions.

I have now sorted my channel list including numbering and tags as well, next i'm on t the epg using your addon, which i foolishly tried to run on a windows machine last night as the Pi was in with a sleeping wife.

on a side note how do i back up my setting so that when i eventually mess it up again (which i will) I don't have to spend hours on the scanning / channel sort?

thanks again

Hey. I went with your build. The stream is definitely mpeg2 as that was one of the things I checked.

I'll have a look at the signal strength and cabling later (dragged to a family bbq) it could be the cable as it's a shotgun cable with one half carrying dvb-c and the other was being used for DVB-T so its thinner than installed by the cable technicians. I'll keep investigating. Not gonna give up on this.

Thanks for the offer. I don't think it would be an easy add. From my understanding Virgin media UK use different symbol rates and frequencies in different geographical areas making a comprehensive pre built list almost impossible.

I have scanned manually and have it working including the decryption. The issue I am now having is continuity errors on HD programmes. Picture breaks up randomly. I have installed the mpeg2 license but made little difference.

Is the pi3 capable of being the server and client at the same time? Or should I just use it to serve to other devices?

Feel like I'm so close to having it sorted but the wife and kids won't accept it as it is presently as I have an almost solid setup on Windows using dvbviewer. I, however would prefer to ditch windows.

edit4ever Thanks for the baby steps really appreciated. I tried to use your addon initially however the wizard would not work as none of the predefined mux's are appropriate for DVB-C in the UK, so i tried manually and probably cocked that up as well ;). I will reinstall everything and have a go from scratch, hopefully with the knowledge i have gained from this attempt and your instructions above i will get further this time.

appreciate your assistance mate :thumbup:

Hoping for some assistance, I have installed the zip from edit4ever and scanned in services, it seems to be ok at this point however when i start editing the channels tvheadend goes unresponsive and i get a red error in the logging area saying "There seems to be a problem with the live update feed from Tvheadend. Trying to reconnect..." at this point it is gone, completely knackered. restarting the Pi3 does nothing, enabling and disabling tvheadend from the addons menu does nothing. The only way i have found to bring it back up is to uninstall and reinstall.

Anyone have any ideas how i have cocked it up?

For completeness when in the Addon admin screen from kodi it says i i am using Tvheadend 4.2 - 8.1.111 by librelec tv. is this the right version?

I have been trying to set it up using just one tuner initially.

Thanks for any insight you can offer

EDIT. Im a dick that cant read instructions ;(. I have downloaded the correct zip of the updated tvheadend from CvH and will now try with that.

EDIT 2

I'm now getting a dependencies error on the file i downloaded so i'm guessing i have managed to cock it up again some how. There are days that i should not be allowed out of the house without adult supervision :cursing:.

Thanks for the reply

I have literally just bookmarked the thread about your tvh2kodi addon and will absolutely be trying it out, just reading through it, can i set up decryption using your addon edit4ever ?.

slightly confused ....when you say start with 8.02 is that the image you liked on the previous page? or is there a better alternative image i should be using?

I cannot wait to have this working, but stability is a must or the wife and monsters may well do me bodily harm.