Posts by wkchick

I am not sure that's why I ask you to try. If it didn't work with .007, it won't work with .008 - there was no change in how audio works. I will try to add SPDIF output for the next devel build but you (or someone else) will have to test and tell me if it works. ;)

I just tested and sure that if you select HDMI output, SPDIF will output at the same time. I can select either HDMI or Optical Input from my AV receiver and both got audio. It started from the very beginning when Kodi runs on Android TV box.

A new development build to test audio/video sync: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161018160755-r23394-g4208031.img.gz

"Back" button bug is fixed in that one, if someone wants a fix right now. ;)

kszaq, I believe you made it! No more audio out of sync was noticed in the tested episode. I tested only 'The Walking Dead', not yet tested the 'Westworld'.

I am really grateful that we have a talented and perseverance programmer involved in this project.

Then you have problem with s905x and 60fps vp9 video?

I tried latest official 008 libreelec with many iptv, and other video, and I don't have syncing problem.

kszaq, here is the link to download the episode that ukmark62 reported with audio out of sync issue:
    MEGA

File size is only 356MB. As I said in my earlier post, it's not a matter of very high video bitrate like 4K VP9. It's only 720p HEVC, not even 10bit. If you watch it, you'll find audio out of sync within the first 30 minutes and getting worse throughout the episode.

Yes, I tested many video contents, even with a higher bitrate e.g. 1080p 10bit HEVC and there is no audio out of sync problem. I noticed it only starts everytime when there is complete black scene transitions in that episode. Sync problem doesn't exists in .007 build. I didn't check development builds though.

Thanks for your hard work and your attitude towards fixing the patch instead of deleting it is much appreciated.

Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Updated from .008 using Samba share on M18. Sorry, audio out of sync was still there with the episode tested.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response to this issue.

Are you sure dtb applied correctly, seemed like i had sync issues but they have gone away with a fresh install. Kszaq released a new build that fixes the dtb not applying correctly just in case your using an old build of 008.

I tested playback of the same episode (likely encoded by the same source, size of mine is 383,627,075 bytes), on M18 (metal chassis version of MX64 with external WiFi antenna) with kszaq 008 build this morning and got the same audio out of sync problem.

This evening I tested playback again of the same episode on MX64 using afl1's Krypton build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz, out of sync problem was gone.

I then prepared a fresh mSD install with kszaq's latest 008.fix.img (as suggested by JonSnow), and applied the latest 008 dtb (same was used with afl1's build), audio out of sync problem remains with playback of the episode.

I believe it is not related with the bitrate. Playback of videos with much higher bitrate were fine. I noticed that there are quite a number of scene transitions of that episode are complete black. Whenever that happened, video starts a little later than audio, might be one or two seconds. Adding one or two seconds every time results in audio out of sync. I haven't rolled back to 007 or any development build to check when the problem started.

Hope this information may narrow down the search for reasons of this issue.

Yes, it is build on the latest kszaq"s build.

afl1, tested your build on M18 (MX64), CEC is working now! Thanks.

I haven't tested playback of any 4K video contents yet. I guess you already did a lot before you release it. I focused on the claim of audio out of sync on kszaq 008 build on the same device. ukmark62 specifically pointed out the exact case that it happened and I could repeat the same problem. I found no audio out of sync problem with your build, at least for the specific condition mentioned by ukmark62. That means, I watched the same episode twice on the same day.

Testing build LibreELEC with Kodi Krypton 17.0 beta 3

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz

SD card version base on kszaq's build 7.0.2.008.
    For installing use corresponding device tree blobs: device_trees

Release notes:
    - latest patches from 7.0.2.008
    - minor fixes in Video Rendering Manager

Kodi Addons repository for Krypton is still incompleted. For testing TVHeadend download pvr.hts.
    pvr.hts has issue: no AC3 audio passthrough, workarround: set audio channels 2.0 and enable AC3 transcoding.

Thanks for sharing. Is this build includes patches for S905X device? I meant, would it support 4K VP9?

Thanks! Yes it actualy passes DTS sound through SPDIF, but TV also plays sound via HDMI. How can I disable sound via HDMI and play it only over SPDIF? I know one option is to mute the TV....

Not sure which brand of TV do you have, but for quite a number of them you can disable the audio of certain HDMI input. For example, if you connect HDMI input 1 to your TV box, go to setting menu on your TV and disable the audio from HDMI 1.

I have a box nexbox A95x S905x, I'm unable to start, the three methods. Someone who has this box could help me.
    It looks like this.

I don't have Nexbox A95X, only a similar one Mini M8S-II with the same S905X processor and 2GB of RAM. Base on your screen capture, you can try rename the gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img. It will replace the original dtb.img (size 156kB).

LE with Krypton 17.0 beta 3, my very first test build. Audio fully ported with HD passthrough, video only neccessary basic patches.

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161013131557-r0000.img.gz

afl1, thank so much for sharing your Krypton build. I've been long for Krypton build on Amlogic device for a long time, as I was testing it on both RPi2 and Odroid C2 and love the Esturay Skin.

I updated both my M18 (S905) and Mini M8S II (S905X) through Samba share method. They were both running kszaq latest development build. Update process underwent smoothly, including migration of library database and addons.

I focus on 4K video testing and guess you already knew the result as you did mention 'only necessary basic patches'. Here I just want to share my test result with other forum members.

CEC, as usual, was not working (as I understand, you turned it off during compilation). On Mini M8S II, 4K VP9 videos stuttered (guess there's no hardware decode) and 4K H264 playback couldn't start at all. On M18, playback of 4K HEVC and 4K H264 are both working and no missing first few seconds of videos.

I am impressed that memory usage was kept low.

Thanks again for sharing and please share if there's any update.

I've just tested this last development build and the hevc and especially the hevc 10 bit videos play much better but unfortunately an old bug reintroduced in h264 playing.
    This new build allows me to play even the 400Mbit jf video (its like a slow motion play but drop:0 skip:0)
    I was very excited with the jellyfish test files, but when I tried to play the 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps.mp4 (h264) video it stops every 1-2 seconds for a moment (the same file plays fine with LE007). Similar problem was in the first LE006 version too.

Pelican, I came to a different test result. I downloaded the 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps.mp4 video and test it on M18 (S905, both 20161003 and 20161011 builds) as well as Mini M8S II (S905X 20161011 build), playback were all flawlessly under these situations.

kszaq, after testing of almost a dozen 4K VP9 videos on Mini M8S II, I found playback with the latest development build is more jerky than afl1's build on 20161007. This is only noticeable when playback of 'The Curvature of Earth 4K 60FPS', also artifacts were shown on several occasions (forgot to note down the time) whereas there's no artifacts with afl1's build on the same video. For the rest of 4K VP9 videos, playback were fine. I would say 'The Curvature of Earth 4K 60FPS' is the most demanding one with highest bitrate.

Thanks again for your work.

kszaq: on your last devel device_trees i can't find gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb anymore? is there a reason or should i take a generic one (gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb) or if not then which one please :)

I downloaded and compare the device trees from latest build 20161011 with that of the previous development build 20161003, they are the same. Hence, I would say you can safely use the device tree files from 20161003 without problems.

kszaq,

Just tested your latest development build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161011222808-r23378-g763b90a on both M18 (S905) and Mini M8S II (S905X) Android TV box using mSD.

Didn't notice too much of difference on M18 but playback of 4K VP9 as well as 4K H264 videos are now possible on Mini M8S II (on 1080p TV). Unlike build provided by afl1 couple of days ago, CEC is also working.

Thanks for your great work.

EDIT: Btw, the SPDIF output seems different than the regular toslink connector. Is it still an optical out? I know there are different connectors on optical cables. Ones that look like 3.5mm jacks. Is that the one?

Yes, there's another SPDIF optical output that likes 3.5mm jacks. They are used on cheaper TV box. I tried to attached a photo of mine with this post but couldn't.