Posts by wharyadoin

There's a needed dtb patch to boot on this device, I have it in my fork of balbes150's work, he's also welcome to copy it sometime..that or the 100M lan version may work for you. Seems to be hit and miss.

The only issue I encounter right now is that booting isn't straightforward because you have to manually mount the mmc and SYSTEM image right now.

balbes150 - I can't seem to locate where the /flash mountpoint is even specified, is the aml_autoscript supposed to do this? If so, what parameters? Currently the script is mounting the internal memory's system partition with the build.prop inside for android instead of /dev/mmcblk0p1, where the SYSTEM image is located.

If we can get past this we'll have a fix for the bcm4335 variants.

Could this be what you're looking for? My programming is limited to simple python scripting so I wish I could be of more help.

# Add information where to run LibreELEC from
    if [ -z "$BOOT_IMAGE" -o -z "$boot" -o -z "$disk" ]; then
    cmdline=$(cat /proc/cmdline)
    cmdline="$cmdline BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/boot boot=/dev/system disk=/dev/data"
    echo "$cmdline" > /proc/cmdline
    fi

How to install on internal rom (Nand)?

I should have said internal storage as rom by definition is read only; but to answer your question I was using another build for the M8S BCM4335 posted here. I booted into android recovery, installed the zip file included in the build, crossed my fingers and it worked. I then used Libreelec's update function to install the LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3_20170614 build

Installed LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3_20170614 on my M8S s812 2gb/8gb with BCM4335 wifi. This release is super stable and have been using it for the past week. A few notes:

-Installed in internal rom with no issues (not recommended if you don't know how to unbrick the device should something go wrong)

-LAN works but no wifi

-HDMI audio works but no stereo output.

-Hardware HEVC decoding works great at 720p but 1080p has severe artifacting (black and white noise). I've noticed this in other builds though.