Posts by Zefrem23

g1AKN9l.png

I've had this box for about a year, bought it on a one day deal and when it turned out to be pretty weak I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. More recently my Sister needed a TV box so I thought I'd have a go at putting LibreElec on it so I managed to get that right. It seems to have an s905 chipset, but the remote totally doesn't work, she's been using a wireless mouse with it since I set it up for her but she hates using the mouse.

I've done some reading about remote.conf and the keymaps files and I've tried to do the manual creation of the conf file, but each time I try to get scancodes, the codes are different (??) so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone maybe help me identify this box and remote and (first prize) which device's remote.conf might work without any manual modification, please?

Hi folks,

I'm currently running recent stock firmware on what I understand is an AMLogic S905 (MXQ 4K Pro) but I'm hitting some weird performance and memory issues that I figure are because my library is getting too big (20+ TB of episodes and movies stored on remote NAS). So I'm thinking of switching to LE but I'd just like to make sure it won't be a step back in terms of functionality.

Right now I'm using the most recent build of the RKMC fork of Kodi, which works reasonably well except for slow performance in menus and some limitations to zooming on content. If someone can confirm whether the following features will work either as well or better if I switch to LibreElec I'd really appreciate the advice:

- Passthrough audio for DD5.1, DTS etc working through HDMI out.

- Hardware decoding of HEVC X265 content up to 1080p (I don't have a 4K display)

- Support for the USB FLIRC dongle that I use my favorite remote with

- Decent operation with SMB shares from my NAS and Windows desktop PC where I store my video and movie content (hopefully not getting "function not implemented" when browsing the WORKGROUP network group)

If the above are possible (and performance is likely to be snappier, especially in menus and navigation) then I'll waste no time in switchin to LibreElec. Anyone able to share information about their experience will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance folks, and thanks also for taking the time to read my ramblings.