Posts by senzalice

Hahaha would help if I posted the link

Thanks, but it didn't work.

I think i'm in the wrong forum. ?(

In the last 2 pages, two other users, @OzTardis  and  @CanBert have the same issue as me.

@RobzInadE  has a Minix X8H-Plus but i'm not sure if he's running on internal memory ...or on USB/SD?

It's not always clear when people post here, but I've just realized these images need to be installed on INTERNAL memory in order to boot.

If this was made clear in post #1 it would've saved a lot of headaches.

That's why everything i've tried on USB and SD has failed.

I'm not prepared to install on internal memory for fear of bricking my box. =O

Because I'm in a good mood I will repost this good .nocompat file, just right click and extract to zip. Copy that file plus your update file to storage/. update

All the best

Paul

Sorry...but how do I get the .nocompat file? Is there a link?

When you say "Copy that file plus your update file to storage/. update" what exactly am I supposed to do first ? In my previous post I asked what image file do I start with in order to create a "storage/.update" folder?

Yes I'm sure. The chip is S812-H in my box (H i think stands for hardware acceleration or something like that), so the X8H-PLUS image worked for me

Thanks for your response.

Can you give me a starter on how to get LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar booted?

Have you used USB or SD card?

What image did you start with...and what tool did you use for writing image?

If you made the file from windows could be faulty. ;)

Re do it as instruction says

I did make the file from windows 7.

All I find is "make .nocompat file" using a text editor......where are the instructions?

After 2 hours reading, I found someone saying make the file directly in the .update folder using SSH.

I used WinSCP and created a file in the .update folder and then added the .tar file as well (LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar)

Rebooted...and it doesn't boot.

So I give up...not wasting anymore time!!

Demetris

Thanks for your reply.

I did read the section "AMLOGIC MIXED-ARCH BUILDS" previously but saw nothing relevant to my Minix X8H-Plus.

However, reading through it again, I noted the part about ".nocompat" file.

After some research I made the ".nocompat" file and placed it with the ".tar" file in the UPDATE folder.

But it did not work :(

My box:

Minix NEO X8-H Plus

I've used this image:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS

I've got the Minix X8H plus and I've just tried "LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar" in the update folder.

It doesn't work !!! :cursing:

I get the following : ERROR: LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.tar is not compatible with S812.arm hardware - update cancelled.

RobzInadE ... are you sure you got the Minix X8H Plus?

If so, then mind sharing how you got it to work? Thanks.

Can anyone please say why this doesn't work?

It's what I'm doing as well...and it won't boot.

When I do balbes150 images this way they work...so whats different?

Just tried balbes150 latest "LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170622.img.gz" on USB (not working on SD)

- Ethernet good

- wifi good

- Auto frame refresh rate good

- H265 works (8bit)

- IR remote NOT working

- Audio passthrough DD5.1 NOT working

- HDMI-CEC remote working

If only the build I tried previously "LibreELEC-S812.M8S.arm-8.0.2.img.gz 18/04/2017" could be combined with this one, it would be nearly perfect !!

Thanks for your work balbes150.

I decided to burn "LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz" onto an SD card using Etcher.

Not really sure what or how to do "multiboot enabled" or check for it??

But I went ahed and placed the SD card in the M8S, pushed in toothpick & pressed power, I let go toothpick when M8S logo appeared, it continued to boot but soon got an error "not compatible" or something.

Tried again with 3 more different images on SD, same result, no boot.

Then tried "LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz" on a USB stick, it worked...and booted into LibreElec (Krypton 17.3)

However, too unstable for me, no wifi, no DD5.1 passthrough and unable to power off via remote.

I have just finished testing "LibreELEC-S812.M8S.arm-8.0.2.img.gz 18/04/2017) on USB (Krypton 17.1 logo, but build says 17.2)

Ethernet is good

wifi does not connect.

Audio passthrough DD5.1 is working

Auto frame refresh rate works good - smooth video playback

H265 works (8bit)

IR remote works

Menu power off via remote works

could not play a small 4K demo video

Not sure if it works on SD card - might try it later.

I notice that there are no other "LibreELEC-S812.M8S.arm-8.0.2.img.gz" later than 18/4/2017

Would like to try and update to Krypton 17.3 if possible...and also working wifi.

I booted from SD. It was the image LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz

I burned the image to SD with etcher.

My m8s is multiboot enabled. So I just put in the sd-card and power on the device. Since the last lan1000 images I had the "filesystem corruption" error, but with the MXIII-plus image everything works fine. Didn't test it very well though, but remote, wifi and lan works OK.

Hi roel,

I have an M8S.AP6330.201509251800 (KK4.4.2) and would like to try balbes150 image LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz

You said "My m8s is multiboot enabled" ....how do I do this on my box?

I only want to test image...NOT write to nand.

Is LibreElec USB-SD creator ok to use for writing image, or must I use "etcher" like you did?

Thanks for your help.