Posts by styoda

Just an update to say thank you, everything went well and now LE12.

I did notice one of the old Addons, I can't remember which one, didn't work on LE11 and I couldn't uninstall it, but now it's gone and all addons have been reinstalled.

Thanks again Chewitt.

Hi,

I did have LibreElec v9 installed and wanted to upgrade, so last year I thought, ok lets try to upgrade to v11 and see what happens.

All worked well, a few addons not worked so uninstalled and installed the new versions.

Can anyone explain what issues there are upgrading from v9 to v10 or v11?

I'm planning on upgrading to v12, but would like to know what issues are from upgrading from v9.

Running on Intel CPU.

Thanks

Scott

A bit of an odd change, not sure why you would want to show the menu when you press the power button to power Kodi off or suspend it, when there is already several other ways to do the same thing, such as Power Menu, System and press the down button to show Power options (could be the skin with these settings : Aeon Nox: Silvo).

This is the way I fixed it, so when I press the power button on the remote, Kodi powered off, just like it did in 11.0.3.

Create a new file "remote.xml", I did have "keyboard.xml" which worked perfectly well before 11.0.4, and add this code,

Code
    <keymap>
        <global>
            <remote>
                <power>shutdown</power>
            </remote>
        </global>
    </keymap>

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from LibreELEC v9 to v11, which went unexpectedly rather smooth, had a couple of issues, but nothing major.

However, I'm having an issue with trying to wake my NAS when Kodi starts. I did have Advanced Wake On Lan from mandark installed on v9 and this worked well, but is not supported on V11, so having to use the inbuilt Kodi wake on LAN feature and can't get it to work.

This is the wakeonlan.xml file configuration:-

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

I'm not gonna trust some 3rd party tool for "mission-critical" data. :cool:

I agree.

On my old Drobo the volume size limit was 16TB which was formatted with NTFS. LibreELEC could read and write to this without a problem.

I was just asking if LibreELEC would be able to do the same on a 64TB volume. I think Nicolas answered my question.

Thanks for everyone's input.

The Drobo is DAS, not NAS. It's the 5D range, Drobo 5D3 is the latest 5 disk array.

On the older Drobo's with DAS it used to be 16TB volumes, but with the newer versions it's now 64TB volumes. There's no option to create a smaller volume size.

It's a bit like Thin provisioning, so if you have 5 x 6TB disks installed, the volume still would show as 64TB even though the actual storage would be around 27TB (after the disks have been RAID configured)

The volume will be used for LibreELEC and Windows. Not sure EXT4 is supported with Windows.

Hi,

First post on this site, so I do apologise if this the incorrect thread location.

I have an Intel box I created years ago specially for Kodi, a mini-ATX board. All my files have been stored on a Drobo S, direct attached using USB 3.0, with no issue at all.

Now, I'm having some issue with the Drobo S, nothing to do with LibreELEC or Kodi, it's a hardware issue. So I'm thinking of getting a Drobo 5D3, but wandered if anyone here has used a Drobo 5D3 with LibreELEC, any issues or works ok?

Anyone?

Thanks

Scott