Posts by erbas

The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. (Or any rom that is not official).

balbes150 please make it very clear that any unofficial rom will not work. (The message is only talking about CoreELEC).

Balbes is not going to change his sources, this has already been made clear by the same.

clarkss12 You can try to upgrade your ATV rom to universal multi-boot.

maybe it works let us know! Be get perfect.

erbas I'm already on Linux 5.6 and will bump LE master to Linux 5.7 around 5.7-rc2 to keep the patch count under control. This means I am always working on a kernel one version ahead of working media_build support (which always lags) so there's no point in adding the drivers. Once video and audio things are more upstream (around 5.8) we can probably realign with the x86_64 kernel version and reintroduce those drivers.

NB: News on the DVB front is that I submitted the missing pinctrl change on behalf of afl1 (his first in-abstentia commit to the kernel) and those are now merged upstream for Linux 5.7 .. and we've been coaching Availink on their efforts to provide public and modernised sources for their demod and some related tuner drivers. The mainline codebase will need someone to write a new V4L2 compatible demux driver, but I think that can be done, maybe by the Availink folks. I wouldn't expect usable code anytime soon, but there's light at the end of yet another long dark tunnel.

Perfect great clarification!

Well now the many people with usb tuner and availink know about a date to start work.

What may have changed this time? balbes150 Where can the problem be this time?

KI Pro Do not boot, image without boot.

LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200323141745-569f834-amlgx.img.gz

Also tested with aarch64 images to no avail.

Previous images work.

Code
    FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dtb
    LINUX=/KERNEL
    APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0
    Code
    FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-mecool-ki-pro.dtb
    LINUX=/KERNEL
    APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

Make it work! balbes150  chewitt

We need to have fun with your images.

amid quarantine!8o

I'm usually working in a kernel that's +1 release ahead of all the media_tree DVB drivers so they never compile and there's not much point in including them until that changes. Oleg's images might be different.

Well if I understood correctly what I said, will the launch of the K19 alpha1 already be possible to use the media_tree DVB drivers?

If so, do we have a forecast for the K19 alpha launch?

balbes150

I installed the latest Armbian just to update the universal multi-boot. (unsuccessfully the same as an update error)

Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200205.

I tried the image published today: LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200307231201-569f834-amlgx.

To my surprise boot worked, it worked. We have an error in the boot screen and restart.

I tried all driver to detect the mecool KI Pro tuner, TBS5520SE. (without tuner)

chewitt it is possible to give mecool KI Pro tuner drivers a try.

Drivers for TBS5520SE in images of the balbes150 or Index of /  milhouse

Please we want to watch live TV even in HD or SD.

I tested the most recent one: LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200304124329-569f834-amlgx

Do not boot, KI Pro

I tested an earlier version: LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200303122037-569f834-amlgx

Don't boot, KI Pro.

balbes150 The bootable version that works on the KI pro, and only from the day 20200217 is the only one that the boot is working.