X8H_plus => uploaded
1. is boot_autoscript still to be renamed to boot.scr before install?
2. if we have TV's capable to switch resolution, do we whitelist the supported resolutions in Kodi as before?
- it has to be done one time. With the custom android firmware it seems to be not needed anymore.
- With 18.1, it doesn't seems to be required anymore. Even with a empty whitelist (and adjust refresh rate activated), it switch to 24hz if needed.
I have a x8hp(still running KitKat), and a (maybe) stupid question:
Does this LE run on armbian?
And, may I install a window manager on it?
No it runs on a 3.10 linux. (custom amlogic linux/stabilized-optimized by the LE team)
And, may I install a window manager on it? => i would ask this to LE team.
But imo it's not the purpose of LE.
Refreshed your Lollipop version, working normally as an android box.
Installed 18.1 (re-up) on sd card, true shutdown is working. Can restart box using on/off button.
The following is not working:
- Cannot use fixed ip address, need dhcp, using ethernet, not wifi
- MAC address still changes randomly
- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working
Thanks for the feedback, i was missing return about fixed IP on the X8HP.
i will build a test image with a modded dtb.
- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working => what do you mean exactly? just power-on/off the tv ? something with the amp?