X8H_plus => uploaded
1. is boot_autoscript still to be renamed to boot.scr before install?
2. if we have TV's capable to switch resolution, do we whitelist the supported resolutions in Kodi as before?
- it has to be done one time. With the custom android firmware it seems to be not needed anymore.
- With 18.1, it doesn't seems to be required anymore. Even with a empty whitelist (and adjust refresh rate activated), it switch to 24hz if needed.
I have a x8hp(still running KitKat), and a (maybe) stupid question:
Does this LE run on armbian?
And, may I install a window manager on it?
No it runs on a 3.10 linux. (custom amlogic linux/stabilized-optimized by the LE team)
And, may I install a window manager on it? => i would ask this to LE team.
But imo it's not the purpose of LE.
Refreshed your Lollipop version, working normally as an android box.
Installed 18.1 (re-up) on sd card, true shutdown is working. Can restart box using on/off button.
The following is not working:
- Cannot use fixed ip address, need dhcp, using ethernet, not wifi
- MAC address still changes randomly
- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working
Thanks for the feedback, i was missing return about fixed IP on the X8HP.
i will build a test image with a modded dtb.
- CEC control sometimes work, sometimes not working => what do you mean exactly? just power-on/off the tv ? something with the amp?
- freeze when adjust refresh rate not activated => fixed (you may enjoy your box with a old/really old tv not supporting a change of refresh rate)
- mediafire cleaned, only latest images are available
X8HP => building....
(i've also tested netflix (720p), quite impressed by this old box)
hum i can burn the image but cannot upload it, maybe something with mediafire or my isp
getting "connection times out" when attempting to download LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img.gz
Tried chrome, edge and 2 different devices but still doesn't want to download.
LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.tar works fine.
anyone else having this issue?
yep there's something wrong. i will reup the file.
Thanks for the update. I can shutdown on x8h-p but have to unplug to reboot.. I have finless 5.1 on internal if that matters.
if you dare , can you try this firmware?
worst case => reflash
with the right uboot, you just have to push the minix power on/off button
refresh rate stays required
18 final re-up (installtointernal/static ip fixed)
18.1 will follow soon
libreELEC repo “Could not connect to repository”
i guess i need to build the addons for LE9.1 as devices running Linux 3.10 aren't supported anymore
As mentioned I did try the “Final” image on 2 X8H+ but both kept giving the file system error on install. Not sure what the issue is there.
can you try the 17.6 image and let me know which one boots (see #1). Maybe the x8hp dtb's story is back.
and btw what's your firmware version?
Confused end user here,
hoping to update 2 Minix X8H Plus boxes to LibreELEC 9 with Kodi 18.1.
i suggest to use the 18 final x8h-plus image.
the 18.1 image is still a work in progress. i hope to solve it this week-end.
My question is about the Kodi power menu: "Boot from internal(boot to andoid)" just boots the thing back to the SD-card.
Is that because it's the finless bootloader instead of the Minix one?
no i don't think so, it was the same with the minix bootloader.
The reboot script must be reviewed.
there was also a menu item to launch the "installtointernal" script.
it's something that may be reintroduce if needed
1# when I stop a video all system crash, I need to unplug/replug alim to restart.
which log I need to paste for help you ?
2# when I try to installtointernal :
I've tried FINAL version too, installtointernal works but crash on video stop.
1# you need to activate "adjust refresh rate" and define a white list in kodi
2# my bad , it's a recurring missing +x rights. something that i regularly miss to commit in git
cannot reproduce the build working without adjust refresh rate.
i give up.
so fixed until now :
- manual ip
- shutdown (with new bootloader)
i need a break and then i will update to 18.1 or 18.2 if it's avail.