Posts by CGarces

Yes i have openelec installed but the only remote file i can find is in userdata/keymaps, and its the .xml file not the .conf.

.configfiles does not contain any remote files at all?

Hi

To work with LibreELEC you need the remote.conf file. You can ask for the file to a user with the same box, ask there
    Yo can also try to download the android firmware and extract the file.
    P.D. Is the second time that I forward you to the Venz V3 thread...

It is NOT fair to say that S905 and S912 are almost the same. To some respects it is true but for instance at 3D movies the S912 kicks ass to S905. Nevertheless, there are a lot of S912 boxes out there and I can not figure why someone like "chocho" and others will "professionally" advise you so strongly "do not buy S912"! Based on what really??

Based on what?. Well based on the different GPU. As you said S905 and S912 not are the same, one is Mali-450MP and the other is Mali-T820MP3.

For me made sense that an active developer of one software product recommend not buy a SOC that not is (at least not yet) supported.

On MiniMX 1/8 at android wifi speed is very slow.
    Someone make a fix to repair it on Android.
    Dropbox - Link not found

I noticed at LE is the wifi speed bad enough too.
    Possible with this fix file repair the LE build too?
    This fix is maked to 2/16 box too.

The fix that you have attached only update the dtb.img, in theory this procedure do the same on LE

Get the file dtb.img from zip, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

I see that the package used by gpu-aml (gpu-aml-r6p1-01rel0-2364187.tar.xz) comes from gpu-2016-05-04-2364187a0c.tar.gz at Index of /download/ARM/gpu

But there is a newer version (gpu-2016-08-18-fe6d7b1d1b.tar.gz). I can't find a changelog.

In the release notes I just see this note "Update S905X,S905D,S912"

Any one had tested this version? Should I check to compile it, test, and made a PR or not provide any benefit over the current version?

At this point I forked the LE kernel repo as I use more WiFi drivers and older Mali for better performance. I plan to gradually separate the drivers from kernel tree (like it's done in LE)

Ahh, ok that explain why you are compiling mali as module...

Use the drivers from /packages/linux-drivers/ instead of kernel modules looks a easy task for a non expert developer. Can I send a PR? just for this new branch or also in master?

True, even having a read write root fs gives you no benefit compared to installing new software to /storage. Back porting the overlay2 driver to the amlogic kernel for docker support would be the better alternative.

Gerald

GitHub - hardkernel/linux: Linux kernel source tree looks like is compatible with docker

Same SOC, similar kernel... is a good point to start if someone have the time and the skills to backport it to LE.

Thanks CGarces, but which one do you think I should use out of the three there? I have read that people have bricked their Venz boxes doing this and don't want to do the same?

When you say test do you mean put it on an SD card and boot from this? and if this works flash the NAND drive? Sorry if i'm asking noob questions just don't want to mess it up.

SD should be the safe way, don't install it on NAND. But if you don't know who solve a brick... use the SD version at your own risk.
    Sorry but I don't have that device.

Maybe read this help you
    LibreELEC

Consider post your queries on that thread and delete this one.

Try to search again

LibreELEC

If you have any problem with the M8S maybe the people from that thread can help you.

Learn how to use Docker, it will let you run anything without touching LE.

Agree with you in general... but speaking about Amlogic LE builds, not is possible, the kernel not is compatible with the Docker addon.

In any case, from my point of view, try to use LE as generic linux distribution not made sense. Instead of spend time developing something to adapt LE I think that a better approach is spend time fixing a generic distributions like ARMBian.

I formatted your link to remote file to a remote.conf file for BeToven , just to make it clear.
    I don't have this box. Just check you guy's are on same version of LE.
    If it works for you , it should work.
    Leave you guys to it.

What means "formatted my link" there is something wrong?
    I don't blame you is just to enhance my github repo if needed (you can send me a PR!)
    [hr]

What do you mean by execute /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config ?

To test the new remote.conf without rebooting run:

Code
    /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config

LibreELEC

I install latest build in a S905x chip box (V88 PRo) but the original remote is not working at all, none of the keys have action.
    Is there something I can modify to make it working? does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Hi

On previous builds the original remote.conf (from android, without any modification from your side) was working?

in any case, please use this file, copy it to /storage/.config/remote.conf

This is asking developers to post their progress in multiple locations. Which sounds like extra work for developers that already have not enough time on their hands.

But I'm trying to avoid duplicate work. For me the best way is use directly github but not all repositories has the issues tab enabled.

If you have a better idea...