Posts by CGarces

Hi

I'm using the trasnmision addon v.8.1.13 with the comunity version 8.1.5 from @kszaq that use ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

I get the following error

Code
    Aug 21 22:57:15 LibreELEC sh[3757]: transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.39: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

I'm not sure where the update script looks for updates but I see a folder thoradia/8.1/S905/arm/ at github but not one for thoradia/8.2/S905/arm/

It's the reason for the error or I need to look in another place?

Hi!

I have a hp mini 110 148a with libreelec 8.0.2

I need to work with the laptop as stand alone player but also connect to the TV using VGA cable.

I have 3 modes

-LVDS1 Works ok but not is the desired behaviour, I need VGA output.

-Default. LVDS and VGA works at de same time but VGA output show the entire window resized in a small frame.

-VGA1. When I change to this mode, the 2 outputs (VGA and laptop) goes to black, I only see the pointer on the VGA. So I do the following

• I click on left and press enter to accept the new configuration
    • reboot
    • After reboot, I see the window cropped (I not see en entire window, only a portion)
    • If I select "blank other displays" and reboot the system again I see the VGA at full screen

xrandr give me this values connected to one VGA external monitor:

Also mote that fn+f4 key that I assume that is used to change the output on windows, not works.

My questions are.

• How can I get proper logs to get more detailed information? specially to understand what happens when I select "VGA" and the screen goes to black.
    • How can I configure the fn+f4 button?
    • It's possible configure the "default" configuration and see the laptop and VGA at full screen at the same time?

Ultimately if there's no list, no discussion, no recommendations then it's just a lottery. I don't understand how that's better but hey-ho.

That's not true.

There is a set of officially supported devices with Amlogic Chipset, like Odroid or wetek devices.

About the list... no made sense at all as explained by mmpp

Maybe a list of wifi chipset not supported by the community build made more sense.

Hi.

I have made this small bash to check if one package is updated or not, using the github api.

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Only works for packages stored on github.
    • If the package use release numbers instead of commits, sometimes the release not is found at /repos/$OWNER/$REPO/releases/latest

Usage.
    ./getversion.sh github_user:github_pwd > results.out

Note that the $ROOT is hardcoded, and maybe bash is not my best skill. Is just a proof of concept.

I'm trying to configure transmision to start after mount my usb unit.

I have created one init.sh file at ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.transmission with this content

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.transmission # cat init.sh 
    systemctl start var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

I get this on the logs

Code
    Jan 01 01:00:16 LibreELEC sh[2493]: Failed to start var-media-sdax2dusbx2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount: Unit var-media-sdax2dusbx2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount not found.

I'm doing something wrong, but how can I get the correct unit name?

I am actually working on this, but I have big problems compiling Kszaqs build (even without any modifications :s ) and its hard to get help on LE, so I am working on trial and error. but my goal is to make it work, since his version seems better than AlexEleec (which seems more focused on getting pirated video working :( )

The reason I used AlexElec in the first place was because he had emulationstation working, I don not like the banned addons and a lot of the russian stuff, so I removed it all but it was not an easy task for me, since I am a complete newbie to the world of libreleec and compiling for linux in general.

I will keep you posted if a make Kszaqs build work with all my changes.

I have some free time in the weekend, fell free to ping me with the errors that you have and the github branch that you are using, maybe I can help.

I have a very strange error using 7.0.3.012i

My external USB2 HHD spin down frequently and stop working wile I'm playing some movie.

Previous versions was working fine and I don't remember any relevant change done on the system, just the version updates.

Is something different on the USB management on revision "i" or is my hdd dying?

Hi niabi

Have you considered start a fork of kszaq code instead of use the ones from AlexELEC (AlexELEC is kszaq + banned addons)?.

-It will made more easy to track changes between your code and the mainstream.
    -It's more easy rebase your changes to the last version of kszaq.
    -Made more easy send PR to kszaq if you find some error.
    -And last but not less important. Keep the commits history, maintaining the authorship of the original developers.

7.0.3.012h build is available to download with some minor tweaks and added BCM4335A0/B0 firmware. I'll update OP soon.

Thanks for continue working on 7.x stack!

Honestly I don't understand (well I understand the development cycle, but I'm not agree) why we don't have new stable releases from upstream like Kodi 16.2 or Libreelec 7.1 to fill the gap between new mayor versions. Last stable version from Kodi was from April 2016!.

I'm using LibreElec 7.95.1 Generic x86_64

My System is a AM1 motherboard with AMD Kabini (Seprom 2650 with Radeon R3 APU)

I have 2 problems.

• I'm not sure if the standard Xorg confirguration is the correct one for my system.
    • GPU and CPU temps are incorrect.

I see this at /etc/X11/xorg-radeon.conf:

Code
    LibreELEC:/etc/X11 # cat xorg-radeon.conf
    Section "Device"
            Identifier  "AMD Graphics"
            Driver      "radeon"

# uncomment the following options to use DRI3 and glamor, otherwise DRI2 and exa
            # Option      "DRI3"        "1"
            # Option      "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    Endsection

But at Xorg logs...

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i DRI3
    [4042216.828] (**) RADEON(0): DRI3 enabled

So I'm using DRI3 + GLAMOR? not DRI2 and exa as specified in the xorg-radeon.conf comment?
    Is the correct/better configuration for my GPU?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lspci
    00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Kabini [Radeon HD 8240 / R3 Series]

Also receive incorrect temperatures in the system information.

CPU and GPU show 1ºC

How can I get usefully information to fix this problem?

Just installed 7.0.3.012c to try with docker service.

I can do "docker pull libreelecarm/transmission" successfully but how to enable/start transmission?

Code
    # docker run libreelecarm/transmission container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:359: container init caused \"could not create session key: function not implemented\"" docker: Error response from daemon: invalid header field value "oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused \"process_linux.go:359: container init caused \\\"could not create session key: function not implemented\\\"\"\n".

I'm a big fan of docker containers, but in this specific case... consider use a plugin instead of the overhead of a container.

GitHub - thoradia/thoradia: Add-ons for LibreELEC
    LibreELEC

Id the port forwarded to the local ip address of your device?

What are you wanting to reach at Port 9091?

I have tested the ports with for example Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

I have opened also the port 8080 to check the Kodi GUI, with the same results, connection refused. 9091 is another web server that is running fine if I check it from the local ip.

I'm very confused, looks like all request goes to my router and not are redirected to the local ip.

I think that not is an addon problem... maybe something wrong in my router.

Fixed. Was a limitation of the firmware. It's a re-branded router provided by my ISP. After flash it with the original DLINK firmware, works as expected.

I'm using inadyn 2.0 with Libreelec 7 (one comunity build for S905 devices)

The configuration of the addon looks ok.

Code
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting inadyn...
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC inadyn[3002]: [[0;1;39mIn-a-dyn version 2.0 -- Dynamic DNS update client.[[0m
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started inadyn.
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC inadyn[3002]: Cached IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for [myuser].hopto.org from previous invocation.
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC inadyn[3002]: Last update of [myuser].hopto.org on Mon Jan  9 22:46:06 2017
    Jan 09 22:54:02 LibreELEC inadyn[3002]: Checking for IP# change, connecting to ip1.dynupdate.no-ip.com(52.2.86.121:80)
    Jan 09 22:54:03 LibreELEC inadyn[3002]: No IP# change detected for [email protected], still at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have opened in my router the port 9091 and the web server is runing (I see it using the local ip 192.168.1.x)

If I go to [myuser].hopto.org... I see my router... I don't know why. I haven't exposed the port 80.

I have tried [myuser].hopto.org:9091 and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9091 but not works.

Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP has a web page to check if one specific port is open, 9091 looks fine.

Any idea about why I can't access to my LibreElec device using :9091?

I am surprised to see a backslash in the mount service name.
    You can check for the exact service name with the systemctl command.

Incidentally, what flavour of service.transmission add-on are you using?
    The one provided by Thoradia allows to define a custom initialization script in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/init.sh.
    This script is called each time service.transmission is started.
    You can use this script to delay startup, mount a volume, start a (mount) service, etc.

Hi thoradia

After using my own compilation I have recently moved to your repository. I'm using the version 7.

This is the result of
    # systemctl list-units | grep -i toshiba

Code
    var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount                                                                            loaded active mounted   /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

If I add [email protected] the addon looks like start after the unit are mounted, I not see anymore the "Error: No data found", but all my files are in paused status. I don't know why.

This is my current configuration

Code
    [Unit]
    Description=transmission
    After=network-online.target [email protected]
    Requires=network-online.target [email protected]
    #After=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount
    #Requires=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

BTW I not see the init.sh

I have modified bin/transmission.start