Posts by donbrew

It is linux samba that requires a password, just use the user login for the W10 machine then choose remember. You may want to create a user on windows, depending on your level of paranoia/expertise; I just use one account as admin.

Is there a problem with enabling samba and setting the shares with file manager? Samba is already activated on Windows, You just need to set the folder sharing, I am not paranoid I set them to "share with everyone". IIRC, it is even easier after you do all of the MYSQL stuff, that is more complicated than I want to be.

No complicated linux editing involved.

The samba.conf is in /storage/.config it will be used instead of the smb.conf that is read only. The hosts.conf and lircd.conf go there too. Edit and rename the sample to "samba.conf".

And where did I say that I did not look at the wiki?
    From my post #96
    " I have enabled cron in kodi settings and set my system time and set a crontab to run, but nothing runs. My script runs manually, just cron won't do anything. "

By the way, the same script and crontab (modified for the different directory structures and permissions) worked in Raspbian. Also stated previously.

I do know how to edit crontab, I had it working on Raspbian. I diddled with it on libreelec for several DAYS, I don't have much else to do.

I don't think the cron daemon was running, and I couldn't figure out how to make it run. The internet has the answer to everything except what I want to know.

WebGrab++.service is in the repository, I just didn't think to look since I installed it the first time from your link in the other (closed) thread.

What a journey!
    I am back to this addon, even though I don't really want to run it 4 times a day. I could not get cron to run in LibreELEC, I got everything working in Raspbian but could not get Lirc to work (so no Kodi for me), rumor has it that cron works in OpenELEC but can't install mono.

Luck for me I stored service.webgrabplus.zip on a harddrive since the link in the first post has disappeared.

How did you make cron work in LibreELEC? I have enabled cron in kodi settings and set my system time and set a crontab to run, but nothing runs. My script runs manually, just cron won't do anything.

On a different note: where does cron put the mail notification in LibreELEC?

Sorry off topic, but nobody answers my thread asking the same question.

The reason for this is; I have a RPi 1B with only 1 core and webgrab takes more than an hour to run with no mdb job. I have installed the regular Linux WebGrab++ and want it to grab 2 days every day in the middle of the night.

I did have this add-on working, I just decided I needed more control.

Evidently, the MDB program got broken with a recent update, according to their forum.

I have enabled cron in LibreELEC settings. My system time is correct.

I want a script to run ever night at 1 A.M.

I can run the script manually by typing "/storage/update.sh"

I had the program running under Raspbian cron.

My root crontab:
    00 1 * * * /storage/update.sh > /dev/null

I don't need cron to email a report, the app has it's own log.