Posts by Noumenon

I’m having trouble getting 4K HDR playback working on my NUC11. I just did a fresh install of beta1. It seems that 4k23.98hz files won’t output video. if I un-whitelist 23.98, then it plays back at 4k60, but stutters (also I don’t have HD audio working yet). I have played all these files back via coreelec on my odroid n2 at 4k24 previously.

here is a log where it fails to play at 23.98hz

hastebin

any thoughts?

thanks

edit: also when playing back at 4k60 it is not outputting the correct color space. its sending out rec709 and not bt2020

edit2: I don’t know what it is doing. my projector says the color space is RGB 8bit, when usually it says YUV 12bit. the colorimetry is labelled sRGB instead of bt2020. however it does say it is HDR. definitely not quite right though.

I’m looking for some hardware recs and it seems like it still isn’t straightforward what the best x86 option for 4k HDR and HD audio is. I’ve been using an odroid and coreelec for the past few years, but its time to upgrade and I’d like to go with a NUC. A few years ago I used a NUC baby canyon, but it never worked with libreelec for the newest formats (as I recall it was a driver (LPSCON?) problem).

what are the best supported options if I am buying a new NUC? do I go with a newer NUC11ATKPE or is an older NUC7CJYH a better supported option? since I’m looking to buy new hardware, I want the least headache and the most compatibility. Ideally I’d also like to run the interface in 4k and for it to be super snappy - hence my desire for a NUC over a RPI.

thoughts?