Posts by vitorp07

Ahh.. my bad, it's nvidia-xconfig that we include not nvidia-settings. The nvidia-settings code requires Qt and a load of other not-otherwise-needed stuff to run so it could be packaged up as an add-on, but this probably needs to be a user-community effort as I'm not sure any of the core devs will be too interested in the task. It might be worth seeing how nvidia-settings actually implements the LED status changes as it's probably just code wrapping to simplify setting of things via other means.

I will try to make an addon with that then.
    Thanks for your clear explanation :)

Go to your motherboard Bios, check in the boot tab and make sure the secure boot option is disabled if you have that.
    Also it is possible that EasyBCD did not create the nst folder or boot files properly, this happens to me from time to time.
    Did you install LibreELEC first following the tutorial?
    What is the hardware you are trying to install to; MB,CPU,GPU?

Backup size increase because more thumbnails are being saved.
    You can delete every files and folders inside the thumbnails folder and it will give you a lot of space back but your system will save these thumbnails again eventually.
    Folder is located there; storage\.kodi\userdata\Thumbnails

If this can help you, that happened to me twice.
    First time is when using cheap usb thumbdrive.
    Second time was when trying to install on Skylake based cpu with with builds with Kernel below 4.4.2(which is not your problem here).
    I would try with a respected brand usb thumbdrive and also try doing this before preparing the usb with LibreELEC(start at #4 with Diskpart and be careful selecting the right usb thumbdrive and not your harddrive at that part, select disk #usb thumbdrive#) .
    If it doesn't work i would try without the graphics card installed to see if it boots.
    Which LibreELEC file are you using for your install?

As of now this will work only if both OS can be installed in Bios/Legacy mode not EFI/UEFI so adjust accordingly your settings in Bios/UEFI.
    To Dual boot with Windows it will be easier if you install LibreELEC first.

You need:
    - Empty hard drive or be prepared to wipe your drive
    - USB stick with LibreELEC installation files (use the “LibreELEC USB-SD Creator” to download and install the files to the USB stick)
    - Copy of your favorite bootable live Linux distribution with GParted (i use Ubuntu LTS 32bits version,loaded with GParted already)
    - Windows installation media
    - A copy of EasyBCD 2.3

Then follow this sequence:
    - Install LibreELEC from the USB stick (This will wipe your drive!!)
    - Restart the computer with your live Linux system and start GParted
    - You will see 2 ext4 partitions: System (~512MB) and Storage (rest of your drive's capacity)(if the partition names are different it's ok it will still work)
    - Reduce the size of the Storage partition to your preferred value (min. 4GB)(i set it to 10GB)
    - Create a NTFS partition with the rest of the space available for Windows(at this point you should have 3 partitions on your drive,2 ext4 and 1 NTFS)
    - Flag Windows partition as BOOT
    - Shut down the computer and remove the live Linux media
    - Restart the computer with the Windows installation media and install Windows(if you used GParted correctly you will see the NTFS partition to install Windows)
    - Restart the computer, it will boot into Windows, don't worry that there is no sign of LibreELEC at this point.
    - Install EasyBCD and start the program.
    - Create a new boot entry, select the Linux tab and select Syslinux as bootloader, your LibreELEC boot path will be displayed.
    - Adjust all settings (names, default boot, timeout etc.) and save everything.
    - Restart your computer, at this point if you configured the Windows boot manager properly via EasyBCD you should have the option to boot Windows or LibreELEC.