Posts by vitorp07

@RDan
    At your place i would have plug the hard drive in another computer already and installed from there then re plug the hard drive in the laptop.
    Afterwards to update LibreELEC it will easy just copy the .TAR file in the .update folder or use the built-in update feature, you won't need to do all that.
    Your laptop obviously has a problem with booting a GUID partition table and even the last trick i showed you with Rufus might not work for you.

EDIT: I think for the "sda1" to work you would need to format your hard drive in two ext4 partitions with a linux live cd first but i might be wrong here.

Just to make sure, did you set a Supervisor Password? because they say the Secure Boot Configuration tab won't be visible without it.
    The link i posted was for your laptop model(LIFEBOOK AH531) directly from it's manufacturer.
    Do as @escalade told you, if we can find the right line to put in "syslinux.cfg" it will work.

This is how you get to disable Secure boot and enable CSM on your laptop: http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/supportsearch.do?srch=FAQ&Series=A%20Series&Model=AH531&ProductType=Notebook%20PC#securebios

• Set Supervisor BIOS Password

• A. Turn the computer on and enter BIOS by pressing F2
      • B. Use the arrow keys to select the Security tab
      • C. Select Set Supervisor Password and press Enter
      • D. In the Enter Password field, type a password and press Enter
      • E. In the Confirm New Password field, type a password and press Enter
      • F. Setup will notify you the Changes have been saved, press Enter
    • On the Security Tab under Secure Boot Configuration set Secure Boot Option to Disabled
    • On the Advanced Tab set CSM to Enabled

Do that and the normal install should work after

1-Install LibreELEC to your USB with the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.
    2-Create a new folder on your desktop and transfer all the files from your USB to your new folder.
    3-Open Rufus2.11, select your USB.
    4-In "Partition scheme and target system type" select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI.
    5-In "Create a bootable disk using" select Syslinux 6.03.
    6-Click Start.(at this point your USB will be MBR and bootable)
    7-Transfer all the files for your new folder back to the USB and keep the files Rufus created "autorun.inf,ldlinux.c32" in the USB.
    8-Reboot and enjoy

At this point i also believe it is because your laptop can not boot from a GPT, i know there is tools to convert from GPT to MBR without loss of data.
    You can install LibreELEC manually using a live CD/USB like Ubuntu to create two EXT4 partitions then copy the necessary files.

In my bios are items such as video.
    LL79pohp7ru1uo8A8

I see this in the boot menu.

I stress once again:
    That same flashdrive working on it when I create a boot image from an ISO file.
    C6wNAfJFoXvyWVk88

No Secure boot in bios option?

Did you try this,
    Reinstall LibreELEC in the USB drive using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, you can check the show all box and try v7.90.010ALPHA if you want, when done delete this file "bootx64.efi" in LIBREELEC:EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi
    And retry

If this doesn't work ultimately you can take the hard drive out of the laptop plug it in another machine, install LibreELEC and then re plug the hard drive in your laptop.
    Or
    You can try one of the tools out there to make a GPT partition table bootable on your device

No, i have installed LibreELEC on many different systems.
    Not every generic x86-64 system i did had UEFI bios and when they do have UEFI i switch to CSM-support in bios,
    because i prefer and find it easier to dual boot with Windows boot manager using syslinux bootloader for LibreELEC.
    My guess is your BIOS is not configured right or USB drive is bad or flashed incorrectly or your laptop is trying to boot the USB drive in EFI mode.
    Please disable Secure Boot in bios(Security tab) if you find it and take a look at this video and make sure any reference to your USB drive is not in the excluded from boot order. how to fix usb not found boot menu fujitsu lifebook - YouTube

Reinstall LibreELEC in the USB drive using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, you can check the show all box and try v7.90.010ALPHA if you want, when done delete this file "bootx64.efi" in LIBREELEC:EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi
    And retry

If this doesn't work ultimately you can take the hard drive out of the laptop plug it in another machine, install LibreELEC and then re plug the hard drive in your laptop.

What happens when you try to boot the USB drive? black screen?
    Can you try with another USB drive i had problems in the past with these Verbatim STORE N GO.
    Also try a different USB port on the laptop.
    Your USB drive should be named LIBREELEC after installing the image to the drive, did you extract LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.3.img.gz before using rufus?

RDan Assuming your are running Windows try this,
    Download Rufus 2.11 Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way.
    Download and extract LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.3.img.gz once extracted you will have the file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.3.img.
    Open Rufus select your USB disk and click where it says "create a bootable disk using" it will open a window to select your file which will be hidden since it is not an .ISO, you have to select All files at the bottom right of the window then select your file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.3.img like so:
    It should look like this:
    Click start,ok,ok.
    When finished your USB disk will be named LIBREELEC and have exactly these files in it:

Restart your laptop and boot from your USB disk you should see the bootloader Syslinux 6.03, at that point if you want to install to your internal hard drive do not type anything until you get to the installer menu.

To make sure it is not UEFI what is the exact model of your laptop?

If i understand what you are saying is, you have a laptop without UEFI bios.
    Trying to boot your laptop with a USB stick created with the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, it do not boot but it will boot with the same USB stick with an image of Ubuntu?