Posts by Forage

Hey guys, I heard a lot about s905 and s905x. What about s905d (KI PRO)? Is S905d so compatible like s905 and s905x for libreelec? What about Mali drivers? I'm thinking to buy one s905d because I read that s905d is so much better than s905x... but I don't want to get one that is like a s912 that it is a monster on performance but it hasn't (for while) drivers/softwares support... so.. which should I buy? (I like that it has a DVB-C and DVB-S... but maybe I can buy a DVB-C/DVB-S PCI express to make a TvHeadEnd server on my linux PC and streaming it on others cheap boxes... i need to think about.. my lan is 1gbps but I don't believe so much on share/stream on my lan.. I bet that it will get some freezing while watching live tv.. )

Please keep S905 discussion in its dedicated thread.

If I reboot, it boots into Android again NOT LibreELEC...

Since you booted back to Android again, you'd have to perform the same steps to boot to LE again as you have done for your initial boot to LE. There is no way to do this from the Android interface. Multiple options might work for you to boot to LE, as described here:

[HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device But you'd have to try it yourself as the options that work differ for the different devices.

Of course, I know ))).

But I thought, that there could be professionals, who know, how to solve such problem :).

Those professionals would prefer separating topics in appropriate forums and appropriate threads, keeping this thread limited to S912 discussion in general. You're better off with a separate thread when it gets too device specific.

Hi,

The OSCam add-on provided in the default LE repository contains build r11350 of OSCam. Due to issues with a new decoder card I need a newer build, but I can't find it anywhere.

I found one here, but despite a add-on version number increase from 103 to 104, it appears to still contain build r11350.

I'm not sure where the current add-on comes from, but would it be possible to update it to include the most recent version of OSCam? Or would you know where I can find I more recent build for an S912?

Again, please, start a discussion for this in a different/new thread. This thread is not the place for it. You're busy with something that applies to any device, not just the S905, nor AMLogic for that matter. You'll get more and better help elsewhere, as well as that you're not polluting this thread, which is about just S905 related matters. You need to keep things separated to make it easier for yourself and others.

Ok.. I get the point.. no worries will try to find in on my own. Just though I could talk to someone who might have faced such issue. Guess none else did. Thanks for all your help.

Loads of people have, that's the point. There are plenty of resources already available to you to help you. You have to make an effort yourself first. We are happy to help if you have an actual problem, just as long as you keep the topics separated.

If you have a K1, you should not use the C2 image. Either start over with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.img.gz or get LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.tar, put it in the update folder and reboot to update.