Posts by Forage

Is there a tutorial to do this.

Need Putty for up/downgrade Kodi or can you make it right from LibreElec?

Why would you want this? What is the problem you're trying to solve? It doesn't really make sense to do this. You are better off installing an older LE build if you really need an older version of Kodi or wait for a new build if you really need a newer version. LE is not like a random Linux distribution where you can just install or remove packages. You'd need to recompile the whole platform for one package (version) change.

Check the wiki for instructions if you really insist on going down this road and discuss issues in a separate forum thread if you get stuck.

Can we please move all this off-topic stuff to either a new thread or even better: the Kodi forum?

It has nothing to do with the S912, nor LE for that matter.

Tethering requires a wireless driver that supports AP modes. Not all drivers support it and it is not possible to reliably pre-detect whether a driver supports it so the option shows in the GUI even if the driver doesn't. If it doesn't work, 99.99% the driver doesn't support it.

I'm sorry to hear the state of support is that low.

Is there at least a reliable way to detect that the lack of AP modes support was the cause of tethering failing when trying to activate it? Or is the lack of LE telling when trying to do so already my answer?

I'm just now starting to use WiFi on this device, having used just a wired connection until now.

The experience I had so far would be best labelled "unstable" I suppose.

All in the LE settings section:

1. The available connections seem to randomly disappear under "Connections". While they randomly come back sometimes, the only 'reliable' method I found was to toggle WiFi off and on again under "Network". When one of the two connections is actually connected it will remain in the list.
    2. Only one of the two connections can actually connect at a given time. Not that you really need two, but it does feel a bit awkward.
    3. When enabling "Tethered" under "Network", both connections disappear under "Connections" and there is no new wireless LE network to be found by other WiFi devices.
    4. Enable "Tethered" under "Network", followed by disabling the "Active" option to disable wireless networks, followed by activating the same setting again and you will have all settings under "Network" listed twice.
    5. Being connected to a wireless network seems to prevent the screensaver from kicking in. It will dim, followed by undimming a few seconds, up to a minute, later again automatically

What has been your experience?

I'm especially interested in tethering, if it would allow me to pass the wired internet connection through, to increase my WiFi coverage in the house. Did any of you got this to work?

I'm on the latest s912 8.1.9 build, but I figured most issues could be related to just the KIII.

Does preferred audio language setting work in LibreElec for LiveTV?

If I change audio track to 2nd available track, than it uses 2nd audio track(if available) on all tv channel too. But it's not preferred audio language track.

If I change it back to 1st track, than it uses 1st track on all tv channels again

Sounds like a general Kodi issue. You're better off discussing that in the Kodi forum.

Booting to Android Recovery or TWRP Recovery sometime may be enough to stop LibreELEC from Autobooting again when you power on or reboot from Android.

In that case simply hold in the Reset button again, or whatever method you first used - when connecting power to restart autobooting into LibreELEC.

I performed the reboot process a couple of times going from LE to Android and back again and it will keep going back to LE automatically now indeed. I'm 100% sure that I had to perform the reset button method again in the past to get back to LE, so there must have been some instability in LE builds and/or Android booting at the time.

I know it's running on the SD Card, but some installation starts directly on a sd card if present and there is some option to reboot from one to another.

Once you started LE once from SD card, using one of the methods described in the installation guide, your box will automatically boot from the SD card again the next time. This is the case as long as you don't specifically request to boot to Android (either by the menu option from the LE UI or by removing the SD card).

It will basically boot automatically to the the last OS you used.

Once you used Android again, you will have to repeat the steps from the installation guide you used to boot to LE the first time to get LE again.

All this is independent of the version of Android you have.

If you have an actual problem, please tell us what it is exactly.