Posts by epias

I already tested this with 4.15-rc8 a couple of days ago, and it doesn't work, never has. Although USB is powered in suspend, the system will not wake. I never tried the internal USB 2.0 headers, maybe someone could try this.

You should however be able to wake the NUC (from S3/S4/S5) by means of CIR, CEC (tested) and maybe WoL. The Power RC6 Code is MCE EFC 050 / OBC 12 / Hex 0C.

At the time of writing I was on a stable 8.2.0 milhouse build. Now I'm back to the latest 8.1.2 version. But no matter which version I install the four HDMI ports have always been there. They have been there since I bought the NUC and installed 8.0.1 on it which was the latest version at that time.

I'm asking, because I have seen the same (more HDMI ports) on a different (newer) Linux kernel on my NUC6CAYH.

Than again that does not explain why my audio output device says Displayport #0 while the NUC is physically connected with HDMI to my HDMI switch.

Internally it's connected to DisplayPort -> LSPCON -> HDMI.

Couldn't it be that HDMI0/Displayport0 is my physical HDMI port and HDMI1 - HDMI4 are the 4 HDMI ports on my switch?

I have no HDMI switch connected, and still see 3 HDMI devices, without the patch. I will look into it more after upgrading to 8.2. Of course you can disconnect the switch to find out, but I highly doubt it's the switch. Your alsa-info.txt only lists 3 HDMI/DP ports. As a test: try booting with 'options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1', and there should be no HDMI.

One remark though. I did not have the possibility to install the 1.66 HDMI firmware update as stated here

As weird as it sounds, I have have an 2013 Panasonic TV with an 1.4 HDMI port and could perform the LSPCON update to FW 1.66. Booted from a Windows 10 USB HDD.

Sorry for possible stupid questions, I'm not so familiar with all this. Then after that in the [pincfg] section. I found the pincfg of my audio devices. It should be 0x411111f0. The HEX number before the pincfg is the node number of the device to hide I presume?

HDMI 0 = 0x05, HDMI 1 = 0x06, HDMI 2 = 0x07. Don't know where HDMI 3 and 4 are coming from. Are you running LibreELEC beta?

BTW: If you want to change hwC0D0 (Realtek ALC283) you will have to add a separate section with Vendor Id, Subsystem Id and Address for the Realtek device.

So if I want to eliminate listing of HDMI1 to HDMI4 the [pincf] section should look like this. Is this correct?

Code
    [codec]
    0x8086280b 0x80860101 2
    [pincfg]
    0x07 0x411111f0
    0x08 0x411111f0
    0x09 0x411111f0
    0x0a 0x411111f0

Change that into:

Code
    [codec]
    0x8086280b 0x80860101 2

[pincfg]
    0x06 0x411111f0
    0x07 0x411111f0

Don't forget to create a '/storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf' file and check correct loading in dmesg. Look for the snd_hd_intel 'Applying patch firmware...' line. It will definitely not remove HDMI 3 and 4. I will have to look into that.

Is this just a cosmetic issue or does it change something about the pass-through problems. What about the pincfg. What is the pincfg stuff and where can I find it for the NUC7I5BNK?

In this case it is just cosmetic, because the HDMI/DP are non-existent ports (with a NUC6CAYH). The default pincfg is read from the BIOS, but can be overridden, as I described in my previous post.

I tried to run the alsa-info.sh script but it gives me errors:

alsa-info.sh will create a file 'alsa-info.txt.[random]' in '/tmp'. You can ignore the errors.

To remove bogus HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. This applies to a NUC6CAYH but the principle is the same. Some systems could have more HDMI ports, including DP.

create:

/storage/.config/firmware/hda.fw:

[codec]

0x8086280a 0x80860101 2

[pincfg]

0x06 0x411111f0

0x07 0x411111f0

and

/storage/.config/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:

options snd-hda-intel patch=hda.fw

Run `alsa-info.sh' to find out the correct Vendor Id, Subsystem Id and Address, e.g.:

Codec: Intel Broxton HDMI

Address: 2

AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 0)

Vendor Id: 0x8086280a

Subsystem Id: 0x80860101

reboot

# aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog]

Subdevices: 0/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC283 Digital [ALC283 Digital]

Subdevices: 1/1

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Subdevices: 1/1

You would think that a technical website like this would come up with something better than this. This is just the same bad design you see popping up everywhere... And forced smooth scrolling aaahhhhhh!

After upgrading from 8.0.1f to 8.0.1g, I discovered that the picture freezes when changing channels using the channel up/down keys. Changing channels using the channels menu works fine.

I'm using pvr.iptvsimple-v2.4.4 with a Mini M8S II (gxl_p212_2g). Reverting back to 8.0.1f fixes the problem.