Posts by blueribb

Regarding the USB keyboard you need to get more information what is causing the problem.

Best start with wired keyboard and test in any available USB port.

Repeat with the wireless keyboard. Please keep in mind that for best transmission the keyboard should "see" the USB dongle.

I tested with a wired and wireless keyboard. They both work exactly the same. Only a few keys work correctly. There has to be a way to communicate properly with this new NUC. My old NUC worked fine.

Intel NUC Model: NUC11TNKi3

Both my Harmony 665 and Logitech wireless keyboard worked flawlessly with my old 2013 NUC (DC53427HYE) but have lost functionality with the new NUC. I can see the Remote needing some new keymapping, but I can't get my keyboard to work most of the Kodi functions at all. I asked this over at the Intel Forum, but in case no one answers, maybe someone here could help. Shouldn't the keyboard always work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's fixed!

I got a reply from the Intel Forum. The member said to try HDMI port #2 on the NUC11, and that this is a known issue when using HDMI port #1.

Since there are many, many audio related threads affecting later model NUCs, would it be possible to spread this tip to them all?

I have been running a really old Intel NUC (from 2013) with great results. It was showing signs of failing, so I just bought a 1 year old NUC at half price and thought I got a great deal - well, that was until I ran across the infamous "NUC 11 No Audio Syndrome". GUI sounds, music and some DD videos play great with perfect sound. Once I select a DTS - HD Master Audio file or another HD audio file, the sound shuts off. At this point, even GUI sounds are gone. A reboot brings them back though. After searching the forums, it seems I'm not alone. Those other threads were never resolved. Is this a problem that will eventually get fixed?

Old NUC: DC53427HYE (i5-3427U)

New NUC: NUC11TNKi3 (i3-1115G4) hdmi 2.0b

My NUC connects to a 3 year old Yamaha AVR (RX-A780), which connects to an old Sony TV (KDL-46XBR6)

LE 11.0.1

A lot of Multimeters (like the Fluke 87) have a MIN/MAX Record position for just this problem. If you don't have a Multimeter, maybe you could borrow one to test your line voltage variations. Leave the multimeter plugged in for 24 or more hours and then press the min/max button to see the recorded low and high voltage readings. It's really simple.

Note: The more expensive Multimeters like the Fluke have a much faster sampling rate (250 uS), so if the house voltage variation is 250 microseconds or more, it will be recorded. If the voltage spike or drop is smaller than 250 microseconds, the only instrument capable of measuring the voltage variation would be a scope.

Search YouTube for "multimeter min max function" for videos on this subject

The fix works, but the subtitles cannot be loaded.

Thank you

This is being discussed on the YouTube Addon Thread on both Github & on Kodi's Forum. I think some posters have found a way to get subtitles working again.

Edit: It's mentioned briefly in the Github Thread. The poster said it may be due to the "alternative client" settings in the addon.

Using HDMI, you're working with a digital source for both audio and video. A good Receiver (AVR) or Preamp would contain a DAC.

Good Picture quality should be determined by a Monitor or TV.

For the best 2-channel Ultra HD music, I highly recommend the Amazon Fire TV Cube (built-in Alexa). Sign up for an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription. If you're an Amazon Prime Member, a 1-year subscription starts at $89. Their music catalog has over 100-Million songs to choose from. You can make multiple playlists. This has nothing to do with Libreelec though.

LE/Kodi can play multi-channel SACD files, which is something the Fire TV Cube can't do.

Thanks! Yes the keyboard did work.

Now i need a new wireless mouse. There's a ton of mice to choose from on the net. Do you have anything that worked

I would think any mouse would work that has a "smooth" wheel and not one that has notches or clicks when you spin it. You might be able to modify your mouse to eliminate that click, but I'm not sure. Good Luck

I'm guessing you mean Libreelec 11.0.1 (Kodi 20.1). Since that's Kodi NEXUS, it requires the YouTube 7.0.X addons. The YouTube 6.8.26 versions are for Libreelec 10.0.X (Kodi 19 Matrix). A lot of people are getting this mixed up.

The Alpha1 and Alpha3 releases, along with turning off MPEG-DASH is still working for me on all videos. The Github page no longer hosts those files though. I managed to save them and it's a good thing I did. They work at 720p and you can't FF too far or time search a video without the video dropping out, but for basic HD playback, it's work just fine. I can wait until they release a better version.

Alpha2 and Alpha4 don't work at all for me and for most people that tried them.