Posts by Bruur

First off great work you have done here Kszak.

I'm just wondering if someone is able to help me here. I accidentally installed to internal prior to getting my remote.conf so my remote is no longer working apart from the power button. I have contacted my supplier COOLEAD for my 2G Q-Box and they sent me stock firmware download. This Zip is a traditional style with the recovery, another zip which is signed.

Is there anyway i can get the file i require for my remote without the hassle of re installing it onto my box.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I got you covered!

Just to check something with you guys:

I want to do a clean install with the latest 7.3.2.011 32 bit version from a previous 64 bit LibreElec version. Can I do this by inserting the appropriate SD card and booting from SD into LibreElec using the hidden reset button and then installing it to NAND. Does this completely wipe my NAND and rewrite it with the 32 bit version? Including the correct devicetree (which was used on the SD card)?

If so, can I restore a backup in LibreElec which was made in a previous 64 bit version? Or do I after a restore need to clean the addon cache and to update by force refreshing every repository?

It runs fine on my newly purchased S905 2/16GB Q-box.
    Burned the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img build with the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb device tree on an old USB stick using Rufus.
    After some messing and retrying (unplugged USB-remote-control stick and LAN, Rufus USB stick in the first USB port on the left), the Q-box booted libreelec using the toothpick method!

I have a Q-Box too, I didn't use this device tree and used the default one. I'll try this and see if it works better (I have random freezes at boot).

Why don't you install LibreElec to NAND by the way? Is it because you really need to have a browser on the box and need to access Android?

Just confirming and making the point that with [ LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.img.gz ]
    No booting issues at all.
    The issue of random freezing started with [ LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161129232917-r23467-gdee7939.img.gz ]

The issue of Full Freezing at boot happened with [ LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161202213923-r23473-g8a53869.img ]

I can confirm this. Also the random freezes during boot with LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010-USB-Revert.img.gz after installing this (didn't try yet the normal version or the 32bit version). I am using a Q-Box 2GB/16GB box.

I am completely stock. I cannot even get past boot animation after 19th November version.
    I am also coming from stock no add ons 19th November.

With me, the version of the 19th works too, but not the dev version from the 2nd of December. Why was the version of the 19th pulled from the download site? It might be interesting to see what actually changed from this version onward.

My S905 Q-Box 2GB/16GB Box was running on Android 5.1 originally with this build LMY47V.20160907. LibeElec works on it from the SD card using following image: 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) with the default device tree. After install to NAND everything is still good and of course must faster.

However, if I update it to the latest development build from (2016-12-02) by dropping the the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161202213923-r23473-g8a53869.img.gz file in the shared update folder it works at first fine in default Kodi. But when I restore a backup of Kodi via the LibreElec recovery function using a .tar file placed on the box, the box freezes after rebooting on the boot screen (the golden Q).

The only way to recover the box is by booting it up again via the 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) SD card. Also the install to NAND works.

I've tried the alternative approaches to get the box running with the backup and the 2016-12-02 development version but with the same result. The only version that so far seem to work is the development version of 2016-11-19 at hand (it's taken offline now it seems).

I tried the following to get the 2016-12-02 running:

• I restored the Kodi .tar backup in 7.0.2.009 (2016-11-06) on NAND and then updated to the 2016-11-06 development version -> no boot after reboot
    • I made a new SD card based on the 2016-12-02 development version, tried to boot it up from this SD -> no booting at all

Any idea what is going on? Am I updating it wrong? Or did I find a bug in restoring backups and/or booting in the latest development version?

If Nemsis has Libre Elec file, he/she also has an open elec tar file.
    MEGA
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Nick

Finally came around to test this OpenElec version for Kodi 16 on a 4K TV. But unfortunatly the same results as the LibreElec (Kodi 16) version. After the bootlogo the screens turns black. I've only encountered this problem on the MX box, other boxes MXQ, MXIII-G work fine with LibreElec (and Kodi 16) on a 4K TV.

Still the only solution if you have a 4K TV and the good old MX box is to run it on OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15).

How can I identify which chip (S905 or S905x) my box has? I have a Q-Box 2Gb / 16GB, older versions came with the S905 and newer versions come with S905x. But how can I see which one I have?

By the way, the box works with the vanilla devicetree that came with 7.90.008. I didn't need to use a different device tree, it worked via SD and also installed on the NAND. But I'm still not sure which processor I really have in the box.

If Nemsis has Libre Elec file, he/she also has an open elec tar file.
    MEGA
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Nick

Thanks a lot! I've finally come around to upgrade a MX box from OpenELEC 6.0 (with Kodi 15.2) to this version of OpenELEC from Nemisis72 (based on OpenELEC 6.95? or 7.0? with Kodi 16.0).

It works good, seems a bit snappier than LibreELEC. But that might be wishful thinking on my side. Power off from Kodi works now as it used to: it doesn't make the box hang , yet the led stays blue. You have to power it off completely by pressing on the power button on the remote. This was always how it worked with OpenELEC on the MX box.

I haven't tried the box yet on a 4K TV because I don't have one, but I will try it somewhere within a week. I'll report back with results.

gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb (this one bluetooth is working)

Never tried gxl_p212_2g.dtb.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm getting probably a newer S905X version of this box. The gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb devicetree seems to be for the S905 model. I'm going to play around with this box when it arrives.

Just to speed some things up and not to make any beginners mistakes. Did you flash it by microSD or USB drive? If by USB drive, which port should I use?

I'm confused now. Are you saying I should bring the box back to (Open)Elec 6.0 and then upgrade it to Nemesis 7.0? How should I do that? I don't have a .tar file to put into the update folder of OpenElec for this build. Do you have one?

I installed Nemesis' MX2 LibreElec via SD card this on a box which previously was running on OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15), I used this file and assume this is the Nemesis' MX2 LibreElec version we are both talking about:
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.MX2.arm-7.0.2.003_EXTRACT_ME_ON_ROOT_SD.zip

This works OK on a non-4k or non-UHD TV. But on newer 4K TV's it gives a problem. I've seen that Silvio had a different problem with a UHD capable TV here: LibreELEC

Silvio solved his problem with his TV by reinstalling OpenElec 6.0 (Kodi 15):

I finally solved my issue,
    it is probably related to the "Elec" os 7.x or Kodi 16.x.
    By using anorther bundle with a previous elec version (6.03) and Kodi 15.2 it works very fine !
    Now I'm able to select 1080p o 4k as screen relolution !

I would like to know if the problem can be solved in OpenElec 7.0 for this box. It probably has something to do with the HDMI handshake and the box not knowing to do when the TV tells the box that it can also handle 4K. The box needs to be clear that 1080 is the limit ;)

I've encountered a problem with this firmware for the good old MX2 box. On some newer TV's it won't give a video output directly after booting. It shows the bootscreens in 720P, but the moment the output switches to 1080p the video is blank. On some TV's the picture is just black, there seems to be a signal, since the TV indicates the image is 1080p, but the screen is just black.

The box works fine with OpenELEC 6.0, just not always with some TV's on LibreELEC 7.0.x. Does anybody know what the problem could be and how to solve it?

I found an issue with the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel-20160815122240-r23306-gd4a3717.zip firmware on an MX-III 2GB box:

When selecting an output audio device in system settings, the only choices are:

Output audio device:

• ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, Analog
    • ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, S/PDIF
    • PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

But no:

• ALSA: AML-M8Audio, HDMI

This option is needed when you connect your box to a AV Receiver via HDMI and it gets its audio signal via Passthrough. This output audio device is present in M8S+ versions of LibreElec

Thanks Drieschel! I'll try that one!
    What do you recommend? Installing it via SD and hidden button or via first going to the recovery menu and then selecting EXT > sdcard? I want to install it on NAND.

Update:
    I found it out. The best way to flash it, is first to flash it by USB Burning tool to stock Android and then flash it via microSD via the hidden update button method. First impressions are good, everything seems to work. If I encounter issues I will report.