Posts by iamwally

Hi,

there is a bug causing sound cracking on Amlogic Meson6 in the current LE 9.0 master branch which makes it unusable for now. However this bug also affects officially supported WeTek Play so I'm simply waiting until it gets fixed in upstream. Once there is a working LE 9.0 build for WeTek Play I'll try to make it work on MX2 again.

Thanks so much!!! That would be awesome!!! Wish I knew how to do this stuff so I wouldn't have to bother anyone but I am thankful that since I do not know how there are folks out there like you that do!!!!

Thanks,

iamwally

There is not much to get from update to 17.4 as most of the fixes does not apply to Amlogic platform. So I'm currently not planning 8.1.x / 8.2.x build, sorry. Instead I've already tried to build development version of 9.0 (with Kodi 18.0) and it runs somehow, however in its current state it is not usable yet.

Hi KOPRajs. Any news on a new release yet? Appreciate all you do for keeping these great little boxes alive and current!

Thanks,

iamwally

Hi! I wonder if someone can help. I had a working Libreelec 7 install on a MX2 and I followed the instructions used tune2fs command to change partition name. Then put 8.01 tar file in update directory and restarted the box. It started the update and gave some kind of can't stat mtd4 and then proceeded with the rest of install but when it reboots it says my installation is now broken and gives me gibberish all over the screen. Any ideas what I did wrong and how to recover?

Thanks,

iamwally

UPDATE:

I ended up doing a full install from recovery and still could not get it to work. Kept getting the same tty message as everyone else. Took me a few tries before I realised that I was formatting the sd card with minitool partition wizard as ext3 Primary and it needs to be ext3 Logical! Duh! My Bad! Just wanted to point that out for others in same situation.

Thanks,

iamwally