Posts by mike2002

Hello BKay

I tried the demo and I confirm that I see the same thing. I tried the same demo on my RockPi4 and again I see the same problem. Finally, I play the demo on my Minix U9-H running the last version of CE and the picture is perfect. The aliasing is evident on the last picture of the demo, the LG logo.

buximze : Personnaly, the color look perfect. I compare Rockchip with Amlogic and the color are equivalents... Maybe a little bit better on Rockchip.

jernej !

I did more tests on your last test image for Pine H64.

- I am able to listen a lot more 4k HDR contents then before

- My pine H64 triggered correctly the HDR on My TV. So, when I start an HDR content, my TV display the logo HDR content is playing

- The colorspace BT.2020 is not triggered when I listen a HDR movie. That's not good.

- I am unable to play REMUX movie, I have a green screen.

- Once I tried to play a Remux movie, I am unable the start any other HDR content, even contents that played correctly before.

- A bug probalby related to Kodi 19 Alpha, I am unable to start my Pine H64 with my mariadb server. No database migration, I am just stuck on the Kodi screen.

- And, a problem you already know, I am unable to use my Pine H64 passing through my AVR. Maybe this problem will be corrected with Kernel 5.2... For me it's a big handicap.

Hi !

I did a quick test with my Rock64 with Libreelec 8.90.015. I play a DivX without problem, no stutter/Jitter. I play it 5 minutes without any glitch. I previously played a lot of H264 and h265 contents without issue.

Just a little precision, my resolution is set to 720p. As soon I set it to 1080p suttering and jittering appear.

No stutter/jitter at 720p but that appear at 1080p with this video

Video

ID : 0

Format : MPEG-4 Visual

Codec ID : DIV3

Codec ID/Hint : DivX 3 Low

Duration : 1 h 57 min

Bit rate : 694 kb/s

Width : 576 pixels

Height : 432 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 4:3

Frame rate : 25.000 FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Compression mode : Lossy

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.112

Stream size : 585 MiB (83%)

Samething for this one :

Video

ID : 0

Format : MPEG-4 Visual

Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5

Format settings : BVOP2

Format settings, BVOP : 2

Format settings, QPel : No

Format settings, GMC : No warppoints

Format settings, Matrix : Default (MPEG)

Muxing mode : Packed bitstream

Codec ID : XVID

Codec ID/Hint : XviD

Duration : 40 min 35 s

Bit rate : 1 060 kb/s

Width : 720 pixels

Height : 404 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate : 25.000 FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Compression mode : Lossy

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.146

Stream size : 308 MiB (88%)

Writing library : XviD 64

Personnaly I think it's more related to horsepower, I play the exact same contents in 1080p without glitch with my Rockpi4. Actually the Rock64 is clock at 1.2 Ghz, if we can clock it at 1.5 Ghz (like armbian do with the Rock64) maybe that can help to eliminate the stuttering.

ArchNMy ! I agree with you, 1 GB should be fine but users report some problems in another thread related to the Rock4 1 GB... May be there problems are not related to the ram amount but that cost nothing to ask, just to know if we found a correlation.

That's really weird. Just some little setings to check :

- Set GUI Resolution to 1920x1080p (system->Display) (personally I set it at 1280x720p)

- Set refresh rate to 60 Hz (System->Display)

- Whitelist all supported resolutions (System->Display) In particular do not select all resolution with 4096

- Adjust display refresh rate On start/stop (Players->Videos)

Hi Carey !

I try both video on my Rock64 and they play flawlessly.

I have a Rock64 with 4GB ram. I run Librelec nightly-20190501 build from a micro SD card (samsunbg EVO 32 GB). All my playback are done via my NAS with SMB protocol.

Just by curiosity, and I do not think it's related to your problem, how many ram do you have on your Rock64 ? And do you try to run the video via a HDD plug into your USB ?

Hi !

just for reference, I run the last nightly build on my rock64 4GB without big problem. I am able to play SD, HD, some 4K and some 4K HDR without problem. And I don't have to disable "allow hardware acceleration-PRIME"

Some weeks ago I had some problem with SD content that was not smooth when playing it, but now everything paly well.

Some of my 4K and 4K HDR do not work but others 4K and 4K HDR work well.

jernej

The boot sequence do not go enough far to ssh the Pine H64 so I am unable to login to do a dmesg. I attach a photo of my screen, maybe that will help. If I plug a USB/TTL dongle do you think I can be able to provide you more interesting information ?

I do not provide the decoded EDID, how I can provide that ?