Posts by Notna

Thanks for the fast replies! I've tried the following:

without device tree it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with the original device tree in the LibreELEC image it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb all hardware works but no remote.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb all hardware works but no remote.

I’m guessing the last two devices trees are working for me but maybe I need to take extra steps to get the remote working? Like I said before, I have two identical boxes, it’s very strange that one works and the other is giving me headaches..

1. Did you check if you do not have the p212 version fot the MQX pro 4k? I made that mistake the first time (and as such grabbed the wrong dtb file: the p200 file)
    2. I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. You can find the config file here:

Originalremote.zip - Google Drive

Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

Yup. My MXQ Pro OTT also exhibits this issue after upgrading from 8.0.1f to 8.0.1g.

No idea how your set up is, but works flawlessly here with an MXQ Pro 4k (P212 model with S905x socket) on practically anything I throw at it. Any examples of files that always fail? More than happy to test a few to see if it is hardware, software or otherwise related.

Hi
    I have issues with device tree on my MXQ Pro 4K.
    When using gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb sound card is not detected.
    If using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb sound is fine but it wouldn't boot from nand!
    Here is the snippet of dmesg:

Code
    [    2.430293@1] aml-i2s-dai I2S.37: Can't retrieve mpll2 clock
    [    2.430309@1] aml-i2s-dai: probe of I2S.37 failed with error -2
    [    2.430477@1] aml_pcm_dai: pcm mode detection =0
    [    2.431050@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [    2.431053@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: register aml sound card error -22
    [    2.431056@1] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.45: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [    2.431063@1] aml_snd_m8_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.45 failed with error -22

if you have a Pro 4k, you need the p212 dtb file, not the p200. Double check your version in the About setting in Android or use CPU-Z

Is there maybe a simple way to test and compare (quantify) the network performance between Jarvis and Krypton?
    Some SSH command to measure up/down Mbit/s?

You could do a wget, but that would test the connection speed of LibreElec and not so much Kodi which is what you would like to quantify in this case. Plus; there are add-ons for that that are far easier to use than SSH. iPerf is another option I suppose:

iPerf - The TCP, UDP and SCTP network bandwidth measurement tool

But I wonder what you would get from it. I doubt it has anything to do with LAN/WAN throughput and more to do with the coding in Kodi itself

Whybis it so slow to load images and forgets images it's already loaded when I scroll past them? Also searches take around 4 full minutes to return...

I have it on a 2g/16g device so can't be memory?

What type of SD card are you using? I used a no brand before and it was awfully slow. Got a UHS I, Class 10 card from EMC now and it is nice and fast :)

Hello good ppl :)

Recently I updated libreelec to new 8.0.1.e version and I noticed that DTS-MA and DD-THD do not work.
    In old libreelec 7 DTS-MA and DD-THD was working perfectly.
    Is it just me or HD audio passtrhough realy do not work?

I have nexbox a95x (b7n) 2/16gb

Apart from 'define not working': I just tested 'Sing' with DTS-MA and that works perfectly fine using a Pioneer AVR 831. Did sync plaback to refreshrate turn on by mistake perhaps?

Question from my side; is there a way to edit the installed files for skins? I want to change the default background picture in the Aon Skin but I cannot seem to find the folder via Samba shares to edit the bg_background.jpg file? It was easy enough to find in Android but with LibreElec; no idea...

Am I just being an idiot that I cannot get my Rii i8 mini keyboard nor my Flirc USB to work? Both work fine on my MXQ Pro 4k in Android, but as soon as I use this ( LibreElec with the proper dtb file from the repo) build via the SD card, they refuse to work. I am trying to, at the very least, get my Harmony 700 to work with the box, but apart from some basic things (navigation, OK etc.) other buttons will simply not work.
    I figured the FLIRC would just emulate a keyboard like it does in Android, but it seems that all IR signals are only picked up by the IR receiver from the box itself. I have no idea if the Flirc is even 'turned on'... ?

Apart from that; great build. Finally able to use HD audio which is very much welcome in my set up :D If I can simply get my Flirc/Harmony remote to work properly that would be awesome )

Edit: To answer my own question; Yes I am an idiot. I use the dtb.img file for the MXQ Pro 4k, but turns out I have a P212, not a P200 device (so 905x vs 905). Used the right file this time and all is working fine.

I will go into a corner now and mumble about my noobness...:$

Yes, a fast SD card is recommended. The slower the card, the bigger the lags.

First of all; super mega thanks for this release. I am able to update to V17 with HD Audio enabled on my MXQ pro as opposed to not being able to do that in Android (given the changes in the Audio API etc.)

I used a spare SD card (no name Class 10) to test it out and it works great. However there is significant lag to be seen in the library overview (loading covers etc.) and also when you turn off a film and what not. I am assuming I need to get proper SD card.

Now the real question; having done some improvements to the current install on my current SD; is there a way to copy the settings nd what not that I currently have over to a new, faster, SD card or do I need to start with a clean install for this?