Posts by Iridium

I tried using a fat32 storage partition a few years ago on OE. I can't remember the details but it initially all looked good but quickly turned to poop.

On the other hand I've used Fat32 for 'system' on pc's for years in OE and LE with no discernible issues.

I think if you use NTFS you shouldn't have any issues.

I don't have any Windows - except those I look out of.

I think you'd be better off using a smaller SD card (2G) for LE and a larger USB stick for /storage.

I use a SD for LE and /storage is on a SSD and works a dream. If I'm correct LE is loaded into memory at start, so speed is not essential - as to the format of /storage I don't think it would make a difference to LE.

I usually use my VERY OLD Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger I think) using Firefox 3.6.28 (The latest version for Powerpc) and after the upgrade the website was unusable - just a load of text inline.

It must be 15 years old, a PPC 7450 500Mb ram 667Mhz (Most smart phones probably have better specs :blush: )

Upgrading the OS is not possible (Already on the latest version) and can't upgrade Firefox or Safari (All on latest version).

After a bit of searching I found a solution - Install TenFourFox - it works just like Firefox but built for Powerpc and the new website works as expected.8)

Chriswwalker Obviously you are free to use whatever distribution you like, but I think OE will give the same response.

Due to the negative response Kodi has been getting in the press lately about piracy/stealing/etc I don't think the responses were unreasonable. If Kodi, LE, OE. OSMC are to remain free, they have to show that they are not involved in anything illegal. A lawsuit against Kodi etc could damage the opensource and then where would we be.

Yes you can argue that some addon is not doing anything illegal, but if it's not in the Kodi official addon repository, then you might want to ask why.

Keep it legal, keep it free.

That is MY opinion not LE.

I doubt it, as that is Kodi not LE and wouldn't really be part of a debug as temperature never really is an issue in debugging an application.

However, it wouldn't be difficult to write a shell script to monitor all three in the background.

Also temperature is VERY platform specific, as the sensor is not always in the same place, so an Intel reading cannot really be compared to an Arm.

I don't see why not. I have a PiFi DAC for RPi1 and a PiFi Digi for RPi2 and they both work fine. All it needs is a change to config.txt and selecting the input in Kodi.

Might be worth waiting to see if anyone else has tried the exact model before buying.

I only use ethernet for all.
    Set readfactor to 40.
    One strange thing on my advancedsettings.xml is if check kodi.log the settings are completely different.
    Can you say why?

That's a crash log from 29th April 2017.

View current log with more /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log and share URL with cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log|paste

iwconfig might be part of the LE addon Network tools.

With those internet speeds, it's more than likely the source that is the issue. However, you stated earlier that you use ethernet for local files, but the problem is with live streams - so do you use ethernet for them or Wifi?

You could increase the readfactor up to 60 but expect issues if you try to fast forward too far.

It sounds like a network issue, rather than a software one.

I think you need to be a lot more precise as to what you are watching and what your setup is.
    Does it occur on local files, network files, or internet files?
    What is the bit rate of the files.
    Have you modified the buffer settings in advancedsettings.xml?
    How are you connected - Wifi, Ethernet?
    What is the output of iwconfig if Wifi
    What is the output of

Code
    curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

..and of course a kodi.log

Sounds like to me that there is an issue with your home movies - seems like a sync problem between audio and video.
    A Kodi log might show something but I think it is the actual file that is the issue.
    If you can post a snippet of the file in question (If legal and possible) somewhere, then maybe someone can analyse it.
    It would help to know how you obtain these movies (Conversion, download, direct input, etc).

I've had something similar when converting a DVD to mkv, so it may be just the conversion that is causing the issue - I doubt it is Le that is the issue - but without more information it is difficult to deduce ....