Posts by Iridium

@thoradia Would it be possible to include Sickbeard in the list of addons? I know Sickrage is a port of Sickbeard, and is better in most areas, however it is designed for torrents and not usenet. Here in the UK most torrent sites are blocked by our IP providers by (see **) orders, so usenet is the only real option.

If not possible, I guess I could try a docker container, but I find it so slow (at first) on my RPi, so I would prefer a native application.

** For some reason "c o u r t" is a censored word?

No longer a request, a LE addon for Pi-Hole is now available.

At the moment it only works on X86, ARM (Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 only) and aarm64.

You’re welcome to try on other systems, but if it doesn’t work, then there is nothing we can do about it, as Pi-Hole relies on Docker builds. Docker

Because this is a system wide ad blocker it needs a static IP address. So set this first, before installing.

Installation:

1) Install LinuxServer.ios repository.

Add-ons → LibreELEC Add-ons → Add-on repository → LinuxServer.io’s Docker Add-ons

2) Install Pi-Hole

Add-ons → LinuxServer.io’s Docker Add-ons → Services →

(This will take some time, so be patient)

When finished you will be taken to the Pi-Hole configuration page. All you really need to do is add a password to access the webgui.

Now wait some more – as the Pi-Hole container needs to be downloaded. (Around 10 minutes on slower machines)

When all is finished, you’ll be able to log on via the webgui at <IP address>/admin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could it possible to have Pi-Hole as an LE addon?

https://pi-hole.net

Like many other users, I leave my LE RPi3 on 24/7, I use tvheadend for PVR so having an ad block running at the same time seems to make sense.

I know it's probably not part of your core USP but I have found it to be incredibly reliable on another RPi3.

Just a thought.

I agree with @HiassofT.

A UK board kit with only an on/off switch (solder it yourself as well) is £15 (Plus postage). Considering the running costs of a RPi is around £5 per year, it's not really worth it. For that sort of money you could just buy a smart/remote plug and use that instead.

Also, when you use the remote to poweroff, does it activate a clean shut down via poweroff, or just cut the power - if the latter, then you risk file corruption.

If it's only a data transfer speed that's the problem, and there are no errors, or spurious sounds, then it doesn't sound like the disk is failing.

If you can explain fully and exactly the full details of the two machines, especially LAN cards and the method of transfer (SMB, NFS, UPnP, Pvr etc). Also give details of time taken to copy a 1G file from A -> B and B -> A.

If possible can you attach the 3TB HDD to your NUC and see if a SATA/IDE read is just as bad.

It could just be a network card issue and not the disk

LE, like OpenElec is a read only system, so the script will fail as it cannot write to the system files. Looking at the script it is definitely designed

to work on most "Normal" Raspbian systems, including OSMC and probably Xbian (With a few modifications) but not LE.

However, someone may have managed to get it working on LE.

I think @Klojum is correct, once a disk starts to not perform correctly, it's time to look for a replacement. It could be anything, controller error, wear and tear, or just corruption.

You don't say what the disk is formatted as - NTFS, EXT3/4 etc or how much free space you have as this might be a cause of the issue (NTFS defrag?).

The best way to be sure is to backup the whole disk (In your case this may not be easy with 3TB) and then reformat your disk and copy back the data. This will usually show up any errors. If you hear unusual noises from the drive (clicking or grinding), it's time to bin it.

I think WD do some utilities for checking disks but they are only available for Win and Mac.

You could also try FTP'ing files to and from the drive and see if any errors are reported and check the I/O rates.

As with any operating systems you DO need to read the instructions, Wiki

It clearly states:

Linux

Download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. After the download has finished, open a terminal and enter the following commands (assuming “Downloads” is your default download folder and the filename is matching):

Code
    cd ~/Downloads
    chmod +x LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-32bit.bin 

Now you are able to start the tool from the command line by entering:

Code
    sudo ./LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-32bit.bin