Posts by MikeKL

See Point 11 in 1st post of milhouse kodi forum thread for recent Matrix Kodi 19 testbuilds, as this provides explanation of Critical, Stable and Beta Bootloader and usb3 firmware, along with explanation on how to apply updates via Libreelec settings option and/or manually at own risk etc.

Obviously take care and do not modify if not sure what your doing etc. (not used myself)

My eeprom and usb3 settings according to Libreelec 9.2.4 GUI

And via ssh

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # rpi-eeprom-update
    BCM2711 detected
    Dedicated VL805 EEPROM detected
    BOOTLOADER: up-to-date
    CURRENT: Thu Apr 16 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
    LATEST: Thu Apr 16 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
    FW DIR: /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/critical
    VL805: up-to-date
    CURRENT: 000137ad
    LATEST: 000137ad

Installing Milhouse Texture Cache Maintenance Utility may assist you in achieving what you wish to perform via crontab.

In addition to its primary role, utility has a number of very useful options such as:-

• exec - Execute specified addon, with optional parameters
    • play - Play specified item (local file, playlist, internet stream etc)

As you query was interesting to me I looked for and found suggestion to use utilty, from this old thread post in Kodi forum.

(not tried it myself, but sounds like it should work)

Install NOOBS or PINN on the Pi and you have a boot time menu for selecting the OS to boot. It's not possible to control booting into the OS tho.

With PINN (and I assume Noobs too) it is possible to select which OS to boot into during boot up process and select which OS is normally booted into etc. Relevant sections of PINN Readme on github :-

OS Boot Selector

Sticky Default OS

OS Boot selection order

I have Raspbian and LibreElec installed on SD via PINN on RPI4 and with PINN boot process am able to switch between OS as my needs dictate.

Also able to keep each OS manually updated to latest, when booted into partcular OS etc.

Not attempted Video conferencing in Raspbian though, use mobile for that these days as much more portable etc.

x60hz as mentioned by Nicolas, if you have the TVheadend Server correctly installed on your device, rather than use this addon within kodi.

I would personally try to setup TVheadend Server from another device on your network. i.e. PC (accessing Tvheadend server via web interface)

Regarding setup for North America not sure as I am in Europe, but believe section K within following overall pvr setup guide may be of help to you.

Build a Cheap PVR using Raspberry Pi 3, LibreELEC, Kodi, Tvheadend, & HDHomeRun -- Linux Crumbs

Generally follow points 1 through to 8, where if you select "United States: us-ATSC-center-frequency-8VSB-062009" as Pre-defined muxes at point 4, it should then find required muxes in NJ area and then channels available within each mux.

If you are still having issues it would help to know a little more about your particular device + OS setup and connection to antenna via ? etc

Additionally assume ref section H of above setup you have correctly installed TVheadend server and Tvheadend HTSP Client addons?

PS Noted your other post where you claim to have a HD Home Run and be running kodi within Raspbian OS, assume this post has no direct link to other post and you are using Libreelec OS? (Anyway overall guide from 2017 orginally may still guide you in your overall quest)

Automatic should work but for a long time now it has not been working as expected. You switch from Automatic to Manual update within LibreELEC Settings option.

Go to Updates

Automatic updates: Select Manual

Update Channel: Select LibreELEC-9.2

Select Available Versions option and you should be able to both see and select 9.2.1

(You will note advice provided on your current version and version you plan to upgrade/downgrade to)

Yes to update

Then your device will download and update to selected version.

Mike1605 I am aware that you have moved on…but just as a final follow up to my ExpressVPN Auth error that I was personally struggling to resolve.

Well after an extensive review between working and non-working device files and their setup with support from zomboided: issue was tracked down (by zombided, thank you as issue had been quietly driving me nuts) to simple typo within my very long ExpressVPN password. (q rather than g) /shrug

How did this happen, well in my defence (if i have any) it must be an age/eyesight issue as when looking at and carefully checking password in Kodi GUI on TV and remotely via ssh and even with copied files on PC using notepad to check information within addon settings file: I never once noticed my elementary mistake. :exclamation:

Posted here for other VPN users to consider if/when they get Auth Error and they are SURE they are introducing everything correctly :idea:

Nobody is infallible (incapable of making an error :blush:)

zomboided See below import log for personally provided ExpressVPN files, transferred into User Defined area.

As mentioned in previous posts with a provided kodi debug log, I am unable to obtain VPN connection?

However if I copy across all "Userdata\addon_data\service.vpn.manager" files from an older working libreELEC installation from another device VPN connections can then be established, which makes me believe something could be interoperating incorrectly between your add-on and Kodi/LibreELEC OS I am utilising during setup?

The user and password get committed only when committed, this behaviour is normal for all vpns. Can you take the ovpn you’ve downloaded and run it through the User Defined wizard and see if what ExpressVPN provide works ok.

I believe thats what I have done already, recorded in log? I utilised user defined wizard, pointed it to folder containing my expressvpn downloaded *.opvn and key files and result appeared to be same as when using addon provided files + the request for my key files etc. When I use openvpn commands via ssh, VPN connection is correct. (Perhaps I am trying to provide to many files to wizard, i.e. do I need to provide key files to user defined wizard when its not necessary with command line, I recollect wizard copied everything I provided in folder?)

If you need additional specific test result information, just let me know.

zomboided  Mike1605 as mentioned in my previous post above. I have been having issues setting up ExpressVPN within VPN Manager for OpenVPN on clean LibreELEC installation running on my Device(s) I have tested today on rpi4 with clean LibreELEC OS and clean install of add-on and I am unable to set-up add-on correctly whatever method I use within addon.

Here is kodi.log (debug switched on) with info when utilising add-ons user defined wizard to transfer and then setup personally downloaded ExpressVPN *.opvn and key files that I checked and included in device downloads folder. (I sshd own files as initially thought that perhaps issue was due to possibly out of date expressvpn files being provided via addon)

Please note that before performing all above I took your troubleshooting advice from add-on wiki to test OpenVPN with ExpressVPN manually (sshing into device etc)

Following is ssh terminal information for a “successful vpn connection” when using exact same *.opvn files held in downloads folder and running OpenVPN manually. (key files not required)

I have checked and double checked username and password to be sure they are correctly entered within GUI of addon and transfered into settings.xml. In case its relevant I have noted that Userdata\addon_data\service.vpn.manager\settings.xml does not include validated username and password strings in "vpn_username_validated" and "vpn_password_validated" settings. (Which I do see within settings.xml of a working installation, set-up longtime ago on much earlier version of LibreELEC)

Hope provided information is helpful in understanding what issue could be?

Mike1605 could you provide kodi logs with "debug switched on" as your issue seems similar to my recent experience (I explain) been using ExpressVPN successfully with "VPN Manager for OpenVPN" for along time now on rpis. However more recently never been able to setup cleanly on freshly prepared rpi with latest version of LibreELEC installed, getting what I recollect is same as you "Auth error with a user, pass and cert/key"

As I had other rpi devices with ExpressVPN setup and working with VPN Manager for OpenVPN installed I got around issue by copying folders and files from working device.

I also firmly believe I was using correct credentials "checked and re-checked" and even compared key files and addons setup files between working/non-working devices checking that username and passwords in files were same/correct etc. (Used manual method and wizard, checked information with expressvpn help team, I could not get to bottom of what I was doing wrong with clean install)

I will re-test again in near future on a new rpi4 I recently purchased and if addon doesnt work I will post kodi.logs with debug switched on in the VPN Manager for OpenVPN addon and Kodi's settings.

Regarding TV remote is not controlling LibreELEC Kodi, Assume you have ensured following options are set to On on your TV?

i.e. ref page 15 43pft5503_05_dfu_eng.pdf

Switch on EasyLink
    (Home) > Settings > Generalsettings > EasyLink > EasyLink > On

Operate HDMI CEC-compatible devices with TVremote control
    (Home) > Settings > Generalsettings > EasyLink > EasyLink remotecontrol > On

Additionally CEC should be defaulted to ON in LibreELEC on your Rpi. You can check this and modify other LibreELEC CEC settings via cog symbol (top left of Kodi GUI) then

Settings -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter

Please Note: In order to see and access above option in Kodi GUI you will need to switch from "Basic" mode to "Standard" or higher

(This can be adjusted by going to bottom of available options when your in Settings -> System to cog with Basic written next to it and stepping through available levels)

As you can see below there are a number of options that can be adjusted to your needs in CEC Adapter settings option

Update version 20191216 with kernel 5.5.

Added support for built-in WiFi.

Installed your build 201912120 LibreELEC-AML.arm-9.80-devel-20191220155508-6e9040d-amlgx.img.gz onto SD

Modified uEnv.ini and extlinux.conf to ensure pointing to correct dtb for my vim2 "meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb"

Vim2 booted up into LibreELEC OK with following minor? warning message a start of 1st and subsequent boots

Code
    [FAILED] Failed to start Set CPU Frequency governer and its tunables

Build in WiFi "AP6359SA BCM4359" for my Vim2 Pro initially did not seem to be being recognised within LibreELEC settings, however when I physically connected LAN cable to VIM2 both wired and available wireless connections appeared.

Successful made connection to LAN as expected, then attempted to switch to available wireless connection(s).

1st attempted to switch connection to 5GHz band, entering password when requested etc. Upon entry of password and OK all available wireless connections disappeared from LibreELEC Settings list with no warning/error message. (recollect this as existing issue with LibreELEC settings, going into existing LAN connection as if to edit but select refresh option, finds and re-presents all available connections in list)

2nd attempted and successfully switched from LAN to 2.4Ghz band, great news

3rd attempted and successfully switched from 2.4Ghz to 5GHz band, great news

Switching/Making WiFi connections via the LibreELEC settings menu seemed a little flaky, but with persistence and additional attempts

Looking great for fully working WiFi on Vim2 Pro moving forward :cool: