Posts by Gaudi

would you mind testing this old milhouse build? LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160423121110-#0423-gf1aef79.tar

I ask because it uses libinput instead of evdev. Perhaps it will work better with your trackpad.

Thank you. Tried to download the file, but it is not there. Checked the folder and oldest file is dated from June. Have you got any other link for download?

Is there any chance to check the evdev config in the newer builds to see if it is messed up/broken? (If such config file exists)

Thanks

Hi, I am fairly new to LibreELEC, but participated many times in the former OpenELEC forums.

At this time, I am facin an ackward issue. I cuurently am using v7.90.2 on my ThinPad T440p, and have noticed that the Synaptics touchpad behaves in absolute mode, as opposed to the "usual" relative mode. This proves to be very unconvenient for using Chromium, and would like to revert the behavior to the former relative mode. Absolute mode makes almost imposible to simultaneously select an item in any corner or edge of the screen and click it, as there are no physical mouse buttons available.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or a desired design feature, but in any case, I would rather have a way to chose which mode I like the best.

Some debugging information:

dmesg output:
    baFG

kodi.log output (in debug mode):
    eKCc

Your help or troubleshooting guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Dear all, after a while of not seing updates in OpenELEC I realized many of the developers forked into LibreELEC, so I switched here.
    First of all I would really like to congratulate you on the project and sustained support for all of us users.

As I mentioned, I came from OpenELEC system, and I have noticed since the last upgrades, initially to OpenELEC beta and Milhouse builds and lately to LibreELEC 7.0.2 that the brightness control built in on my ThinkPad T440p notebook does not work. I have tested it in both v7.0.2 and LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.002 ALPHA.
    I have alse replicated this same issue in another T450.

Some notes and troubleshooting I have already done:
    * Tried the system that came from the upgrade (severals) and also a clean fresh install. Same beahviour.
    * If I set the brightness before Kodi loads, it works, but upon load it goes to full brightness.

Usually it is activated via Fn + F6/F5, to no avail. It looks like it is a kernel issue (or a keymap issue). I am using both Kali and Xubuntu on the same machine, and on both distros brightness operates flawlessly.

Quick search on the web shows many results related to this same issue in different Linux Flavours.

Attached are links for dmesg, kodi.log and backlight information (below)

Code
    OpenELEC-T440p:~ # ls /sys/class/backlight/
    intel_backlight

dmesg output:
    baFG

kodi.log output (in debug mode):
    eKCc

Latest keypresses reflect key to change brightness, apparently keys are not recognized.

Your help or troubleshooting guidance will be appreciated.

Regards

Edit 1: installed System Tools Addon and using getscancodes the system does not seem to recognize the brightness adjust keys.

Code
    LibreELEC-Portable:~ # getscancodes /dev/input/event4
    Input driver version is 1.0.1
    Input device ID: bus 0x11 vendor 0x1 product 0x1 version 0xab54
    Input device name: "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"

It may be related to the latest update to the .hwdb syntax.

If you want to solve this you could make a custom xorg.conf and use edid.bin.
    Configuring a Custom xorg.conf - OpenELEC

The reason for no video showing is because xorg asks the tv what outputs are available at boot. So if there is nothing connected/powered on, it will not detect it. With this config you tell it what output to use, and what resolution etc. So afterwards you can power on/off your htpc regardless of what the tv is doing.

This is not as much of a bug as it's a feature.

I am not sure if it has anything to do, but have noticed that if in the no HDMI out situation I start Chromium, the screen config is "extend" mode. That is, I can move dl the mouse to the right beyond Chromium screen and it shows on a black background of the external TV.

Could this be that cause, the driver defaulting to extend instead of Clone?

I am using a ThinkPad t440p with HD4000 on board video card.