[SOLVED] CuBox-i4-pro | LE8.0.2 | Not getting gigabit speeds

• Hi All,

After noting that some music I was playing was skipping I've noticed that my CuBox i4-pro is only running at 100Mbps on the network. I believe the fault lies on the CuBox itself; here's the troubleshooting I've done to establish that:

• Other devices plugged in to different ports on my router get gigabit speeds.
    • The CuBox, when plugged in to these other ports, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • The CuBox, with a different 1m Cat5e cable, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • The Cubox, with this different cable, plugged into another gigabit switch, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • My laptop, with this different cable, plugged into both the router and the gigabit switch, gets full gigabit speeds.

To confirm I should be getting gigabit, I checked the manufacturers page (SolidRun | Simple Robust Embedded Computing Solutions

Code
    Ethernet:    10/100/1000 Mbps (*)

(*) Note that due to internal i.MX6 buses the 1000Mbps interface speed is limited to 470Mbps.

I've started looking at the CuBox and it seems to report that 100Mbps is the maximum:

I tried setting the speed manually with:

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

but it just drops the connection and brings it back up at 100Mbps.

Any ideas?!

• It is set 100mbit intentionally imx6/linux: limit ethernet speed to 100mbits which works reliable ... by vpeter4 · Pull Request #1618 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub because it is more stable.

Because of 100mbit you should not see any difference when playing music or video. There must be something else.

If you really want to have gigabit speed then you need to uncomment line

Code
    #enable_giga_arg=fec.disable_giga=0

in file /storage/uEnv.txt

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    sed "s|#enable_giga_arg=fec.disable_giga=0|enable_giga_arg=fec.disable_giga=0|g" /flash/uEnv.txt
    mount -o remount,ro /flash

or using nano or vi editor.

• Much appreciated yet again vpeter - agreed that it is probably something else that is causing the stuttering. Will test with music on a USB drive as it may be the NAS I'm streaming from that is causing the issue.

Marked as solved.